Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 hours ago, KFS said:

I reckon he and Coady would love it in a 3 sat proper deep next season. Stink the place out why don’t we 

It'd be quite a logical step with our squad to play like that. A back 3 of coady, faes and vestergaard with backups in souttar and Nelson with Justin and Kristiansen as wing backs and the pace we have going forward might be quite effective at this level.

Unfortunately it doesn't fit the long term vision of 'play like man city' that the club have worked so hard on defining.

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

You people are completely off your head if you think he signs a 1 year deal. Why would he? 

Where is the precedent for a out of contract 31 year old coming off a brilliant season where he was one of the best players in the league  in his position and stayed completely injury free signing a 1 year deal?

Would he sign a 2 year deal? I don't know, maybe, maybe not, it depends on his agent and what other offers he had on the table but you are essentially having a meltdown over an extra year in his contract that he might not have signed and you can sure as shit  know the same people would have been moaning about rudkin if he left on a free.

Don't count me in that, I think it was madness to offer him any deal. 3 years is beyond the pale. Stupidity rules supreme at KPHQ

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sm1 said:

Only watched the 2nd half, but it was evident that Denmark played with 3 CBs, with Vesty on the left and VK ahead of him. They also defended quite deep, so lack of pace wasn't going to be an issue.

1st and 2nd was like day and night. Denmark withdrew after 2-0 but up until the second goal played aggressive high gegenpres football totals dominating Norway. Changed 4 players and formation a bit into the second half as well.

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Shane said:

Vestergaard and Faes are a good fit for Coopers low block system.

He made some good tackles / blocks tonight – but I still think Faes follows the ball too quickly, there's very little discipline there. There were a couple of moments at the start of the second half before our goal where space would open up because he'd go after the ball unnecessarily. They got a couple of shots off from it.

Said in the match thread he's like a dog in the park.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 1

He was impressive. You can see what he brings to the team, multiple times his ability to recieve the ball under pressure and get out of it opened up the game ahead of him. I feel like Ndidi at times let him down here, though Wilf wasn't too bad overall. Needless to say when Jannik combines with Winks, the team looks totally different and able to play through pressure.

Last season Spurs ranked 1st for high turnovers, pressures and forcing mistakes. And then they signed Solanke who was the number one player in the league in terms of those stats for a striker. And despite that, it didn't phase Vestergaard.

I expect we will still get rinsed by the title challengers, but this was a very encouraging display from him and defensively from the team.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

His redemption really is something, from the punchline to the joke to the best centre half at the club in a year is quite impressive.

Play him in a lower block and he will do just fine for us this year, yes he will make the odd mistake and give the ball away, yes the best strikers in the league might be too pacy for him but that won't determine if we stay up. If he can deal with the likes of Solanke, Calvert Lewin, Wood etc and his ability to play from the back in tight areas is something we really need, game really changed when he managed to get the ball into the feet of Winks & Buonanotte

• Like 4