Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

44 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

If Cardiff had scored that 1v1 the conversation on here would be very different. He's simply not a very good defender.

It reminds me of that run of clean sheets before Christmas last year, people were suddenly saying that Ward was a decent keeper and that Faes was better than Fofana. Then the other side of Christmas comes, the opposition start taking their chances and people see the reality that the defensive performances were not good enough.

HMS piss the league needs someone to steer the ship and Yannik is that man.

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I mean, he's not going to be dribbling the ball out into the attacking half though? Wout is so high because he's reckless af, but generally your CBs should be down at the bottom of those rankings

Shouldn't they be near the top ( progressive passes) because, generally speaking, the play and the passing options are usually in front of them?

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

Shouldn't they be near the top ( progressive passes) because, generally speaking, the play and the passing options are usually in front of them?

Carries, not passes, is the stat highlighted, so that's bringing the ball forward by yourself, not playing a forward pass

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

would love to see them I'm not doubting you but I've watched all the games and every time he has tried to make a pass through the lines it doesn't come off.. but maybe I am blinkered.

This is the only long pass (over 30 yards) that I could find. 12% higher completion on longer passes for Wout although Vester has attempted 4 more.

image.png.8f246caf3ccd21a722d3cd2d6d7a77ff.png

And just like that the subtle jabs about you ignoring evidence disappear.

• Like 1

He's doing more than fine. If Coady is not fit he starts and may even start when he is fit because of his ball control. Coady will over some pace. 

Best of the 3 today. I though Faes had little to do with all the play down the right and Doyle struggled against Onyedinema allowing balls to be whipping in all game from Rotherhams right, more often than not Yannik has some involvement in dealing with the danger.  

Doesn’t even jump for the ball for their goal, even if it still sails over him it could potentially put the striker off or shield the ball from his view but no stays planted allowing a some what free header, then walks off like it’s someone else’s fault 

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Doesn’t even jump for the ball for their goal, even if it still sails over him it could potentially put the striker off or shield the ball from his view but no stays planted allowing a some what free header, then walks off like it’s someone else’s fault 

It was Doyle’s man, but go on let an agenda get in the way of things 

• Like 3

Just now, Danno said:

It was Doyle’s man, but go on let an agenda get in the way of things 

Both at fault. If Vestergaard can't head those away of affect the situation with his height, what is the point of playing him? Genuinely would be better off playing a midfielder there if all you want is somebody who can pass.

Did some good things today and one of his better games but was decent at best, which says it all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Peope digging out Vestergaard for the goal, no chance his getting up to head it. 

lol

It down to Doyle who lose his man. 

Haters got to hate.

Easy chance of getting up to head it if he had a clue how to judge the flight of the ball. But you are right, from his awful position he had no chance. 

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

I thought that at first too, especially as Gerry Taggart was giving him pelters for it. But if you watch it back it’s not his fault for the goal. 

He’s been ok for us this season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BillyFOX12 said:

I'm one of his biggest critics but he has been decent, I feel like people are just jumping on him for the sake of it.

How the **** do you suggest anyone jumps on him? Off a diving board? 

• Haha 2