Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

tbf after seeing more replays of the Rotherham goal, fair to say both Vestergaard and Doyle where at fault, 

surprised Vestergaard didnt jump at all when the cross came in and doyle was slightly asleep to the rotherham player at the back, one of them things i guess

hes doing alright but personally I'd still rather get rid and try and get someone else in but in around 3/4 weeks Coady well be in and around the squad again

1 hour ago, Danno said:

It was Doyle’s man, but go on let an agenda get in the way of things 

I’m on about letting the ball sail over him and making no effort to affect play, him jumping could have put off the striker that was on Doyle 

Put it this way if Ward stood still as a ball sailed over him what would be said on here, whether he could reach it or not 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

dont think its so much hate today, more annoyance in the fact it looked like he could have stopped that cross that lead to the Rotherham goal

I’m guessing Doyle claimed it and just missed it, he seemed fine winning other headers, very weird 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danno said:

I’m guessing Doyle claimed it and just missed it, he seemed fine winning other headers, very weird 

Could have easily been miscommunication between Hermansen, Doyle and Vester too tbf. dont get me wrong hes doing alright for us atm and thats all you can ask really,

Im not going to call him black and blue, personally i think we should get rid and get someone in with a bit more pace, but if he doesnt go thats fine, 

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Hmm, not sure now. Just watched the replay (i had a terrible stream today) and the flight of the ball is really weird on this one and comes down really steep (it almost feels like the cross is miss hit). Hard to get a screen grab but the crappy yellow arrow is pointing at where the ball was. Vesty isn't getting that. It was Doyles to deal with.

Edit - replay of goal here - https://youtu.be/s9Rb1C9cFCE?t=342 . Maybe its just a trick of angles but it looks high.

image.png.6330abe42ef1543e6f0727a69cd24254.png  

My gut feel at the time is that this was Doyle's job to deal with. 

Vestergaard was tight with his man. Had the cross been lower, he'd hindered his man's run and jump

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Think Souttar should be playing ahead of him, but apart from his natural weaknesses, his decision making isn’t atrocious and he’s done okay.

Your name is almost the English translation of Vestergaard.

That gives me a weird sense of satisfaction.

• Haha 1

btw, can we please drop this 'Vesty'' monicker that keeps cropping up?

I now that Vestergaard is a  bit of a mouthful, but Vesty seems like a term of endearment, an affectionate nickname that is ill deserved and it makes me cringe a little bit.  What;s wrong with "that useless big lump"?

Edited by murphy

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

I now that Vestergaard is a  bit of a mouthful, but Vesty seems like a term of endearment, an affectionate nickname that is ill deserved and it makes me cringe a little bit.  What;s wrong with "that useless big lump"?

Sorry, you great big bald twunt :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eblair said:

Bloke doesn’t jump, been same since he arrived. Shit enough trait on own but also caused Doyle to be confused as a supposed athlete looked like he was on quick sand

The pic above literally shows the ball at around 14ft above his head. Are you expecting him to take to the pitch with a pole vault? 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

Calm down its just less to type!

25 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Hmm, not sure now. Just watched the replay (i had a terrible stream today) and the flight of the ball is really weird on this one and comes down really steep (it almost feels like the cross is miss hit). Hard to get a screen grab but the crappy yellow arrow is pointing at where the ball was. Vesty isn't getting that. It was Doyles to deal with.

Edit - replay of goal here - https://youtu.be/s9Rb1C9cFCE?t=342 . Maybe its just a trick of angles but it looks high.

Foxes hub replay made it look like vestergaard could have dealt with it, but with him marking his man and the ball being far too high it wasn’t his fault. Doyle is the one that needs to react better 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

I don't get it- all the negative remarks. Sorry. 

Vesteguard never fitted into Brendon's system of playing. Was put out in the cold because of it. He has sat on his arse for a season and a half through no fault of his own. Now he has come in and played in a back 3/4 that has helped us make the best start in our entire history. Good on him!

I'm not a huge fan of his. I thought he'd move on. I hope he has a good season this year and then moves on at the end of it when hopefully we can get some Premiership quality CBs in to play with Faes. Perhaps we will be able to make Doyle permanent. 

Edited by Product of 84
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

No, it's a trick of the angle in the initial stream, it drops very very steeply so it does look initially that Vestegaard could have headed it away because it is at head height like a foot behind him, but in fairness all he could actually do from that flat on angle is potentially jump to distract the striker which potentially just distracts Doyle instead.

• Like 2