Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

It's took me ages to work out his strength but I feel it's some how getting his telescopic legs though to the ball when challenging at ground level.

He went up against some units against Rotherham where I expected him to be fail but he some how bludgened himself through people getting the ball. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Cos he cos us 17million, he’s on 75k a week and he had his first ever decent game… against Rotherham 

The 17 mill & 75 k are Leicesters fault !! You can't blame him for us throwing the cash around.

No player says "no no, I'm not worth that "

PS.  That wasn't his first decent game !!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Cos he cos us 17million, he’s on 75k a week and he had his first ever decent game… against Rotherham 

He had a very good game on his debut V Man City, but you have clearly chosen to ignore than one.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

....People who still are moaning about his level of performance are people who watched how bloody useless he was 2 years ago and are unable to change their mind, despite what's in front of their eyes. Against most centre forwards at this level he will be more than good enough, and not sure it's a given that Coady walks in personally.

Actually, that is unfair.  I thought he was bloody useless when he played for Southampton and haven't changed my mind.

Edited by murphy
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

The 17 mill & 75 k are Leicesters fault !! You can't blame him for us throwing the cash around.

I think some people are not taking into account the relegation clause wage restructuring. No way he’s on 75k a week and Ndidi 80k it’s way off the mark. All clubs have a substantial wage reduction clause for whatever league they are relegated from. If a player and/ or his agent doesn’t agree to this then it shows a lack of belief in their own ability.

2 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

I think some people are not taking into account the relegation clause wage restructuring. No way he’s on 75k a week and Ndidi 80k it’s way off the mark. All clubs have a substantial wage reduction clause for whatever league they are relegated from. If a player and/ or his agent doesn’t agree to this then it shows a lack of belief in their own ability.

Even if there has been wage restructuring, most of our players are still on massive wages (for the Championship). I've absolutely no doubt that this squad, as it stands, is the highest earning squad ever seen in the English second tier, and by a comfortable margin too.

I think Relegation wage clauses were 30%-40%.  It’ll be interesting to see if he is offered a contract at the end of the season.   

as soon as Coady is fit, Vesty will be back out the side so will be cover and that’s the best he can hope for no matter what division we are in next season. 

8 hours ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Yet another solid performance from our most consistent centre half of the season.

Anyone blaming him for the goal have literally never played centre half/football before. He forces his man who is the main danger under the ball so he can't score, it's Doyle who was completely flat footed and switched off to allow his man to get on the inside of him and then beat him in the air despite having a decent height advantage.

Again he was tidy on the ball, won more headers than usual today even clearing a few set plays which we had looked vulnerable in with these sort of sides. 

People who still are moaning about his level of performance are people who watched how bloody useless he was 2 years ago and are unable to change their mind, despite what's in front of their eyes. Against most centre forwards at this level he will be more than good enough, and not sure it's a given that Coady walks in personally.

As it seems you were a centre half you will know that art of having play from wide allows you to get the forward.under the ball but the better centre halves judge when to take 2 steps back to meet thd flight. Doyle now has no time to react.

8 hours ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Yet another solid performance from our most consistent centre half of the season.

Anyone blaming him for the goal have literally never played centre half/football before. He forces his man who is the main danger under the ball so he can't score, it's Doyle who was completely flat footed and switched off to allow his man to get on the inside of him and then beat him in the air despite having a decent height advantage.

Again he was tidy on the ball, won more headers than usual today even clearing a few set plays which we had looked vulnerable in with these sort of sides. 

People who still are moaning about his level of performance are people who watched how bloody useless he was 2 years ago and are unable to change their mind, despite what's in front of their eyes. Against most centre forwards at this level he will be more than good enough, and not sure it's a given that Coady walks in personally.

I used my eyes in the other league games this season in which he was poor at best, so no idea what you’re talking about there.

He was decent against Rotherham, so credit where it’s due, but apologies if that’s not enough to win me over following an absolutely dire previous two years.

He wasn’t at fault for the goal today, either, you are right there.

1 minute ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

Coady comes straight back in. He’ll be the main man and captain. Enzo built the team around Coady, Winks and Ricardo.

But, its nice to know that there is no need to rush Coady, and if there are any after effects of his Injury we won't be pushing him into lots of games too soon. Furthermore, there is going to be an injury to either Coady or Faes at some point. 

When we have a decent run of games with a player in the team who isn’t very good there is a danger in thinking he’s better than we thought. It happened with Amartey last season. 

He’s got a long way to go before I start thinking he’s decent but, while he’s in the team and not costing us points, I’m happy to give him some leeway. This isn’t the time to criticise him especially after maybe his best performance ever for us.

At some point I still strongly suspect we’ll need better and I hope Coady is the man. What’s for definite is that Jannik’s ceiling isn’t that high so if we do progress in the right way his time will ultimately be limited 

10 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Completely agree it’s not his fault I never said that. Doesn’t mean I have to rate him as a footballer tho, was just explaining why some are ‘triggered’ by him. 

I’m sure Danny Ward would have a few decent games in the championship

2 hours ago, Kuredufox said:

As it seems you were a centre half you will know that art of having play from wide allows you to get the forward.under the ball but the better centre halves judge when to take 2 steps back to meet thd flight. Doyle now has no time to react.

His first job once it sees the ball being delivered from wide is to get tight to the centre forward, which he does. Even if during the flight he dropped back and jumped it is questionable whether he would have got there, which if he had done and missed would have caused even more confusion.

Doyle has a clear view of the flight of the ball, his body shape is all wrong, if he opens up his shoulders he can see both the runner and the ball coming in and deal with it effectively, which considering he is a centre half himself he really should be doing. For reference for all his attacking limitations how often did you see Danny Simpson get beat at the back post, hardly ever because his positioning tucked inside close to his centre halves was very good.

• Like 1