Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

Just now, CrazyKopCorner said:

Giving Vestergaard credit for celebrating goals but be an all time low for our standards. He’s a complete and utter weak link. People still arguing the toss can bore off

Love a decent well constructed debate with a reasonable and articulate fan of our club 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, seenitall said:

He only played 10 times for us in the league - have you mixed him up with someone else?

no but you must have.

He's not had a couple of bad games he's had many... and you discount cup games as if they somehow don't indicate if someone is a bad player or not lol In total, he's played about 30 times for us. You've  got Selective memory, chap!  .:thumbup:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Just checking stats and he is 15 wins, 4 draws and 7 defeats in his games for us - still who needs facts?

lol see above post.

You make it sounds like he's responsible for the wins. He's been truly awful time and time again

1 minute ago, seenitall said:

Love a decent well constructed debate with a reasonable and articulate fan of our club 

It is bl@@dy dull as both sides to the debate are entrenched. People even blaming him for the goal on Saturday when it looked to Doyle missing his header illustrates how people are looking to blame him for any misdemeanour 

17 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

It is bl@@dy dull as both sides to the debate are entrenched. People even blaming him for the goal on Saturday when it looked to Doyle missing his header illustrates how people are looking to blame him for any misdemeanour 

he's actually played better this season than at any time previously, but he's still made mistakes and its fairly obvious that he's only in the side because Coady is out injured - there's no way he gets in ahead of Faes and Doyle, who is young and still learning , wouldn't have been allowed to come here to be a bit part players after doing so well for Coventry last year.. In short, despite his improvement, he's still the weak link in the chain.

Jannik Vestergaard reveals Leicester City 'shock' and Enzo Maresca verdict

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jannik-vestergaard-reveals-leicester-city-8713682

Jannik Vestergaard admits he did not expect to still be a Leicester City player this season - but is relishing his unexpected resurgence under new boss Enzo Maresca.

Vestergaard was frozen out by previous manager Brendan Rodgers and looked certain to leave the club. However, the Denmark defender has started all four Championship matches so far this season after being brought back into the first-team fold by Maresca.

Leicester have won all four of those fixtures to go top of the table as they look to secure an immediate return to the Premier League following the shock of relegation last term. Vestergaard - in the final year of his current contract - is keen to make the most of this second chance as he eyes an international recall.

In an interview with Danish outlet Ekstra Bladet, Vestergaard said: "Our new manager (Maresca) has a positive style of play with much more possession and it suits my abilities as a distributor from the back. He has a clear philosophy, and much more work is now being done with tactics, which is one of my strengths.

"I feel completely back at my level from our European Championships semi-final at Wembley - or our victory over France in Paris a year ago. My appetite for football is huge, and it is very satisfying to feel that the game is going so well."

Vestergaard was not in the Denmark squad named this week - Leicester team-mate Mads Hermansen has been included. But he has surely taken a step in the right direction in recent weeks.

"I honestly didn't think a few months ago that I would be at Leicester now," the 31-year-old centre-back admitted. "It was a shock for the club to be relegated and the most important thing is to get back into the Premier League straight away, so we have to play positive football to win all the time and that's a perfect style of play for me.

"Right now the most important thing for me is to play football again, and with full playing time in the matches, everything quickly clicked into place for me on the pitch, so I feel back in top form."

While out of favour at City, Vestergaard turned down a move to Fulham, and later rejected loan interest from Monaco and Hertha Berlin. He revealed that this was due to his partner being heavily pregnant with the couple's second child at the time.

As for what lies ahead, the former Southampton man said: "I see my future in a top five league, where I have always played, because I have big sporting ambitions. I am in my prime as a player, have an enormous hunger to play and show my best - and honestly feel as good as I have ever been."

• Like 1

Not a bad performance from him today.

A couple of important tackles when they were breaking, comfortable in possession/passing and even seemed a bit readier to get into physical challenges on the ground and in the air.

We still look very vulnerable to pace on the break, though - not only Jannick, our whole back line looked slow and vulnerable when Hull broke. Maybe that's contributing to the excess caution of some of our passing in possession?

• 2 weeks later...