Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

Credit where due, he had a very good game and if you're going to be fair, had he made Doyle's mistake tonight we'd have slaughtered him.

Clear and obvious that playing a higher line will expose him more but it's given the manager a nice headache going forward. I still think he'll bring Coady back in but there's every chance that it's at Faes/Justin's expense rather than Big Jan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

Credit where due, he had a very good game and if you're going to be fair, had he made Doyle's mistake tonight we'd have slaughtered him.

Clear and obvious that playing a higher line will expose him more but it's given the manager a nice headache going forward. I still think he'll bring Coady back in but there's every chance that it's at Faes/Justin's expense rather than Big Jan.

I’d be bringing Coady in for Doyle tbh. Not sure why Vesty should be dropped he’s been our best defender this season. 

• Like 1

Full credit to him, he played really well. I don't think we can play him and Coady at the same time, as that backline will just be far too slow. Means both can rotate though, given the rapid fire run of games we have on the horizon.

Big Jan's spot to lose now. Coady probably shouldn't come straight back in, which I did not think I'd be saying at all.

30 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

Could he be our new Huth , controversial I know but I saw a few similarities yesterday with the was he used build to control Southampton. 
Either way I’m just glad he looks like he’s enjoying himself and getting some form. 

He's nothing like Huth. Huth was a big, bruising, no nonsense defender, who would prefer to lump it into row z!

The turnaround is due to the system we’re using. This system plays to his strengths, whereas Rodgers system (and Hassenhutl at Southampton) didn’t. Pace behind isn’t just an issue for him, it’s an obvious weakness in the way we play, but us pushing high is also why we’ll win lots of games. Swings and roundabouts. 

I can think of lots of similar examples. Maguire was great for us, he’s good for England. Appalling at Man United. 

Akanji considered a bomb scare at Dortmund, won the treble with Pep. 

John Stones always decent but when used as an inverted fullback became a revelation. 

Robert Huth surplus to requirements at Stoke, wins the title with Leicester. 

Thus far this season he’s been decent, last game he was class. Got to give credit where it’s due! 

• Like 3

Thought he was by far and away one of the best players on the pitch. And he can smile! Lovely to see him enjoying his football again. Coady doesn't walk straight back into this team, but we have a lot of games to play so no hurry for 1 to be nailed on each week.

If he keeps this up we might be able to get a few quid for him in January.