Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

Unfortunately I think he’s too far gone for people on here to give him credit. Even i’m struggling, he was brought as a Premier League defender so its hard to give him too much credit performing acceptably in the league below. 

However that being said I hope he keeps it up and contributes towards us getting back to where we should be. 

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

At 20yrs of age I wouldn't expect any more. I wonder what Baresi and VanDyke et al were like at that age. Like all of the new young talents we've acquired, they're on a very steep learning curve both in a competitive division and a with a manager like Maresca.  

One season with us and actually playing will go a long way to determining whether he and others are working keeping, buying or selling. 

I agree but you can’t coach pace, you can either shift or not. 

15 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I agree but you can’t coach pace, you can either shift or not. 

Pace isn't everything in a centre half, Evans never had any, neither did Terry or Vidic or even VanDyke now. What they did have or have got now is vision, positioning and reading of the game in front of them. That isn't necessarily inate and is learned along the way through experience together with other skills. If Doyle at 20yrs old had the complete package he wouldn't be here in the first place, he'd be playing for Manchester City! There are a lot worse experienced players in the Championship than this kid is already. Centre halves don't have to be racing snakes it's nice but a media hyped myth also.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I don’t agree because it’s nonsense. You think he’s more culpable than Faes, Vardy, KDH, Ndidi etc, all still playing and all totally failed in our relegation and contributed more because they were actually chosen to play. 

Yes it is nonsense but you are having an argument with the voices in your own head because i never said any of that.

6 hours ago, Royston. said:

It's a fine line with Vestergaard, he can look competent but is so slow it's like having only one leg.

Thankfully Southampton were so toss they didn't exploit it.

At fault for the goal yet again, not up to premiership standards not up to the championship standards get rid, at times in this game you would have thought he was in red and white. One of the poorest players we have ever signed.

8 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

At fault for the goal yet again, not up to premiership standards not up to the championship standards get rid, at times in this game you would have thought he was in red and white. One of the poorest players we have ever signed.

I can’t tell if this is serious or a wind up. Before I start , exactly who do you think is responsible for their goal?

Fair play to Jannik, I was dreading him being targeted and a combination of him playing well and Southampton just being below average meant he looked comfortable and quite combative for a change.

I wouldn’t want to see him play in the PL for us but if he plays a part in us getting promoted, I’m here for it.

5 hours ago, murphy said:

He contributed to our demise as he was wholly incapable of doing the job for which he was signed.   

All I said was that this is not a Vestergaard rennaissance this is Vestergaard finding his level.  I refuse to jump on the Vestergaard revival bandwagon because the damage has already been done.  He has already let us down by being unfit for purpose in The Premier League.

You don't have to agree.

Is that his fault? Or the manager at the time?

I am glad I am a. Old git…though I haven’t changed sport wise ( has a supporter) since I was a young Git.

BUT

The slating from Foxes modern fans,over various players I just don’t get…

If you young uns,think it’s OK every week to go out bashing your own players as a past time..Its beyond me..!!  Knee-jerk reactions,heat of the moment,even having the opinion someone is not the quality we expect,or would like…I understand all that.

BUT..

Everyday,every week!!    where is the balanced attitude & opinions,keep the Forum and banter on an even Kiel.

We have a new team,manager Tactics & set up,with that obvious twists,where Enzo also will use his right,to tweak the team and squad,here and there…

BUT

deliberately following your own team & players,and only go out and to worship OTT

analyse of players mistakes and errors,without respite somehow in my mind it’s sick ..

Doyle ,he’s only 20, Learning his trade ditto for our Academy lads needing time to find their way…Somebody said „we thought we bought a Premier league player”

If he was the finished perfect article,he would still be at Man.city..

Its an exciting time…what’s gone is gone,many of you sound like the L‘pool,Forest fans who whined week in week out what they used to be..

The slate has been wiped clean ( playing & coaching staff) give them some air,show patience, embrace that supporter character of giving encouragement to those wearing the badge,in a New system.

Its bloody depressing reading the wanna be Pundits,on what we could do better every week..8 games into the season,Enzo said & more like a promise of the truth,we will have Team & individuals making errors,learning the system,including himself.

I reckon that with our situation ,position,and performances,we should be more than happy,knowing what we have to do,where we can move forward is far from finished aspirations..Quit this for me benal repetative, it’s ok but !  Attitude. Now is the time for errors & mistakes we are rebuilding…What’s nice we are scoring and more often than not taking the points with some respectfull correct plaudits..

BUT

The forum is falling into the trap of chasing its own arse,trying to prove as a collective what great pundits we all are…often forgetting how to be occasionally just the simple take it has it comes Fan. With this start and often decent movement,we are seeing more positives than negatives,more than most fans expected..

The tactics topic is good banter,let the topics on individuals be a bit more loose,and allow them some space,allow them the time..:)

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I am glad I am a. Old git…though I haven’t changed sport wise ( has a supporter) since I was a young Git.

BUT

The slating from Foxes modern fans,over various players I just don’t get…

If you young uns,think it’s OK every week to go out bashing your own players as a past time..Its beyond me..!!  Knee-jerk reactions,heat of the moment,even having the opinion someone is not the quality we expect,or would like…I understand all that.

BUT..

Everyday,every week!!    where is the balanced attitude & opinions,keep the Forum and banter on an even Kiel.

We have a new team,manager Tactics & set up,with that obvious twists,where Enzo also will use his right,to tweak the team and squad,here and there…

BUT

deöibetately following your own team & players,and only go out and to worship OTT

analyse of players mistakes and errors,without respite somehow in my mind it’s sick ..

Doyle ,he’s only 20, Learning his trade ditto for our Academy lads needing time to find their way…Somebody said „we thought we bought a Premier league player”

If he was the finished perfect article,he would still be at Man.city..

Its an exciting time…what’s gone is gone,many of you sound like the L‘pool,Forest fans who whined week in week out what they used to be..

The slate has been wiped clean ( playing & coaching staff) give them some air,show patience, embrace that supporter character of giving encouragement to those wearing the badge,in a New system.

Its bloody depressing reading the wanna be Pundits,on what we could do better every week..8 games into the season,Enzo said & more like a promise of the truth,we will have Team & individuals making errors,learning the system,including himself.

I reckon that with our situation ,position,and performances,we should be more than happy,knowing what we have to do,where we can move forward is far from finished aspirations..Quit this for me benal repetative, it’s ok but !  Attitude. Now is the time for errors & mistakes we are rebuilding…What’s nice we are scoring and more often than not taking the points with some respectfull correct plaudits..

BUT

The forum is falling into the trap of chasing its own arse,trying to prove as a collective what great pundits we all are…often forgetting how to be occasionally just the simple take it has it comes Fan. With this start and often decent movement,we are seeing more positives than negatives,more than most fans expected..

The tactics topic is good banter,let the topics on individuals be a bit more loose,and allow them some space,allow them the time..:)

It's not just the young 'uns.

4 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

It's not just the young 'uns.

I know…some keep a life long habit,but the cart Blanche blogs,forums,social media allows all to rid themselves of years of pent up feelings & frustrations,and turn them onto their pastimes-relief. It’s just believe in modern times we lean more to the morose & negatives and of worshipping

What we have created  in modern times is a great spread. of. Blame-idols..

Usually around all sports,we even believe why not value the various trophies & grade them in various achievement values..

IMO Man.City winning the CL,

is not any higher than Torquay winning the Carabao-cup.

or Spurs winning anything at all please…!! :D

• Like 1

Come on folks there is a big difference from slating players on a forum to not supporting them in the stadium. I’m ok with the former as long as it’s balanced, but never like it to over spill to the latter. 

Let’s face it. Vestergaard was desperately poor in the Premier League. He put himself in a position where he’d be a candidate for our worst ever signing: given our desperate need for a CB, the way his signing managed to hamstrung us in the market and his overall cost v output. 

A series of better performances are not going to redeem him overnight - it will take time. I remember Amartey being praised during a brief run of better performances last season before he reverted to type. So we need to be careful before declaring him the next messiah. 

It’s great he’s finally contributing. His performances, at a lower level, have been steady and the CB place is now his to lose. I wouldn’t be rushing Coady back unless his inclusion becomes an obvious need. 

Well done Jannik! You’re proving so many people wrong; but it will be a while before some of us are convinced he’ll be an important part of our first choice team in the long term. That’s “if” we do manage a swift return the the Premier League and/or continue to progress forward 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

Say what you want about him, but I honestly think he's been our most consistent player thus far this season.

Some just don’t like seeing such stats,their brain can’t cope,they are so determined to create a fall-guy…

one of the most pathetic statements/observations then generalising,that somehow there is a missing link type of top CB that has pace…That from nowhere suddenly CBs must have that natural talent of pace…Comical-dimension they must live in..

In days gone by ,and as now, CBs talent was seemingly having time on ball,an eye for movement ,defending or front foot,and ability predicting space to be covered…

Beckenbauer,B.Moore,Puyol, Cabrini,Tresor,Blanc, Maldini,Hierro..Nesta( had a bit of pace)..

This type of statement equals the total nonsense of KDH,one footed player,

which has been ground down,with Posters correctly mentioning how many W.class one footed players,have  pleid their trade since football began..

Fitting doggedly certain skillsets to players or positions, and stubbornly incorrectly  boxing them , where relevance has no precedence to a must skill-characteristic .

But some FT Poster still insist „this or that is a must“  for certain positions.and will argue that point to its death…

• Like 1