Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

Did I see it flash up that he's on 4 yellows now? 1 more for a suspension. 

Solid again tonight. He's been great.

Hey, he’ll need to rotate out and get some rest eventually, he might as well get some value for it. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As a city fan there are a lot of things that you never thought you'd find yourself saying. Ridiculous things like Premier League Champions. 

I'm having to add 'Vestergaard has played well' to that list. 

I'm not sure what Enzo has put in his tea but, full credit to both of them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

As a city fan there are a lot of things that you never thought you'd find yourself saying. Ridiculous things like Premier League Champions. 

I'm having to add 'Vestergaard has played well' to that list. 

I'm not sure what Enzo has put in his tea but, full credit to both of them. 

Hate to say it but I think he just wasn't as sh1t as we thought! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Suits this division well.

Whilst I don’t want to be “that guy”, I’m all for Jannik playing a part in our current success BUT I still would not want him to sign a new deal in the Prem.

I’ve been quite surprised how either we’re defending so much better as a team or why other teams haven’t done what Cov did and target Jannik with a striker with a bit of pace?

Norwich whilst set up cutely and Southampton with all their possession barely made many clear cut opportunities.

• Like 1

Been really, really great the last two games but suggestions he’s been “superb all season” as I’ve seen in the post-match thread are way off. 

But fair play to him for doing a steady job after his experience with Rodgers. Almost like man management is a thing, isn’t it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Was mystified why he got booked, anyone see what he did? Also amongst the new rulings if a player waves an imaginary card at the Ref that is a booking offence but the Norwich Sub Hwang Ui-Jo did it in full view but didn’t get a card…:dunno:

It looked like he was potentially set up to take the goal kick but then moved away to let Hermansen take it… So I guess it was for time wasting which was a bit ridiculous 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Credit where credits due, thought he was an absolute rock tonight. Won about every aerial challenge he faced, where has this Vestergaard been? 

The same place everyone else was, playing for Brendan Rodgers, who use to do things like... ask him to man mark Harry Kane and push up with as far as into the spurs half, and then wonder why he'd be out of position after a quick one two. 

11 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Was mystified why he got booked, anyone see what he did? Also amongst the new rulings if a player waves an imaginary card at the Ref that is a booking offence but the Norwich Sub Hwang Ui-Jo did it in full view but didn’t get a card…:dunno:

He did get a card, or so comms said 

• Thanks 1

Couple of hairy moments in a 5 minute spell in the first half but aside from that was good for the second game in a row.

Being back at home where we need to make the running will be another good barometer.  Vestergaard has benefitted in the last couple of fixtures by the team shape looking more secure against transition attacks, and the fact we've started to keep the ball a bit better.  Pacy attackers were also well shackled by individuals (Justin v Sulemana, Hamza v Rowe).

I'll be happy to eat a slice of humble pie if he maintains this level.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Just checked on the BBC footy site and he didn’t book the Norwich chap.. 

1 minute ago, NewquayFox said:

Just checked on the BBC footy site and he didn’t book the Norwich chap… 

Well sky showed he’d been booked on screen - they even commented on it as being for ‘showing a yellow’ to the ref 

strange  

• Like 1

He was excellent last night. This system absolutely shines when the players are confident and happy with the ball. The spine of him, Mads and Winks being totally comfortable with receiving the ball in tight spaces is crucial . I hope Coady is as good on the ball, because we're now seeing why that ball playing middle CB is so important