Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

On 22/09/2023 at 22:04, Chelmofox said:

He's had more than 3 good games. He has been a fundamental part of reshaping the system from the very start of the season. 

The priority needs to be stopping players leave on a free (goes for Nacho and Ndidi too). If they don't sign new deals, then we need to look to offload in January.  We won't be getting much with only a few months left, but it's better than nothing. 

We shouldnt be letting anyone go who is playing a part in our season in January in my opinion, dont rock the boat.

Likewise offloading squad players not getting game time, the priority should be getting them out even if it means we dont get what we value them at.  I think one of the reasons the wage bill got so out of control is the clubs inability to loan out fringe players because they also want the loan move to be profitable or a sale to meet their valuation.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2023 at 21:18, SemperEadem said:

Two years tomorrow since he stormed off down the tunnel at full time against Legia. Not lost my head at a player that much ever.

Legia away was two years ago yesterday? Well worth it, but what a faff of a trip that was with Covid testing, ticket collections, trying to actually get back into Warsaw after the match.. 

• Like 2

I think he has been an average of 7.5 this season. He really has been a revelation proves the way he was played previously was not to his strengths. 

yes iknow it’s only the championship but not many on here gave him a prayer of being good regardless of what league we are in. 

A year ago I’d be joking that we’re going to appeal his one match ban….and request it’s made a 4 match ban instead but as things stand it’s a shame and if Coady steps in and doesn’t make mistakes that could be it for a while, perhaps until some rotation through the Christmas / New year fixtures. That’s presuming he’s behind Faes in the pecking order? 

3 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

A year ago I’d be joking that we’re going to appeal his one match ban….and request it’s made a 4 match ban instead but as things stand it’s a shame and if Coady steps in and doesn’t make mistakes that could be it for a while, perhaps until some rotation through the Christmas / New year fixtures. That’s presuming he’s behind Faes in the pecking order? 

I think he’ll be straight back in regardless of Coady’s performance. Integral to the way we play in possession along with Mads and Winks.

• Like 1