Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Looks class in this system but I probably would too.

That's like saying you could have scored those 91 goals of Messi, had they stuck you on the right for Barcelona in 2012.

Ramos would have snapped you in half the first chance he got

Great defensive performance and won a penalty. The goal we conceded was nothing to do with him and he made a great block.

Can't really ask for more.  :D

Good on him.  He's turned it around.  

As far as passing stats are concerned, I was a bit baffled at Blackburn giving him the space to stand still with his foot on the ball, at times. :dunno:

I suppose they had sussed that pressing us too hard too often would just lead to us passing it around and through and going up the other end and hurting them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dynamark said:

Best player ? you have to be joking.Anyone can stand still put a foot on the ball and mess about with the ball at the back.Hopefully we will find out that Coady is a better all round player

Another one who can’t see past their prejudice of a player. YES he has been one of our best players 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Another one who can’t see past their prejudice of a player. YES he has been one of our best players 

He certainly was today and I've been one of his biggest critics, but credit where credits due.  One of several players who suffered during the tenure of the poison dwarf.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

He certainly was today and I've been one of his biggest critics, but credit where credits due.  One of several players who suffered during the tenure of the poison dwarf.

I do think he would have been found wanting in the PL if that pocket knob had picked him enough to judge, but he shines in this league, and that’s all that matters at the moment

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, murphy said:

It feels like a collective amnesia has descended over foxes talk.  It's almost as if we have forgotten that we are playing at a lower level and forgotten the carnage that Vestergaard left in his wake as a Premier League player.

In his first he was so bad that he became unselectable.  That is why he only payed 11 times in the league.  You cannot blame Rodgers for him being as weak as a kitten despite his being such a huge lump and you cannot blame Rodgers for him being so bafflingly bad in the air (despite being seven foot three) that he appeared to shrink in the challenge.  His lack of pace and mobility we already knew about.

This is not a turnaround it is simply a player finding his level as a decent championship player that is not being particularly tested defensively and playing in a dominant team.  I'm glad that he is contributing at this level and that we finally get something out of him but at the end of the year when his contract expires and if we do go up, Jannick should be dropped like the hottest of hot potatoes.  By all means give him credit for his performances at this level but please don't say he's turned it around as if playing against Rotherham is the same thing as playing against Arsenal.  

Anyway, I'm off to start a new thread:   Danny Ward - was he half decent after all?

We are playing where we are playing. What do you want? Shall we get our pitchforks and signs out and head down the kp? ‘Championship down with that sort of thing’ ‘Yannick - stay in the past stay sh1t’

what do people actually expect! I dread to think about your poor wives 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

We are playing where we are playing. What do you want? Shall we get our pitchforks and signs out and head down the kp? ‘Championship down with that sort of thing’ ‘Yannick - stay in the past stay sh1t’

what do people actually expect! I dread to think about your poor wives 

You missed the bit when I said by all means give him credit at this level then?   lol

I tire of reading that this is a player resurgent because it isn't.  It's simply a player playing at a different level.

4 hours ago, CyprusFox said:

Probably knew that when the poison dwarf inevitably went, he would get the chance he obviously deserved. Hamza also reborn and playing to his full potential. Just shows how far we regressed in the last two years under that twat

Hamza, Vesty, N'Didi.

Just waiting for Ward to show he's an actual goalkeeper. lol