Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

16 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Awful isant it won 8 out of 9 with a plus 12 goal difference playing football in a way that the opposition have to change for us and not us to suit them. Dreadful that Vestergaard and Ndidi playing better then at anytime in last 2 years regardless of what division we are in. Shockingly bad I mean we have won 5 in a row on the road playing the opposition off the pitch. Last 3 away league games scored 10 against 2. Ugly football with lots of goals. Rather have exciting 1-0 losses

Your so right. This season sucks!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

Guys cant argue with the results but it aint pretty is it ,4 and 5 yard passes which must be instigated from Enzo.Blackburn didnt come on to it most of the time today.Can anyone explain why Vesty takes the goal kicks 4 yards to his own keeper on the goal line who then get rushed into passing to a teammate by the corner flag  who then bangs it up the middle to a forward running back and we loose the ball. WTF

Were you the bloke stood next to me moaning all game, not joining in with any chants and then leaving early?

Unreal.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

It feels like a collective amnesia has descended over foxes talk.  It's almost as if we have forgotten that we are playing at a lower level and forgotten the carnage that Vestergaard left in his wake as a Premier League player.

In his first he was so bad that he became unselectable.  That is why he only payed 11 times in the league.  You cannot blame Rodgers for him being as weak as a kitten despite his being such a huge lump and you cannot blame Rodgers for him being so bafflingly bad in the air (despite being seven foot three) that he appeared to shrink in the challenge.  His lack of pace and mobility we already knew about.

This is not a turnaround it is simply a player finding his level as a decent championship player that is not being particularly tested defensively and playing in a dominant team.  I'm glad that he is contributing at this level and that we finally get something out of him but at the end of the year when his contract expires and if we do go up, Jannick should be dropped like the hottest of hot potatoes.  By all means give him credit for his performances at this level but please don't say he's turned it around as if playing against Rotherham is the same thing as playing against Arsenal.  

Anyway, I'm off to start a new thread:   Danny Ward - was he half decent after all?

"decent championship player"? probably the best CB in the league this season

• Like 2

I'm enjoying watching him play but also annoyed that he's been mismanaged for the two or three years prior. 

He'd been set up to fail by Rodgers. Asked to perform an appalling fish out of water routine. And then frozen out by the man who'd persuaded him to join then consequently vilified by supporters. 

Would I have him in the PL? I'm not so sure. But he's waaay overqualified for championship level

• Like 3

Interesting decision for the manager to make next week, Coady will come in for him midweek against Preston. 
Then against Stoke when Vestergaard is available again big call to be made - on Merit Vestergaard and Faes have been excellent and don’t deserve to be dropped, however a fully fit Coady is amongst the first names on the team sheet for me.

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Interesting decision for the manager to make next week, Coady will come in for him midweek against Preston. 
Then against Stoke when Vestergaard is available again big call to be made - on Merit Vestergaard and Faes have been excellent and don’t deserve to be dropped, however a fully fit Coady is amongst the first names on the team sheet for me.

Isn't JJ the one at risk here? Faes, Vesty and Coady might be the three

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

Guys cant argue with the results but it aint pretty is it ,4 and 5 yard passes which must be instigated from Enzo.Blackburn didnt come on to it most of the time today.Can anyone explain why Vesty takes the goal kicks 4 yards to his own keeper on the goal line who then get rushed into passing to a teammate by the corner flag  who then bangs it up the middle to a forward running back and we loose the ball. WTF

Would you prefer Hermansen to just lump it long and ask Vardy to try to outjump 6ft+ centre backs? 

Not quite sure what your issue is with the way we play. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Viva said:

Strange logic. I thought he was great today. I don’t care about what happened last season if he keeps playing well. 

Supporting Leicester goes beyond logic.   It's a point of view.  It's part of my response to htf did we get relegated with the players we had.

It's fantastic to see us doing so well.   The spirit of the players is fantastic.   We had players of the quality or Barnes and Maddison.  The flipside is players like Ward and Vestergaard were not good enough.   I acknowledge that Maresca is getting good Championship performances out of Vestergaard. 

2 hours ago, dynamark said:

I don’t expect you to understand this from what we’ve seen of your posts today, but for anyone else that was wondering the same thing…

The idea behind a centre back taking a goal kick in that scenario is so the first pass goes centrally. If it’s played by Hermansen wide to a centre back you’re enticing a team that are full-court-pressing you (as Blackburn were from goal kicks) to one side thus closing the angles - where as playing it centrally leaves the pressing team not committing either side. You’re then set with your goalkeeper to play any direction he damn likes - pass short if it’s on, or long to a winger as Mads often does.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dynamark said:

Think you need to ask yourself a few questions... 

- what's your alternative? What's your different tactic to keep possession? 

- do you see the structure and tactics we have? It is high risk but quite clearly high reward considering we're asking teams to accommodate for us, where we have a plan to overcome. 

- how are you not enjoying the ride? Your posts make it seem like we're doing this and constantly making mistakes with it. It seems like you were never ever going to accept that we'll play like this or get some success out of it, and now you've jumped on the one mistake that led to a goal. You'll work yourself up in to such a frenzy about who takes a goal kick it'll just emphasise such a non-issue in your head. 

If you can't see the success in how we've been playing and will only jump on the negatives of it there really isn't point in discussing it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Think you need to ask yourself a few questions... 

- what's your alternative? What's your different tactic to keep possession? 

- do you see the structure and tactics we have? It is high risk but quite clearly high reward considering we're asking teams to accommodate for us, where we have a plan to overcome. 

- how are you not enjoying the ride? Your posts make it seem like we're doing this and constantly making mistakes with it. It seems like you were never ever going to accept that we'll play like this or get some success out of it, and now you've jumped on the one mistake that led to a goal. You'll work yourself up in to such a frenzy about who takes a goal kick it'll just emphasise such a non-issue in your head. 

If you can't see the success in how we've been playing and will only jump on the negatives of it there really isn't point in discussing it. 

Get this man a drink. 

2 hours ago, majaco said:

I recognise Vestergaard is doing well.   While he plays for us, may it continue.

But I look forward to him moving on.   I am upset as a City fan of five decades by what he symbolises to me.   For me,   him and Ward are the playing staff representations of last season's abject failure.   Then there's Rodgers...  Had he gone 3, 4, 5 or 6 games into last season, I would be able to celebrate him achieving the FA Cup (I think I will be able to embrace this if we have a good PL season in the near future).  

Of course,  Rodgers taught Soyuncu a lesson.   Soyuncu is playing for a bigger club for us.  

With Vestergaard, I don't understand how hw isn't being trashed by opposition forwards other than we are Championship instead of Premier League.  

I will root for Vestergaard whenever he plays for us.   I hope to wish him the best when he moves on but I would much rather see Coady or Souttar represent us.

Of course,  I am aware that Vestergaard had limited playing time.  But in the Premier League when he played he was poor. And we spaffed 15 million on him instead of buying a decent cb.   Or a rw.   We could have afforded Lookman...

Players will always flourish in certain styles/formations. 

We are currently playing a style of football that suits Vestergaard down to the ground and plays to his strengths. 

Fair play to Maresca for having the balls to reintegrate him back into the first team. Three months ago not many fans were happy with that decision. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, murphy said:

It feels like a collective amnesia has descended over foxes talk.  It's almost as if we have forgotten that we are playing at a lower level and forgotten the carnage that Vestergaard left in his wake as a Premier League player.

In his first he was so bad that he became unselectable.  That is why he only payed 11 times in the league.  You cannot blame Rodgers for him being as weak as a kitten despite his being such a huge lump and you cannot blame Rodgers for him being so bafflingly bad in the air (despite being seven foot three) that he appeared to shrink in the challenge.  His lack of pace and mobility we already knew about.

This is not a turnaround it is simply a player finding his level as a decent championship player that is not being particularly tested defensively and playing in a dominant team.  I'm glad that he is contributing at this level and that we finally get something out of him but at the end of the year when his contract expires and if we do go up, Jannick should be dropped like the hottest of hot potatoes.  By all means give him credit for his performances at this level but please don't say he's turned it around as if playing against Rotherham is the same thing as playing against Arsenal.  

Anyway, I'm off to start a new thread:   Danny Ward - was he half decent after all?

How’s Glasgow treating you these days, Brendo? Well I hope. 

• Haha 2

Such a strange one with Vestergaard.

I was absolutely against him as posts on here will show. I thought he was still all over the place in the early games this season as well. But, for games in a row, he’s been calm and collected and a key part of what we are doing.

But at the same time, it still feels like we need him out the door in the summer. Is it a case of this is his level or is there a case for him to be kept on? 

The guy is not a good Premier League player but I'll judge him as that if we get promoted. That's a problem for another day. As it is now he's a very good championship player and I'm hapoy about that.