Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

Getting some stick.Can I clarify I am well pleased we are going so well ,Vesty has done well last few games and we have some really exciting players including the keeper.I just would like to see the keeper reduce the risk levels .Sometimes it works but yesterday we gave a lot of ball away and he tried the same short ball on 7,8,9 minutes in and the third one gave them a gift. Lets see if Coady can organise that area with less risk.

I wasnt making a point about the keeper receiving the short goal kick more about the consequence of next 2 passes and then we have to rush play away from the corner flag

Ill be shouting for us on wed and Fri

• Haha 1

Rodger’s signed Vestegaard as a replacement for Fofana, outrageously bad recruitment! He didn’t play in the Premier League last season. He called Rodgers out for his bizarre behaviour, whilst others said everything was fine. The guy has no culpability in our relegation at all, those comparing him to Danny Ward are being ridiculous when you consider what the goalkeeper contributed last season! He’s been 7.5 out of of 10 for the season so far, although I’m not sure he has a long term future here. However, his body language and demeanour has changed already throughout this season, he’s now celebrating every goal and looked to be genuinely upset to be missing Wednesday game when he was booked. I’ll back anyone who is clearly putting in the required effort and playing above average on top of it. I was worried after the first couple of games, but he’s only got better.

• Like 3

Plenty of great players in Leicester’s history have played parts in relegations. From Wellington, Weller and Shilton through Lineker, McAllister and Smith through Izzet, Elliott and Walsh (two relegations each actually).

The idea you want a player dropped who is playing well for us and helping us currently be on course for promotion, because he played a part in relegation last season, is utterly absurd.

I can only assume you’re a younger fan who has never experienced relegation before. It can be a bit shit, sure, but it’s a temporary feeling that will be forgotten about in 2 years time if we get promoted again. 

Vestegaard is currently playing very well, there is absolutely no need to drop him for Coady or Souttar right now when we’re going on as it is. Certainly not for reasons that have nothing to do with his current level of performances.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

Shall we have a poll as to whether should give Vestergaard a new contract?

I certainly would, don't believe for a second that it's just a case of being good enough for this level. Yes we will need to make signings in defence if (when?) we go up, but in certain games, Jannik will be just the man.

Not his fault Bodger's couldn't see that.

• Like 3

On 02/10/2023 at 07:43, Gazza M said:

I think there is a big gulf in class between Prem and Champ as the 3 promoted teams are showing currently. 

Vestergaard is an excellent Championship defender and at the moment that is all we need so happy to embrace his positive performances. 

This type of post loves to hide behind opinions rights throw in negatives turn it to a short term positive

…Just let the season develope. Who ever the players are,leave them their space this season…

I prefer to sit on the fence,and encourage the moment,early average from the pocket stand critic,only encourages posters looking for negatives…

If next season we lost every player….they would still have done their job equal to any of our best seasons. Why people prefer to chase buts…:dunno:   Football any sport is about now…the journey through the moments of a season…

If one brought back any trophy success,then nothing else…that would be that group/individuals/club point of participating in their sport..No use looking & chasing down as a fan,what might be in the future,I support the individual,the team within their sporting season….Others get paid millions to take that worry off supporters,and allow us to enjoy…in our case the growth and evolving of our steps forward.

Starting to tell sportsman their future is already planned out…and they are stamped has incapable cxunts  to take us further…

Brilliant attitude…

It is exactly what a large Bunch on FT were criticising Rodgers for, top for  doing a run of de-motivating, & throwing people under the bus,while or before the fight had begun or was over..

We are top, we are playing top football in the championship,in a season where our end position has not yet been settled or rubber stamped..The PL means fcuk to me at the moment…This is just as a fan..

Has a participant, form or injury, I left my end aspirations in the locker…I looked and concentrated what phases I could control

through the one season. The actual season I was in…Not what I could or couldn’t perceive further to achieve in a zone,I was nowhere near..

Would be fantastic if 4-5 of our players,said …“ fk it, we aren’t good for next season 10k of our 40k fans don’t rate us,I must speak to the coach,he should think about never selecting me, I have no future..!! “

childish ,immature,  Loser mentality from both fan and participant….innit.??

He's been booked in 6/10 Championship games so far, he's not an option if we go up. He can pick a pass, and looked good today especially as Souttar and Choudhury don't seem to have it in them to make any meaningful passes. I hope we end up with Faes and Doyle/Justin either side of Coady eventually.

• Like 3

Very happy to admit I was wrong about him.

His passing is phenomenal.

Obviously he has weaknesses, but in a specific system you can negate those.

I even think he could excel at the level above if you use him in the right way. You’d probably want better players either side of him than Faes/Coady/Souttar but I’m definitely seeing why he was signed now.

Wonder if the club will be offering him a new deal…

30 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

The system and the level just suits his game perfectly. At prem level and another system he’ll be caught out as we saw previous to this season. But right now, he’s just ideal for what we need. 

So your saying finally at the age of 31 he’s found a system and opposition level?

On 02/10/2023 at 08:48, westernpark said:

Rodger’s signed Vestegaard as a replacement for Fofana, outrageously bad recruitment! He didn’t play in the Premier League last season. He called Rodgers out for his bizarre behaviour, whilst others said everything was fine. The guy has no culpability in our relegation at all, those comparing him to Danny Ward are being ridiculous when you consider what the goalkeeper contributed last season! He’s been 7.5 out of of 10 for the season so far, although I’m not sure he has a long term future here. However, his body language and demeanour has changed already throughout this season, he’s now celebrating every goal and looked to be genuinely upset to be missing Wednesday game when he was booked. I’ll back anyone who is clearly putting in the required effort and playing above average on top of it. I was worried after the first couple of games, but he’s only got better.

Credit wear credits due I’ll get my big plate and eat a big fat slice of humble pie, I wanted him gone but the change in his performance has been amazing! 

Think it's a combination of new manager playing to his strengths and being a division  lower.

Let's see how the season progresses but no way should we be spending big on him if we get promoted.  Not adverse to him sticking around but it has to be for the right price. Last thing you want is a remergence of the old vestey and a 3 or 4 year brutal contract.

He is currently doing enough to earn a contract and as someone who despised him i can at least admit it.