Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

When we signed him I was ok with it, thought he was a steady, solid signing, a defender who wants to defend, no nonsense - something that was a bizarre signing and clearly didn't fit in our system of old.

I got fed up with him and his comments admittedly and wanted him to go - he didn't want to be here - but who would under the old regime, especially how he'd been treated inparticularly.

Really happy for him and his redemption.

• Like 2

Just now, Bryn said:

Sorry to be a downer but I've seen nothing that makes me think he can step up to the PL. He's got so, so much time on the ball right now, he won't get it in the Prem.

He's playing brilliantly right now but if we go up we will need defensive reinforcements for sure.

And that's fine.

We all do what we need to do to get promoted. 

Offer him a 2 year contract, heavily dependent on appearances and bonuses.

We're on fire right now, but we're deluded if we think this is a top 10 Premier League team, where we want to be.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Is this our 6'7 CB???

20231007_223137.jpg.ba7a6baffaae858f76238757d561b3bc.jpg

Similar numbers against Preston and Blackburn. Though TBF most of those passes were 5 yarders to Choudhury or Souttar.

His transformation has been incredible. Though I never really got the level of hate against him, he was just an awkward player looking out of place in a Rodgers set up. But along with Ndidi, Choudhury, Nacho and probably Praet too, it's clear there was only ever one person responsible for his poor displays.

Amazing what a better man-manager can do for a player isn't it?

18 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Sorry to be a downer but I've seen nothing that makes me think he can step up to the PL. He's got so, so much time on the ball right now, he won't get it in the Prem.

He's playing brilliantly right now but if we go up we will need defensive reinforcements for sure.

Maybe the fact that he had a reasonable PL and international career pre-Rodgers?

Clearly not a world-beater, but I’m very glad he’s ours right now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

He's been booked in 6/10 Championship games so far, he's not an option if we go up. He can pick a pass, and looked good today especially as Souttar and Choudhury don't seem to have it in them to make any meaningful passes. I hope we end up with Faes and Doyle/Justin either side of Coady eventually.

We'll need to replace him, but Coady has exactly the same weaknesses as he does. He is not the answer

• Like 2

Playing as the Manchester City (Enzo has said this numerous times) of the Championship suits Jannik with so many clubs parking the bus.

Not a single club in the PL would give us anywhere close the same level of respect so Jannik’s flaws would be much more evident.

As I keep saying, appreciate the now and let him go and get a signing on fee somewhere else (if) we do get promoted.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iancognito said:

Similar numbers against Preston and Blackburn. Though TBF most of those passes were 5 yarders to Choudhury or Souttar.

His transformation has been incredible. Though I never really got the level of hate against him, he was just an awkward player looking out of place in a Rodgers set up. But along with Ndidi, Choudhury, Nacho and probably Praet too, it's clear there was only ever one person responsible for his poor displays.

Amazing what a better man-manager can do for a player isn't it?

We shouldn’t underestimate the impact of playing against far inferior opposition. He’s literally playing a league below so he should stand out. 

I’m all for the praise but it needs to be recognised that he is a defender who isn’t really being asked to defend and I would expect that the same deficiencies we saw last season will be apparent next season too. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Playing as the Manchester City (Enzo has said this numerous times) of the Championship suits Jannik with so many clubs parking the bus.

Not a single club in the PL would give us anywhere close the same level of respect so Jannik’s flaws would be much more evident.

As I keep saying, appreciate the now and let him go and get a signing on fee somewhere else (if) we do get promoted.

This is the argument against keeping the entire play style after promotion, the whole team would likely struggle.

But we not in the EPL, we are in the championship.

22 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

This is the argument against keeping the entire play style after promotion, the whole team would likely struggle.

But we not in the EPL, we are in the championship.

I totally agree with focusing on the now and merely challenging what appears a growing theme on here about offering Jannik a new deal based on this season.

However, next season if we get promoted we wouldn’t have a single team park the bus.

Which is when Jannik running back towards his goal would highlight his frailties, watch the Cov game back to see how easily exposed he was as recent evidence is what I’m trying to highlight.

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 1