Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

14 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

People should read the first few pages of this thread where nearly everyone slated him and was worse ever player in a city shirt. Glad he’s shut a lot up

Well the criticism then was probably as fair as the praise now as he did look truly dreadful. 

I'm glad he's proving a useful signing and I'm delighted for him and the club, but it doesn't rewrite history 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Well the criticism then was probably as fair as the praise now as he did look truly dreadful. 

I'm glad he's proving a useful signing and I'm delighted for him and the club, but it doesn't rewrite history 

Was he bad or was he a victim of Rodgers ball. He has a manager now who trusts him and fans have started to trust him. Yes i know we are in a lower league but he’s been quality 

• Like 1

Just now, Lesterlad said:

Was he bad or was he a victim of Rodgers ball. He has a manager now who trusts him and fans have started to trust him. Yes i know we are in a lower league but he’s been quality 

I really don't know. There were certainly quite a few players who looked poor last season under Rodgers who we know aren't poor players. 

Vestergaard, unlike players like Ndidi, didn't have any currency with us fans as there wasn't previous seasons of decent performances to refer back to. You could only use the evidence of the games he played in. 

I don't think many would have reasonably predicted that Vestergaard would become an integral part of our team this season. I know I didn't 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Rodgers dragged down quite a few players last season but he saved his best work for Vesty..  I'm so glad that he is back in Scotland where he can be a big fish in a very small pond.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Rodgers dragged down quite a few players last season but he saved his best work for Vesty..  I'm so glad that he is back in Scotland where he can be a big fish in a very small pond.

He did a pretty conclusive job on Soyuncu too.

• Like 3

Impressive performance. Best so far in my view. Defended well but his composure on the ball is quite another thing. What a new signing we have for this season (we all thought he would be gone).

Certainly who would have thought he would be ahead of Coady and Souttar?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Impressive performance. Best so far in my view. Defended well but his composure on the ball is quite another thing. What a new signing we have for this season (we all thought he would be gone).

Certainly who would have thought he would be ahead of Coady and Souttar?

Nothing at all against Vesty.. I don't send any player through unnecessary Flak.. 

My question over this type of CB... 

When we have those very long winter squalls, and poor cold weather... Who is going to stand tall, hold the fort posts.. 

Feel comfy, when trying to jump high on slippery surfaces...?? 

Vesty could still be our best man, but let's see.. 

I am still very happy he's spit in many a fans eye, too many get too far of themselves in judging player, against club environment at any one time. 

• Like 1

when vesty was publicly blaming Brendan and the weird things he did and said… despite the hate we all had for brendan, very few gave him the benefit of the doubt and considered that Brendan was the problem. 

You’ve got to wonder if Teté might actually be class lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

when vesty was publicly blaming Brendan and the weird things he did and said… despite the hate we all had for brendan, very few gave him the benefit of the doubt and considered that Brendan was the problem. 

You’ve got to wonder if Teté might actually be class lol

Ward?

Hmmm…

Too far? 

• Haha 2

Can we please remember that for all the good performances he’s put in this season he was signed as an established Premier League defender for us and put in some truly horrible performances for us at that level. 

Just because he is playing well against a lesser standard of opposition doesn’t invalidate previous critical opinions. 

If anything right now he’s doing the absolute bare minimum, just as any player who was signed during our Premier League stint that are playing well at this level. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jannik’s best attribute is his passing, let’s be honest if he was more mobile and less gangly you’d be playing him in midfield. 

He’s a benefactor of Enzo ball as much being as he was tarnished by Brendan ball. 

That and we’re that good in this league that we’re not getting exposed as much defensively. In the Prem you’d start to see the cracks in Jannik’s game again I’m sure.

He’s the best defender in this division right now though, so just enjoy him whilst we’re here because he either leaving next summer or struggling a bit more at a higher level.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

Rodgers hardly ever played him , wasn’t he sent  to play in the U23s?