Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

I find the comparisons between Cags and Faes quite lazy.

I tend to forget when Faes was named in the Bundesliga and Premier League Team of the Season.🙈

Cags clearly has(had) his faults but how Rodgers did him dirty is still one of my biggest gripes towards him.

Faes can’t hold a light to him 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jannik-vestergaard-confirms-saudi-arabia-8903865

Vestergaard confirmed he had rejected an offer from an unnamed Saudi club in a new interview with Danish outlet Tipsbladet. He added: "All the decisions I have made in my career have been based on an idea of what was best for me in terms of sports.

"The initial period in Leicester didn't go as I had hoped, but I believe my subsequent club choices have.

"It has always been with football in mind; I have never chosen based on finances, and I won't in the future either. So, I will never take the money and run."

Vestergaard, who joined Leicester from Southampton for £15million in 2021, is in the final year of his current contract. The 31-year-old admits he does not know what the future holds for him just yet.

"I'm just enjoying it like crazy," he said. "I don't think there were many, four months ago, who believed I would be in the situation I am now, so I'm savouring it.

"At some point, something has to happen (regarding his future), but it doesn't bother me.

"I have rediscovered a joy for football. Whether it's related to the fact that, for a period, I almost wasn't allowed to train, I don't know, but it has certainly meant something not being allowed to have that interaction with a football, which I have had since I was very young. It's definitely something I have taken with me."

Fair play to him. I don’t think anyone would believe before the season started that he would be one of main centre backs. Big credit to Enzo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jannik-vestergaard-confirms-saudi-arabia-8903865

Vestergaard confirmed he had rejected an offer from an unnamed Saudi club in a new interview with Danish outlet Tipsbladet. He added: "All the decisions I have made in my career have been based on an idea of what was best for me in terms of sports.

"The initial period in Leicester didn't go as I had hoped, but I believe my subsequent club choices have.

"It has always been with football in mind; I have never chosen based on finances, and I won't in the future either. So, I will never take the money and run."

Vestergaard, who joined Leicester from Southampton for £15million in 2021, is in the final year of his current contract. The 31-year-old admits he does not know what the future holds for him just yet.

"I'm just enjoying it like crazy," he said. "I don't think there were many, four months ago, who believed I would be in the situation I am now, so I'm savouring it.

"At some point, something has to happen (regarding his future), but it doesn't bother me.

"I have rediscovered a joy for football. Whether it's related to the fact that, for a period, I almost wasn't allowed to train, I don't know, but it has certainly meant something not being allowed to have that interaction with a football, which I have had since I was very young. It's definitely something I have taken with me."

Happy for you, Jannik. But next time, can you kindly find a way of expressing your joy that doesn’t involve a no-look back heel in a dangerous area that results in a free kick for the opposition and ultimately costs us the match? Ta everso. 

Edited by ClaphamFox

Vestergard and Wout level is the championship in my opinion. As soon as they came up against Premier League Quality (sort of) in Leeds attackers they reminded me of headless chickens again. Normally they get loads of time on the ball against the poorer championship teams. I do wonder how many of the current squad could do well in the Premier League. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was very good today, though i doubt have an easier game all season against a side who didn't press and against an absolute donkey of a striker in Rajovic. Vestergaard even beat him in a foot race over 30 yards in the first half.

Edited by martyn

I couldn’t make it today so followed the action on the match thread and bbc sports app, you can’t imagine the images conjured up when the live text reported that “Vestergaard caught offside from Mavadidi through ball” lol 

Fair play to him though, treated like shit by the previous manager but has come in and been superb, one of the first names on the team sheet now. 

To be fair to Brendan, based on what we saw in the PL, leaving Vestergaard out wasn’t one of his worst decisions. There weren’t many of us calling for Jannik’s inclusion. 

There are plenty of other completely bizarre calls - like persisting with Ward and Amartey - but Vesty? He still would have a bit to prove if he were to represent us in the Premier League again 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Matt said:

Very diplomatic from Jannik on Radio Leicester. 

Shame really lol 

Good interview tbf.

...Owynn would not let up regarding the Rodgers treatment last few seasons, and he (Jannik) diplomatically stated that he was not going to go there!!!

Journalists come in with a list of questions and continue to plough through them, even if the interviewee has answered them whilst answering his previous question.

I must admit I was shouting for Owynn to move on but the next question related to the same subject, Jannik also dealt with that expertly. The next question did not go much further away from the original topic he said he did not wish to comment on. it was something of a relief to me and no doubt Jannik, when he (Owynn) finally moved on to something else.

You really need to listen more Owynn. He has previously stated things in interviews, he wanted to move on.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.