Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

It's quite easy to sit there and sling sh*t at players choices/lives without walking a mile in their shoes, and you can apply that to anyone in life.

Yes they get paid a fortune for 10 years of their career but that doesn't mean in his case he should leave on the off chance to get more game time, for less money? It's nuts, he put his family first as do a lot of husbands and dads. I'd do exactly the same. He isn't Leicester through and through like all of us, it's easy to forget this. 

• Like 2

It's quite easy to sit there and sling sh*t at players choices/lives without walking a mile in their shoes, and you can apply that to anyone in life.

Yes they get paid a fortune for 10 years of their career but that doesn't mean in his case he should leave on the off chance to get more game time, for less money? It's nuts, he put his family first as do a lot of husbands and dads. I'd do exactly the same. He isn't Leicester through and through like all of us, it's easy to forget this. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Think about it 🤔, it's merely a job. 

Thing is as well - the requirement of the job is to turn up, train and be available for selection. There's no evidence he never did this. Not his fault if the club shouldn't have signed him or if the managers suddenly freezes him out. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I think we can all see now he wasn't the problem.

Only a Manager who failed to get the best out of a lot of players once they figured him out.

It might not be quite as clear cut as that, obviously the standard of opposition has considerably lowered and the style of football has completely changed. 

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, murphy said:

If I put myself into Jannick's size thirteens. I would absolutely look to leave where I knew I wasn't wanted.   It doesn't sit well with me to continue to take a wage after having failed so badly to earn it.  It's parasitic.  Especially when you have other options but choose to sacrifice your career.  Where is the self-respect? 

You are well off the mark on this one. He has every right to do what he thinks is best for his family. We offered him the contract so can’t complain about him honouring it.

9 hours ago, filbertway said:

To be fair the issue wasn't that Rodgers didn't play him. It's that he followed the guy around for 18 months begging him to come to us, when he finally does come for £15 million and 80k a week, Rodgers then decides he's not good enough. 

The more I think about Rodgers time here the more I'm convinced he'd had enough and was just tanking us to get his payout.

I agree it’s mental. Rodgers had final say on all transfers too. Vesty was his man yet he treated him like he did. Crazy shit.

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I agree it’s mental. Rodgers had final say on all transfers too. Vesty was his man yet he treated him like he did. Crazy shit.

I cannot understand how Rodgers would push for a guy, but then rapidly sideline him, it cannot be as if he did not know what he was getting, but I do wonder if he didn’t have the minerals to play the sitting playmaker in the EPL. Who knows, he may have been right, but we hopefully only need  to wait to see if he was correct.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I cannot understand how Rodgers would push for a guy, but then rapidly sideline him, it cannot be as if he did not know what he was getting, but I do wonder if he didn’t have the minerals to play the sitting playmaker in the EPL. Who knows, he may have been right, but we hopefully only need  to wait to see if he was correct.

Who knows it makes no sense. I can’t see the logic besides he was ****ing us over. He also signed Bertrand tbf

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Who knows it makes no sense. I can’t see the logic besides he was ****ing us over. He also signed Bertrand tbf

It's extremely difficult to even guess what Rodgers was trying to achieve !! Personally I think Vesty made a short joke in front of him & the vendetta was on.

Nothing to the last few posts..

This is most likely the starting period where we will see quite a bit of Rotation through the side..

Bline,one could bring in Souttar, even rest Justin,with Choudhury. Or play Faes,Souttar Vesty at the back.
why not now Cannon,Agun,and then Winks from his ban.

Maybe rest Mavadidi…Mcateer fits in then Fatawu on R.Wing.

Above changes must not be in one Match.

Nacho needs some thought gathering on the bench…

Tomorrow…

Starsky

Faes.  Souttar. Coady

Winks

Agun Ndidi KDH

Fatawu.                   Mcateer

Cannon

11 hours ago, Unabomber said:

At least Rodger's son may have earned a few bob out of the deal at Bertrands management company so not all bad eh? Apparently Bertrand is very grateful too, the best deal he ever got in football apparently .Great wages and got to sit in nice surroundings all day, have saunas and massages and watch his friends run around!

I thought the interview with Owen PA for the when your smiling podcast was absolute class, comes across as a very levelheaded and professional individual. He is clearly enjoying his football again and appreciates having the faith and support of a manager who believes in him. 

his first 2 seasons at the club were an absolute disaster and if I am being fair I am not too sure how much of that lies at the door of the player, it seems the treatment of him by the then manager is odd to say the very least. But what I will say is this season his performances, commitment and attitude have been first class and he deserves this redemption, just goes to show how easy it can be for a narrative to be put out via the media and for us fans, me included to lap it up and make ill informed opinions and judgements off the back of it. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I thought the interview with Owen PA for the when your smiling podcast was absolute class, comes across as a very levelheaded and professional individual. He is clearly enjoying his football again and appreciates having the faith and support of a manager who believes in him. 

his first 2 seasons at the club were an absolute disaster and if I am being fair I am not too sure how much of that lies at the door of the player, it seems the treatment of him by the then manager is odd to say the very least. But what I will say is this season his performances, commitment and attitude have been first class and he deserves this redemption, just goes to show how easy it can be for a narrative to be put out via the media and for us fans, me included to lap it up and make ill informed opinions and judgements off the back of it. 

He came across brilliantly in that interview - articulate, intelligent and thoughtful. His diplomacy when repeatedly asked about his experiences under Rodgers was also impressive. 

• Like 2