Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Bingo.

On top of that, he also reads the game state superbly. IE when to quicken up the pace, when to slow it down. Yes, sometimes slowing it down is necessary, even though with us most of the time it's the other way round.

You can tell he started as a CDM. He would have got moved out of that position because he's not mobile, and I bet not that good with his back to goal in the midfield area. But in this position, the game is always ahead of him, and he can see everything. He will be able to do this in the Premier League against teams where we have more possession, and we will do against teams in the bottom 10.

Teams that play on the transition he may struggle against, but it won't just be him that struggles, we will struggle as a team. This is why Man City make cynical challenges high up the field, then use Kyle Walker to bail them out of trouble on the break, and worst case scenario, tell Ederson to charge out of goal and slide tackle players. Even if you put a much faster player that Vestergaard, the way we play, we will still be vulnerable.

Millwall did threaten on the break, but that's why Maresca changed Coady not Vestergaard. Those threats are almost always from the wide players and not from the central striker.

Haaland will murder him, but news flash, he murders most defenders.

Great post as always mate.

The question is…..who will be our Walker?

JJ pre-injury perhaps but he isn’t as rapid as Walker and his ability on the ball might not be up to scratch IMO.

7 hours ago, FLAN said:

Ridiculous cross field pass for their first goal. Gave them all the time in the world to attack it.  Coady didn’t cover himself in glory either. He also looked vulnervale

a few times in first half. Won’t be any use if we go up. 

Agreed.

His game just doesn’t translate to the PL.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

JJ pre-injury perhaps but he isn’t as rapid as Walker and his ability on the ball might not be up to scratch IMO.

Walker injury free is a great asset for club and country….BUT..

He also needed to gather his experience & is still vulnerable…

JJ has for a defender still some way to go to gather that experience,plus Walker unlike JJ,can’t cover the whole

B.line..

JJ   Doesn’t need to be equal,or reach heights of Walker….He just has to be himself and gather experience at the

PL level. Then we can compare him,building up an option on a players developement is “being that fan thing”

presume or put in variables on a sportsman’s possibles in evolving.

I don’t even try,to pre-order humble pie,but just enjoy and follow a young players career & then see how it has panned out

towards his twighlight years, ( or during my clubs service).

Another perspective, would you have preferred Walker to Neville,same position different qualities.

Opinions all ok,but let someone first get into his peake before chucking out future opinions.

JJ hasn’t yet had a career that has covered Walkers total injury outages,let alone games played..

Wanting to push so early “The I told you so button” ( wish is no measure of any sports fan),I prefer support & encouragement

through a decent players career..look so far what….Vardy,Morgan,Huth,Kaspar……..Vestergaard, Ndidi have built their careers.

Always Suprises me tha a Leicester fan of all people,after our last 15 years of chucking players out with the bath water,that many never learn…Why it’s showing again with Daka,Mavadidi add a few other etc…

I am not chasing you down Perse, but if you want a quality opinion to stick…FFs don’t shop at Safeway…:P    :cheers:

• Like 1

Ball to Coady was stupid and I still get worried whenever someone runs at or behind Vestergaard. 

He has been good this season but it’s a division below. I still want to see strengthening if we go up, particularly in defence.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Walker injury free is a great asset for club and country….BUT..

He also needed to gather his experience & is still vulnerable…

JJ has for a defender still some way to go to gather that experience,plus Walker unlike JJ,can’t cover the whole

B.line..

JJ   Doesn’t need to be equal,or reach heights of Walker….He just has to be himself and gather experience at the

PL level. Then we can compare him,building up an option on a players developement is “being that fan thing”

presume or put in variables on a sportsman’s possibles in evolving.

I don’t even try,to pre-order humble pie,but just enjoy and follow a young players career & then see how it has panned out

towards his twighlight years, ( or during my clubs service).

Another perspective, would you have preferred Walker to Neville,same position different qualities.

Opinions all ok,but let someone first get into his peake before chucking out future opinions.

JJ hasn’t yet had a career that has covered Walkers total injury outages,let alone games played..

Wanting to push so early “The I told you so button” ( wish is no measure of any sports fan),I prefer support & encouragement

through a decent players career..look so far what….Vardy,Morgan,Huth,Kaspar……..Vestergaard, Ndidi have built their careers.

Always Suprises me tha a Leicester fan of all people,after our last 15 years of chucking players out with the bath water,that many never learn…Why it’s showing again with Daka,Mavadidi add a few other etc…

I am not chasing you down Perse, but if you want a quality opinion to stick…FFs don’t shop at Safeway…:P    :cheers:

What are you on about mate? 🤯

I was merely asking a question about the post I replied to, it’s pretty easy (commented 100’s of times on here already) that a back three of Vesty, Coady and Faes is way too slow to play the way we want to, even more so in the PL.

Do you actually read the posts or just pick one to randomly rant on? 

8 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

What are you on about mate? 🤯

I was merely asking a question about the post I replied to, it’s pretty easy (commented 100’s of times on here already) that a back three of Vesty, Coady and Faes is way too slow to play the way we want to, even more so in the PL.

Do you actually read the posts or just pick one to randomly rant on? 

Depends which warlocks cauldron I have on the boil at anyone time.. :D

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

JJ. 

Very few are as quick as Walker, but I’d say JJ is still pretty rapid, and quick enough to keep up with Wingers/ strikers on the counter. Obviously he’s not perfectly suited to the LB/ LCB position due to not being left footed, although I think he’s still done pretty reasonably there.

Alternative would be for him to play RB/ RCB with Ricky inverting from the left, but not sure that would suit Ricky as much… 

Ricardo - Winks

Doyle - Vestergaard - Justin

Hermansen

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

He gets out jumped by players half his size too often, but his ball playing is the key to how we play. 

I'm loving his resurgence, but we'd need to upgrade if we do go straight back up.

6th best player in the league at winning aerial duels!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Very happy with him this season but I'd still say thank you and let him go in the summer. We need better if we go up, and we have Coady for back up. 

Vestegaard is a key player for us at the moment. Personally i dont want to see us gamble next season with lots of new players when what we have is working so well. Having to bed in new players in important positions for us whilst fighting for survival is not a good mix.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Diabolical cross field ball for their first, but scored the equaliser and mostly solid as per usual from then on. Managed the rest of the game well

I still don't think we should have conceded from this. Yes it's a mistake but think we defended the resulting position very poorly.

I'd personally be happy to have him here longer if we go up, but think we should bed in better/younger players at the same time.

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Vestegaard is a key player for us at the moment. Personally i dont want to see us gamble next season with lots of new players when what we have is working so well. Having to bed in new players in important positions for us whilst fighting for survival is not a good mix.

You'd probably have to offer him 3 years, I don't think that makes good business sense. Personally think he'll want to leave anyway. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

He gets out jumped by players half his size too often, but his ball playing is key to how we play. 

I'm loving his resurgence, but we'd need to upgrade if we do go straight back up.

I aint having that. He's absolutely dominant in the air. It's become an urban myth that big players who can play must be useless in air, or vice versa, see Peter Crouch 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I aint having that. He's absolutely dominant in the air. It's become an urban myth that big players who can play must be useless in air, or vice versa, see Peter Crouch 

Suggest you watch the highlights. Their second goal. All he has to do is get off the ground and attack the ball. What does he do?   Dominant. Mmmm 

12 hours ago, FLAN said:

Suggest you watch the highlights. Their second goal. All he has to do is get off the ground and attack the ball. What does he do?   Dominant. Mmmm 

That's very harsh, if you watch it back their player is yanking his shirt which prevents him from jumping. You can clearly see half his torso is exposed, and the pull causes him to jump at an angle rather than upright. If you want to be critical you could maybe suggest he should have reacted quicker to the loose ball but you could argue the same for both Mads and Faes. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 2

Let's take a neutral stance here, whether you like Vestergaard or not. He's been one of our most influential players this year - fact. He hasn't made that many mistakes - fact. When he does make a mistake some on here are over critical as though that is their sole purpose to identify what he does wrong. Will he be good enough should we be promoted - no, unless we have some serious pace either side of him. However, this season, he's part of a defence that has conceded very few goals and only once 2 in a game. We all know his limitations, but in the system we are deploying, he is a key component.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Hmm, I've seen him not get off the ground no end of times and get out done by players. He has his moments of course but for me he isn't as dominant as he should be in certain situations.

Has had a great season to date and will run winks close to player of the season if they both continue with their form in the second half of the season. 

However, football is a cut throat business and we would need better quality for the Premier League.

Horses for courses, thanks and move on. 

10 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Hmm, I've seen him not get off the ground no end of times and get out done by players. He has his moments of course but for me he isn't as dominant as he should be in certain situations.

I mean he's got the 6th highest % of aerial duels won in the entire division (74.7%) but sure, let's do it by vibes

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1