Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

53 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The reason he walk to the halfway line is to trigger the other team to press and then pass around them.

Enzo want teams to press him, so I don't think that will be a problem in the PL.

The issue will be his lack of pace to recover when we makes mistakes.

I've also got a feeling he will look to move in the summer, out of contract, 31 one last chance to get a bumper signing on fee somewhere.

Indeed it is, its also the reason for his incredibly high passing stats that people are using as an example of him being Maldini in disguise.

Makes sense for him to move, im slightly concerned we will lob a massive contract at him.

It easy to forget we've not made changes behind the scenes while things are going so well. Although Hamza somehow getting a 4 year contract was a small reminder haha

26 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Indeed it is, its also the reason for his incredibly high passing stats that people are using as an example of him being Maldini in disguise.

Makes sense for him to move, im slightly concerned we will lob a massive contract at him.

It easy to forget we've not made changes behind the scenes while things are going so well. Although Hamza somehow getting a 4 year contract was a small reminder haha

I think the only reason Hamza got a new contract is continuity, we have started a massive rebuild.

We have already seem Maddison, Barnes, Evans, Soyuncu, Mendy, Amartey, Castagne, Perez, Bertrand, and Tielemans leave this summer, 10 senior pros.

Chance are Ndidi, Iheanacho, Praet, Vardy, Albrighton, Iversen, Vestergaard, Smithies and hopefully with a bit of luck Thomas, Ward and Soumare :fc: go this summer another 11 senior pros

That's 21 senior players leaving in 12 month period, leaving the likes of KDH, Justin, Hamza, Ricardo, Faes and Souttar who have been a the club before this season.

Which left only 4 players with any history with the club of more than a season Justin, Ricardo, KDH and Hamza.

I think it made sense to keep a core group with a couple of local lads. 

• Like 4

Hes surprised  me and done very well this season, but there ARE a couple of qualities he lacks to be a reliable steady defender in the  prem. His pace and lack of ability to turn and track might get found out.

Id be very nervous about him regularly starting in the prem..

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

That's a fair comment. I thought he looked way behind the other 2 in terms of ability. But as you say. He's had considerably less opportunity to get into the grove. 

Factoring him probably more comfortable as the middle of a 3 rather than the outside CBs position.

He's not pulling up any trees but hasn't really let us down ether.

I think one ot the issues we have is out of Vestergaard, Coady, Souttar and Faes, 3 of the 4 are better at the central position.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

That's a fair comment. I thought he looked way behind the other 2 in terms of ability. But as you say. He's had considerably less opportunity to get into the grove. 

he's also normally playing in the centre of the 3 playing the wider role has a different skill set requirement 

• Like 1

I remember his performance in the Euro semi finals v England 2021...played a big part in keeping Kane,Sterling and Saka out for most of the match...agree he is not the most mobile of defenders but when we get back in the prem i think he will largely be playing in our penalty area

14 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

He would need some fast lads next to him

A speedy defender next to him would be ideal, but, I'd also like to think he's still learning and his football brain is getting better.

There are loads of CB's, even world class one's, that turn slower than an oil tanker.

It's their knowledge of the game and cleverness that means they're good.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I'm torn on lurch. The dilemma is tricky. Does this level & formation totally play into his skillset.  Or is he capable of being adaptable and playing at a higher level. History says - no. But context is everything!!(

How many games did he start last season ?

3 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Okay. Well if you don't have an expressed view I will fill the gap for you. On previous performances in the Prem for us. The level was poor. But he's cruising in the Championship. So I really don't know if it can transfer upwards again 

he's only started 10 games for us in the Prem so can't really judge that but I think he will be starting for us next season if we do manage to get promoted