Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

3 hours ago, LFEFox23 said:

Vestergaard and Faes have been brilliant this season, but definitely have my reservations on them both next season (should we go up).

I think the quality gap between Prem and Championship is MASSIVE , its easy for certain players in the championship to look like world beaters but step up to the prem and be below par.

An answer to all these type of posts.. 

So what:dunno:.. Our FFP situation will dictate how we go forward into the PL. 

Only on some fans feelings change a very successful back Line that compliment each other, bloody well,within the system  looking at it from Enzo.. the manager side ( only thing that counts). 

Pace does not create a Top CB pairing, across UK and Europe, enough slow coaches, commanding their position. 

A few expensive quickies, being the center of some clubs woes.. 

Plus our BLine has a group will have earnt the right to have a another Crack at the PL under a totally new set up and system. 

These wild predictions will not influence the selection mentality of Club, Coaching-team, or manager,  They need to be supported with the decent resources we will then have.. 

Why go through your "life's pastime"  worrying about something that hasn't yet been proved.. or also  could well fail if you got your way, because there is no logic in changing a proven set up at the step or phase before, that sofar stood fast. 

Edited by fuchsntf

Just now, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Don't get all the talk of not being good enough for the Prem. He played for Southampton in the Prem for 3 seasons and they finished mid to bottom half every year, as soon as they sold him they got relegated! He also played for 7 years in the Bundesliga and has near on 40 caps for Denmark, a team who always do well in big tournaments. 

You adjust the guys around him in terms of adding pace and dynamism into the back line. He is critical to the way Enzo wants to play and will likely continue to want to play. We have seen in the games he has played Coady who was originally signed for this exact job is levels behind big Vesty on the ball, and this is from a bloke who has played for 8 seasons as captain in a Wolves side who were top half or better pretty much every year.

The step up to the Prem is big as the likes of Burnley are finding out, but player for player our squad already is much stronger than theirs without even signing anyone. To think that half the team needs replacing is both unnecessary and unrealistic with budget constraints. 

If he wants to walk on a free and sign for a side playing in Europe then fair play, but I would look to tie him down for another year or 2. 

I think everything you've said here is highly likely. We are bound to offer him an extension, which he'll no doubt take.

I just think he'll come unstuck, and drop some clangers, and we'll all be saying 'told you' 'reverting back to the old Vesty' etc etc.

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

I think everything you've said here is highly likely. We are bound to offer him an extension, which he'll no doubt take.

I just think he'll come unstuck, and drop some clangers, and we'll all be saying 'told you' 'reverting back to the old Vesty' etc etc.

Or Again you all eat humble pie 

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

An answer to all these type of posts.. 

So what:dunno:.. Our FFP situation will dictate how we go forward into the PL. 

Only on some fans feelings change a very successful back Line that compliment each other, bloody well,within the system  looking at it from Enzo.. the manager side ( only thing that counts). 

Pace does not create a Top CB pairing, across UK and Europe, enough slow coaches, commanding their position. 

A few expensive quickies, being the center of some clubs woes.. 

Plus our BLine has a group will have earnt the right to have a another Crack at the PL under a totally new set up and system. 

These wild predictions will not influence the selection mentality of Club, Coaching-team, or manager,  They need to be supported with the decent resources we will then have.. 

Why go through your "life's pastime"  worrying about something that hasn't yet been proved.. or also  could well fail if you got your way, because there is no logic in changing a proven set up at the step or phase before, that sofar stood fast. 

I never mentioned anything to do with pace?

I was one of only a few that predicted Enzo would give him a chance. He's great in the Championship where we have 65% of the possession and defensive duties are kept to a minimum. However, that's unlikely to be replicated in the Prem, where he will identified and targeted as a weakness by 3/4 of the teams. Maybe offer him a one-year extension as an option for the odd games where we will dominate possession, but we really need to be looking for an upgrade if we go up, as seems likely.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Don't get all the talk of not being good enough for the Prem. He played for Southampton in the Prem for 3 seasons and they finished mid to bottom half every year, as soon as they sold him they got relegated! He also played for 7 years in the Bundesliga and has near on 40 caps for Denmark, a team who always do well in big tournaments. 

You adjust the guys around him in terms of adding pace and dynamism into the back line. He is critical to the way Enzo wants to play and will likely continue to want to play. We have seen in the games he has played Coady who was originally signed for this exact job is levels behind big Vesty on the ball, and this is from a bloke who has played for 8 seasons as captain in a Wolves side who were top half or better pretty much every year.

The step up to the Prem is big as the likes of Burnley are finding out, but player for player our squad already is much stronger than theirs without even signing anyone. To think that half the team needs replacing is both unnecessary and unrealistic with budget constraints. 

If he wants to walk on a free and sign for a side playing in Europe then fair play, but I would look to tie him down for another year or 2. 

He won’t get ten minutes on the ball in the premier league to pick a pass. 

• Like 1

Faes and Vesty will need to be replaced. Both very good at Championship level but will be squad player at best next. Jury still out on all players for next season, a part from maybe KDH and Ricardo (yes, I don't think Winks is a given to perform next season) 

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Faes and Vesty will need to be replaced. Both very good at Championship level but will be squad player at best next. Jury still out on all players for next season, a part from maybe KDH and Ricardo (yes, I don't think Winks is a given to perform next season) 

Squad players at best is a tad harsh both would be excellent squad players.   Coady also I think is fine.   

For me it’s about contract length and salary, we should offer reasonable PL terms for a bottom half team not trying to compete with some of the big clubs.  Excessive wages cost us last time round 

7 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I flip flop on this, but i don't think Faes needs to be replaced. Before the rot truly set in last year has some decent games.

If i was Vesty, i wouldn't be accepting a one year deal when i could likely be getting a signing on fee somewhere else with a little more commitment. But anything is possible.  I think we should be looking beyond him now and hoping that medium term Ben Nelson is one of the answers. Might be a bit much to expect Nelson to kick on next season though.

Edited by Chelmofox

56 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

I never mentioned anything to do with pace?

But 99% of doubters do. 

So what is your major bugbear with

Vestergaard or the defence in General

That you believe won't stand up to the PL.. 

43 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Faes on the right is fine in this system, we will need a better ball playing CB in the central position I think, and I think Enzo knows that too. I wonder if it'll be too soon for Nelson.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

But 99% of doubters do. 

So what is your major bugbear with

Vestergaard or the defence in General

That you believe won't stand up to the PL.. 

Lets be honest, MOST defences struggle in the premiership...From what I've seen Justin Faes Vestergaard Ricardo would be no different.

Most of the goals we've conceded this season (Apart from Boro & Cardiff off the top of my head) have been avoidable.... No team is perfect and football doesn't work that way, I get that but 90% of the dross weve played against this season have caused us a problem in one way or another.

Rotherham 

Sheff Wednesday

QPR

Birmingham

Huddersfield

Current bottom 6 have all scored past us.

The way we play football (Dominate possession high up the field) leaves us susceptible to the counter attack, which yes i do agree with most pace will be an issue for Vestergaard or Coady.

I don't want this to start turning into hate or degrading their performances this season, as mostly we've been very good, my concerns are next season against better opposition.

5 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

Lets be honest, MOST defences struggle in the premiership...From what I've seen Justin Faes Vestergaard Ricardo would be no different.

Most of the goals we've conceded this season (Apart from Boro & Cardiff off the top of my head) have been avoidable.... No team is perfect and football doesn't work that way, I get that but 90% of the dross weve played against this season have caused us a problem in one way or another.

Rotherham 

Sheff Wednesday

QPR

Birmingham

Huddersfield

The way we play football (Dominate possession high up the field) leaves us susceptible to the counter attack, which yes i do agree with most pace will be an issue for Vestergaard or Coady.

I don't want this to start turning into hate or degrading their performances this season, as mostly we've been very good, my concerns are next season against better opposition.

Two things:

We’ve conceded fewer goals than anybody else in the division

Don’t worry about things that haven’t happened yet 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

he's off in the summer probably back to Germany to play in European competitions, its part of the reason I'd like to see Coady come in for some games we need to see the system with him there.

Unless we have a real gem lined up for that role in the summer Coady's our main option next season

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Judging Faes on last season is completely moronic, the Tielemans and Soumare midfield screen was more like a broken net, heavy but you could easily slip through.

no but the fact he's started to wonder up field when the other side has the ball is worrying, its one thing when he has the ball as someone else fills in but when they have it it just leaves a gaping hole, its not like he's winning the ball either, Jannic as the centre of the 3 needs to get hold of him and keep him back there

50 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

Rotherham 

Sheff Wednesday

QPR

Birmingham

Huddersfield

Look.. You buy the ticket, you set yourself up for the ride.. 

Embrace the now, let's see later how and if we can stand upto the  challenge. Why bother from a fan stance try to pick irrelevant potential holes for something in the future.. 

Many fans did it just from & through this season and Enzo not only proved them wrong, but pissed on their parade. So carry on through each phase until one day you might get it right... 

Jesus what a perspective..!! 

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Look.. You buy the ticket, you set yourself up for the ride.. 

Embrace the now, let's see later how and if we can stand upto the  challenge. Why bother from a fan stance try to pick irrelevant potential holes for something in the future.. 

Many fans did it just from & through this season and Enzo not only proved them wrong, but pissed on their parade. So carry on through each phase until one day you might get it right... 

Jesus what a perspective..!! 

So when someone gives an opinion that isn't the same as yours, you don't seem to like it?

Just now, LFEFox23 said:

So when someone gives an opinion that isn't the same as yours, you don't seem to like it?

No I am questioning the logic of reaching that opinion, in the same tact people pull out the negative one, which also you can question me by not desiring to go into wild predictions and speculation..

For me each sport season is a new beginning with new situations and potential based on present unknowns

Hey mate this is part of football banter, where everybody has the right to respond... Both ways of Any perspective.. I enjoy it, and people who like the cross debate.. there is no EOstory, ding dongs, Ying n yang are the mixed elements. I have no ownership of being right. :cheers:

Apart from the one he gave away in the first minute that they nearly scored from he was actually pretty blooming decent the other night - he is a lovely footballer for a big monster - he just has no pace and would get absolutely destroyed in the prem - that said lovely feet for a big bloke and absolutely is one of the major dictators of this style of play in our team - fair play to the bloke - massively surprised me this year - good on him - not the answer for the future but to be fair many aren’t in this team either - for this team in this league he is proper decent 

11 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

I'm just not convinced, taking nothing away from him this season.  Even last night against a pretty woeful Burnley, Man City were bailed out the back a couple of times by the recovery pace of Aké.  

We do need more pace in the back line in my opinion.  Faes isn't particularly quick either. 

I’d like ideally two pacey and tall, left footed right footed centre backs either side of him to make it work in the prem. I certainly would rather keep him than coady but I get your point fully.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Scary how quickly the difference in quality between the leagues has been forgotten. We'd be mad to offer him a new deal. 

I can understand your point. But I think we have to look to the fact he’s ideal for the system we currently play, and wasn’t for Brendan ball. Modern football is about signing the right player for the right club but mainly the right system.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

A one year extension would be fine with me, anything more than that and I fear we will be in the same situation with him as before. Any other LCFC manager probably doesn't use him either.

This is my thought as well. Hopefully we’re fully committing to this system for the foreseeable so any signings or academy players aren’t wasting their time.

6 hours ago, Collymore said:

I personally think that Faes is more than good enough for the Premier but with CBs it's all about the partnership. We saw it with Huth & Morgan, neither one was good enough for the Premier but together they were more than good enough. 

We just need to match Faes up with the right partner.