Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

7 minutes ago, adam said:

If those 3 are our CBs next season we will be in trouble. Desperate for a quality centre half in the summer.

I think we will be fine, another addition wouldn't go a miss though as I don't think Enzo trusts Coady or Souttar

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 hour ago, HarryDee8 said:

Looks like it is a injury for vestergaard and may not make the next game

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-handed-jannik-vestergaard-9077657

This will be interesting on who Enzo picks in his role

If it isnt Coady it would seem he just doesnt have confidence in him at this point.

2 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

Looks like it is a injury for vestergaard and may not make the next game

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-handed-jannik-vestergaard-9077657

This will be interesting on who Enzo picks in his role

I see that McAteer was taken off because of the yellow card.  Anyone know if Mavididi and Ricardo are OK?  Presume Mavididi was subbed off for the yellow, and Ricardo just to rest him as we were winning?  Hopefully not injured. 

7 hours ago, LVFox said:

I honestly don't think his opinion of Coady has reduced. His performances have been relatively steady. I think Nelson has just shown he's got an impressively high ceiling and needs minutes when opportunities arrive.

I still think Coady starts against Watford if Vesty isn't fit

I think Coady still has a future in Enzo's masterplan but he saw an opportunity to give Nelson some playing time & I think that was a good call.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He’s been perfect for us this season but he won’t be the answer next 

his lack of pace aswell as the ease of which strikers can turn on a sixpence and leave you in the dust will be exploited in the prem for sure…

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MPH said:

his lack of pace aswell as the ease of which strikers can turn on a sixpence and leave you in the dust will be exploited in the prem for sure…

Yes.The strikers in the PL are much more mobile and I feel that Vesty would get targeted by PL managers. He has done a fantastic job for us but I can't see us renewing his contract.

On 01/02/2024 at 12:33, fuchsntf said:

An answer to all these type of posts.. 

So what:dunno:.. Our FFP situation will dictate how we go forward into the PL. 

Only on some fans feelings change a very successful back Line that compliment each other, bloody well,within the system  looking at it from Enzo.. the manager side ( only thing that counts). 

Pace does not create a Top CB pairing, across UK and Europe, enough slow coaches, commanding their position. 

A few expensive quickies, being the center of some clubs woes.. 

Plus our BLine has a group will have earnt the right to have a another Crack at the PL under a totally new set up and system. 

These wild predictions will not influence the selection mentality of Club, Coaching-team, or manager,  They need to be supported with the decent resources we will then have.. 

Why go through your "life's pastime"  worrying about something that hasn't yet been proved.. or also  could well fail if you got your way, because there is no logic in changing a proven set up at the step or phase before, that sofar stood fast. 

Considering how much you consistently dislike fans discussing things, it's quite remarkable you spend so much time on a discussion forum :D

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Considering how much you consistently dislike fans discussing things, it's quite remarkable you spend so much time on a discussion forum :D

I answer respond and put out various perspectives…

dislike ..No, !!  Just question some fans having certain sheep mentality.and chosen lazy criticism,worse than pundits ,who the same posters lambast.

Anybody who posts,including myself should not expect a free pass,and nobody questioning their posts..

I take nothing personal,   alls fair in love,banter and forum sword crossing..;)

• Like 1

I would love to see again Vesty prove the Foxes fan base wrong

& hold his technic together,and show his lack of pace ,

but wise positioning will see  us again gobsmacked with him again

entering the PL arena…

I can’t see at present Enzo wanting to change anything major across the B,line

Posters seem more desperate to see our defence fail,

than supporting them  into performances where we can stand proud

believing  we have players that make the system work & is successfull.

The Premier League is very different from the Championship & Vestergaard's lack of mobility  will be exposed very quickly playing at that level. We are going to transition from being the big dog to being exposed by faster & more mobile forwards. The fact that he is a very talented passer of the ball will not be a factor as we will not have the same amount of possession &  will be defending rather than attacking for large portions of the game.

He will have been instrumental in earning a promotion should it happen but I can't see him being an asset in the Premier League.

6 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Lol who also has pace and jannicks ball playing ability. 

I typically agree with most of your posts mate but do you not fear that Jannik’s pace/turning circle wouldn’t be a concern against strikers that are a class above what he’s faced this season?

13 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I think Coady still has a future in Enzo's masterplan but he saw an opportunity to give Nelson some playing time & I think that was a good call.

If your good enough your old enough and Nelson looks a gem. Exciting youthful backine is the premiership future for me.

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

I typically agree with most of your posts mate but do you not fear that Jannik’s pace/turning circle wouldn’t be a concern against strikers that are a class above what he’s faced this season?

Of course it would be. I was more just agreeing with Daggers point that finding an alternative on low wages and a low fee with similar attributes to vest with added pace isn't exactly as straightforward as people think. 

He has played his whole career apart from this season in the bundesliga or prem. So it's not like it would really be a step up for him. If Enzo wanted to offer him a new deal and thought he could use him in system against faster better forwards I would be pleased for him. But also if Enzo has other plans then fair enough. 

10 hours ago, filbertway said:

He’s right, though. Some of us have asked several times how Vesty has managed to be a starter in the Bundesliga and Premier League for most of his career if he can’t defend? The very least you might expect from ppl writing him off next season is an explanation, but most just repeat the same unfounded claims, seemingly without reading the other posts here - what’s the point of posting here if you don’t want to debate?

• Like 1