Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

1 minute ago, MalletFox said:

Wes - definitely

Huth - I think so

To be fair, Jannik looks in better shape this season. 

im pretty sure if you rewatch the winks winner at WBA he can be seen sprinting passed players trying to catch up with HW and KDH. 

1 minute ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

To be fair, Jannik looks in better shape this season. 

im pretty sure if you rewatch the winks winner at WBA he can be seen sprinting passed players trying to catch up with HW and KDH. 

he was running to the burger kiosk :ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ricey said:

He was a liability every time he played, thus eventually being frozen out. Rodgers had no choice, especially once Vestergaard started spouting off in the press.

He didn't play a single prem game for us last season absolute definition of mot being given a chance. Having been given a chance he is now showing how good he is. 

I don't understand why people are weighting him off without him having a chance to show how good he is in this system

15 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Reckon Enzo is praising him genuinely, but also to hype other clubs to try and sign him for a good fee with him knowing that he'll probably too slow for the Premier League.

He’s out of contact boss 

42 minutes ago, MPH said:

he was running to the burger kiosk :ph34r:

Good positioning…he knew goal was imminent,so wanted to

get the hot dogs and burgers before the celebrations…

very clever , foreseen  move in advance..

First burger ready just has Winks stuck it into the net,

Maresca’s double burger in his hands before start of changing room

celebrations, ketchup and onionis were eaten and not spread over floor.:P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I don't mind extending. But not at a princely sum or super long contract. As whilst he has stepped up this season. He looked woeful on previous Prem showings for us. So it still feels a punt to me. Definitely if he's seen as a definite Prem starter. 

I don't think he was ever really fully match fit in the past for us.  

2 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

He didn't play a single prem game for us last season absolute definition of mot being given a chance. Having been given a chance he is now showing how good he is. 

I don't understand why people are weighting him off without him having a chance to show how good he is in this system

Main reason for that was the hostility of our own supporters…..that’s why he didn’t get a chance…

Rodgers tried to press high though.

We then went and signed that great centre back to play this system in Harry Souttar. Bonkers to think really that Rodger’s played Amartey ahead of both Vestergaard and Soyuncu. 

Jokes aside, Vestergaard is great in our system. It would be a shame to lose him and I’d like to think he’s got another couple of years at the club. 

Anything more than a year is idiotic by the club.

He has done well this season and his passing is brilliant. But, the premier league is completely different. He won't have the time to do what he does now.

If we go into the premier league season with Big yan and Wout as starters we will ship so many goals.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

People talk about pace, but based on pace alone, were Big Wes or Huth any faster?

Yes. 

There are tectonic plates that move faster than Vestergaard.  But it's not just about straight line speed, its also about mobility, speed on the turn and speed of thought.  All of these things were exposed in the Premier League and would be again.  Yes, he can play and he can pass but he's not a good enough defender imo and gets away with it in a dominant team at this level.

Edited by murphy