Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

Suits this system as gets much more protection than the very attacking Rodgers ball. I suspect Enzo will surround him with pace next season and build the defence around him as he is probably his second most important player behind Winks.

Never rated him but now eat my words. He's my Player of the Season and deserves a contract. Fair play.

30 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Not that it matters for your argument (which I agree with) but I see 10 PL appearances for Vestergaard in 2021/2022. Not sure how many were starts though. I do remember him 'conceding' a penalty for handball against Brighton when he was being fouled. 

Thanks for the reminder that we’ve got to put up with the shite show that is VAR again next season ( if we go up) 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

10 league appearances in 21/22

6 starts - 563 minutes played - 6.3 90s

1-0 win vs Wolves - 28 mins

1-0 loss vs Man City - 61 mins

2-1 loss vs Brighton - 90 mins (game with that penalty you mentioned and we also had I believe at least 1 goal unfairly ruled out)

2-2 draw vs Burnley - 90 mins

2-2 draw vs Palace - 90 mins

4-2 win vs Man Utd - 2 mins

2-1 win vs Brentford - 22 mins

6-3 loss vs Man City - 90 mins

3-2 loss vs Spurs - 90 mins (game with the 2 injury time Spurs goals)

2-2 vs West Ham - 1 min

Yep 2 perfectly good goals ruled out for Barnes being in the keeper's sightline whilst in an offside position, even though...he wasn't. 

Plus the dodgy handball pen. 

Guest glasgowfox
5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I am ok with this I can accept the short debate and expression of opinion,

it’s a sort of wait and see opinion,between us.Unless club OUTSIDE or ENZO ,inside the club find someone else for that key CB position.

Leeds & Southampton will test our B.line,not far off bottom half PL sides.

Then again in sport there are times when you take educated chances

and leaps of faith..His pace and need for something quicker,

errmm this guy has also played at a fair class of international level,with some games higher than Championship level. Those first games next season will

Show all of his potential…Thats the only way..

I agree.  Not doom and gloom but would say overall international football is a lot slower pace, overall, than the premier league...if we get there

Give him a 2 year contract, he’s deserved that on the basis of this season. Badly mismanaged by Rodgers. 

Even if we sell him after 6 months/year then that would be good for PSR, as he effectively has a book value of £0, I presume? If he helps keep us up then it’s been worth it. If we go down then he’s shown he’s a very good operator at this level. (Provided we still have Enzo admittedly! 

He’s been very good this season, think he’ll be ok in the Premier League in this system but needs pace surrounding him - problem is I’d sooner replace him before JJ and Faes. I doubt we could sign much better than them two to support him. 

Fingers crossed the trio works but hopefully this new contract is only one year as I have reservations about him at Premier League level, still. 

Regardless, been fantastic this season and he deserves credit for how consistent he’s been. 

Edited by pmcla26
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Unabomber said:

What was Rodgers playing at with his management of this guy? Unreal when you think about it 

He played a back four, Vestergaard in a back four obviously doesn’t work. He gets by in this league in a three with quality around him but it won’t work in the PL as we are seeing today when he’s exposed

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark said:

He played a back four, Vestergaard in a back four obviously doesn’t work. He gets by in this league in a three with quality around him but it won’t work in the PL as we are seeing today when he’s exposed

More is why did Rodgers go out of his way to sign him in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Mark said:

I still don’t rate him. Said all season if we go up he will be exposed, just as he was last season. Any player with pace beats him. And he’s the tallest player I’ve seen still unable to head a ball.

• Like 4

On 16/02/2024 at 08:10, Kierzz said:

Suits this system as gets much more protection than the very attacking Rodgers ball. I suspect Enzo will surround him with pace next season and build the defence around him as he is probably his second most important player behind Winks.

Never rated him but now eat my words. He's my Player of the Season and deserves a contract. Fair play.

lol no. 

• Haha 1

We have not seen it much this season, after seeing it in the Prem a fair bit, but several times today Vestergaard's opponent made it look like he was running through treacle as he gave away a 5 yard start and was in trouble trying to run back.

Not that he was the only one having a bit of an off day.

• Like 3

On 16/02/2024 at 10:20, Les-TA-Jon said:

Learn what? What would you rather, let him leave on a free and then spend more on replacing him? 

Yes absolutely and on today’s performance it was highlighted even more. He got caught 6/7 times with his pace just imagine prem players against him. 

Edited by dannythefox
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Yes absolutely and on today’s performance it was highlighted even more. He got caught 6/7 times with his pace just imagine prem players against him. 

Agree 100%  they could have been running  backwards faster than he does going forward. Stands at the back tip tapping around and slows the game down, never have liked him Southampton really had our pants down when we took him.

51 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

People finally given a chance to vent on Vestergaard after quite a long time when he has been very good for us, a long overdue chance to reel out the ‘he will never make in the Premier League so we should just get rid now’ trope. 

Vindication eh?  lol

Not really mate he’s good on the ball that’s it. Always has been and he’s terribly slow which will cause us issues every games against better opposition. 

12 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Not really mate he’s good on the ball that’s it. Always has been and he’s terribly slow which will cause us issues every games against better opposition. 

It’s not really it though is it? He is a good defender and very good on the ball. Obviously it’s going to be a huge issue against fast and intricate teams if we go up but anyone we are going to be able to afford is going to have a weakness.

• Like 2