Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

The thing is, i just don't see a new deal being signed. Surely his performances of late have hit the radar of other clubs and he can get a half decent signing on fee somewhere, and fair play to him too if he goes down that route. If he had been used to his potential previously then we could have recouped a fee for him. 

Rodgers is the gift that keeps on giving.

Hmmmm yes, a cynic might think he's upped his game and is playing out of his skin as he knows he's out of contract soon. 

Ah well, if he does go, he can go back to being the useless crap lazy slow donkey he's been until recently. 

6 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

Hmmmm yes, a cynic might think he's upped his game and is playing out of his skin as he knows he's out of contract soon. 

Ah well, if he does go, he can go back to being the useless crap lazy slow donkey he's been until recently. 

Do you honestly think players can voluntarily flick a switch like that?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lnkstern said:

Been thinking about the genesis of Jannik's career revival this season.

I am wondering if he (1) just plays massively better when he is picked consistently, or (2) plays massively better when he has the manager's confidence?

Or perhaps a combo of both?

Either way, I wish to apologize for calling him Lurch the last few years.

May I throw in playing at a lower level as an option. 

I imagine it's a combo of all 3. We play a system that suits him down to the ground, he's playing against inferior players and he's playing regularly so will naturally be sharper.

• Like 2

Guest glasgowfox
15 hours ago, lnkstern said:

Been thinking about the genesis of Jannik's career revival this season.

I am wondering if he (1) just plays massively better when he is picked consistently, or (2) plays massively better when he has the manager's confidence?

Or perhaps a combo of both?

Either way, I wish to apologize for calling him Lurch the last few years.

Hate to be cynical but.....yes he has played really well this season against Championship sides where half of  the forwards couldn't hit a barn door.  He was crap in the premier league because he is as fast as a sloth with arthritis.  He is not premier league class and if we get promoted then he needs replaced...opinion.

Edited by glasgowfox
Spelling

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

May I throw in playing at a lower level as an option. 

I imagine it's a combo of all 3. We play a system that suits him down to the ground, he's playing against inferior players and he's playing regularly so will naturally be sharper.

'Playing at a lower level' is quite valid.  Not going into details, but there have been a few squads this season who have shown very little ambition, or even basic football skill.

And it all turns into a (positive) cycle.  Play well (against lesser opposition), get picked regularly by the manager, boost of confidence, play well, round and round it goes.

Sometimes a player just does not "click" at a club. Perhaps style, confidence, lack of game time in preferred role, doesn't get on with others in the squad or the manager or even sometimes homesick. We have seen this before with the likes of Krameric, or more recently Soumare. Some move on and do great things others never reach their potential.

Vestergaard was brought in, never really got much of a chance to show what he is capable of when utilised to his strengths and obviously was unhappy here due to his treatment by Rodgers (convinced to stay, then ignored, something that BR did with others too).  Yet he has been given the chance to turn it around and, luckily for us, he has taken it and "clicked" to the extent that he is now a contender for player of the season.

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

He was like a graceful giraffe galloping up the pitch last night. If that sink had gone in - scenes. 

Anyone remember Bruno N'Gotty doing the same thing at a home game v Wolves or maybe Southampton? In my memory he just charged right down the middle of the pitch as the opposition parted for him like the Red Sea.

Just now, Fox92 said:

It is brilliant but look how much space there is for him because of how many Bournemouth players are pushed forward lol 

But look at how slow they were tracking back. Wish he had just belted that.

• Like 2

Just now, Chelmofox said:

But look at how slow they were tracking back. Wish he had just belted that.

Indeed, his first touch somehow takes about two players out the game and they look like they cba.

27 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Anyone remember Bruno N'Gotty doing the same thing at a home game v Wolves or maybe Southampton? In my memory he just charged right down the middle of the pitch as the opposition parted for him like the Red Sea.

You’re thinking Moses mate. 

• Haha 1

He's obviously a candidate for player of the season & has been excellent.

If & probably when we're in the Premier League next season, surely his lack of pace will be exposed, won't it ?

When we have 70% of the ball, he is strolling through games.......next season will surely be very different. 

• Like 1