Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2024/03/04/0910e1b3-f94a-41a5-9818-6e1b5c961a9a/PL_Handbook_2023-24_DIGITAL_26.02.24-v3.pdf

I like most believed that the embargo will be lifted later this week but have started to see the PL E79 ( Page 141) being mentioned 

Have no idea if the issue with the EFL is covered under this rule but knowing Leicester nothing would surprise me.

2 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

It’s just incredible. They have genuinely thought that because he was good in that system in the championship and they want to appoint someone with the same style, that he’ll perform the same in the premier league. What if the new

mansger wants a higher line? This board are absolutely unbelievable 

No, their thinking is very likely to be that we can’t afford replacements for everyone who could leave, as well as new better players.

I don’t know why this needs explaining. If the club think we need 5 players, if he goes we need 6. So whatever budget we have gets spread thinner and thinner. Which is likely to mean worse players coming in. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2024/03/04/0910e1b3-f94a-41a5-9818-6e1b5c961a9a/PL_Handbook_2023-24_DIGITAL_26.02.24-v3.pdf

I like most believed that the embargo will be lifted later this week but have started to see the PL E79 ( Page 141) being mentioned 

Have no idea if the issue with the EFL is covered under this rule but knowing Leicester nothing would surprise me.

That sounds terrifyingly vague and unclear.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

No, their thinking is very likely to be that we can’t afford replacements for everyone who could leave, as well as new better players.

I don’t know why this needs explaining. If the club think we need 5 players, if he goes we need 6. So whatever budget we have gets spread thinner and thinner. Which is likely to mean worse players coming in. 

Or on the flip side, our wage bill which has been our biggest issue is still above our rivals (bottom 6/8 clubs).

It’s why I would only renew Vardy’s contract out of any players who are running out this summer.

We can’t be handing out more 70/80k contracts which Yannik/Wilf etc will be asking for.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

It's already been explained to you that Vestergaard's role in the squad next year can be replaced for free by Ben Nelson, also giving us 70 grand a week to spend elsewhere.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

It's already been explained to you that Vestergaard's role in the squad next year can be replaced for free by Ben Nelson, also giving us 70 grand a week to spend elsewhere.

Nelson will be good. He can’t pass a ball like Vestergaard though. The system we used wasn’t dissimilar to Barcelona when they played YaYa Toure and Maschrano as the centre backs. 

My concern with Vestergaard (who I actually like in the right system), is us signing a coach who wants to play a high line. He’s pointless and a waste of wages in that system. 

No players should be signed or resigned until the new manager is in place.

The new manager could have a fast, ball playing centre back that’s his first name on the team sheet at his current club, that’s in half the wages of JV and desperate to continue to work with his manager.

It’s typical of the board disconnect if they sign JV before a new manager

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

Or on the flip side, our wage bill which has been our biggest issue is still above our rivals (bottom 6/8 clubs).

It’s why I would only renew Vardy’s contract out of any players who are running out this summer.

We can’t be handing out more 70/80k contracts which Yannik/Wilf etc will be asking for.

Will his replacement play for free or something? We’d have to buy someone to replace him and then pay them. You don’t know what he’s asking. 

17 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

If Ben Nelson was as good as Vestergaard he’d have already played and been a part of the team… rather than what, 6th choice centre back, as it’s already been explained the last time this was brought up. 

F*** it let’s not give Vardy a contract, we already have Cannon and some kid we can just promote through the ranks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Will his replacement play for free or something? We’d have to buy someone to replace him and then pay them. You don’t know what he’s asking. 

Whatever he’s asking is going to be totally wasted if the new manager doesn’t rate him or plays a system that needs pace. It’s a ridiculous and stupid risk to sign anyone, especially JV the player that didn’t play for a year under the previous manager

• Like 1

It really depends how well they can negotiate down his contract. They surely can't think they'll offer him a 3 year on what he was on before, I'd rather we looked at a loan or free, played faes, coady and Nelson. See if we can't get Doyle on another years loan

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

If Ben Nelson was as good as Vestergaard he’d have already played and been a part of the team… rather than what, 6th choice centre back, as it’s already been explained the last time this was brought up. 

F*** it let’s not give Vardy a contract, we already have Cannon and some kid we can just promote through the ranks. 

You realise it’ll be a different manager next season?? 

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Whatever he’s asking is going to be totally wasted if the new manager doesn’t rate him or plays a system that needs pace. It’s a ridiculous and stupid risk to sign anyone, especially JV the player that didn’t play for a year under the previous manager

In an ideal world, it would be prudent to wait. But if our budget is massively restricted, then I also totally understand the need to keep bodies we already have. 

We can’t sign anyone for a while yet, so it could all be noises from the club to keep him sweet. Knowing that a new manager might so no… but you don’t want to out out those vibes as he could just go elsewhere and then you lose a relatively cheap body for the books. 

3 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

You realise it’ll be a different manager next season?? 

It won’t suddenly make Ben Nelson a better player. I mean, what’s the faith in his ability based on?

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

It won’t suddenly make Ben Nelson a better player. I mean, what’s the faith in his ability based on?

Your theory Nelson isn't good enough being based on Enzos choice of first 11 isn't based on fact, just Enzo trusted 1 player than the other in that season, we're in a different league now that requires different qualities, so maybe saving the money on vestegaards inflated wages and playing Nelson when required would be better option 

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's an extremely promising player who showed it in the handful of games he played last season. It's not unusual that his progression continues even at a higher level, can think of many examples of that. We might have little choice but to blood him more anyway, likewise Alves and Braybrooke.

Posted (edited)

Vestergard is a very limited player and can only look good playing a certain style. We are handcuffing any manager who come in and doesn’t want to play tippy tappy football . The first signing has to be a new manager  

Edited by gurru991

Absolutely no chance they give him a contract without maresca pushing for it - none - he knows it as well - of course it was lined up - as was maresca staying and building - now he is gone so will vesty- did great last year but nowhere near good enough for the prem 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Different managers see and like different things…. Enzo made the man that couldn’t get a game for Rodgers his defensive first pick.

Another manager may prioritise pace ahead of passing and Nelson goes straight in over JV. That’s why I think it’s foolish to sign anyone, however cheap, until the new man is in place - give him the maximum flexibility and choice with his budget.

Personally, if I was manager, and I could only have one of Vestergaard or Nelson I’d pick Nelson

12 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Your theory Nelson isn't good enough being based on Enzos choice of first 11 isn't based on fact, just Enzo trusted 1 player than the other in that season, we're in a different league now that requires different qualities, so maybe saving the money on vestegaards inflated wages and playing Nelson when required would be better option 

Vestergaard has played 100+ Games in the Bundesliga, 100+ Games in the premier league, won the championship as a key player in the team, played 41 times for Denmark. 

Forgive me if I think playing 25 games for Rochdale and Doncaster, and 5 for us as about 6th choice, isn't at this moment in time, a great indicator of him being a good first choice backup in the premier league.