Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

Posted (edited)

Imagine this was made weeks ago and we are just waiting for him and Vardy to come back of their holidays.

Interesting if Jannik now regrets this. But a 3 year contract is not all bad lol whoever the manager is. 

Should never have been 3 years, even if Enzo planned on staying. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

Depends on the terms of the deal, he may have taken a significant wage drop in return for longer term security. If he can replicate his form from last season I have no issue at all with it. 

I have a feeling he will play an important role for us, all in all a good dependable pro who was hung out to dry by Rodgers and as soon as he was shown a modicum of trust and belief was excellent. 

However if we have committed to similar wages to his last contract and extended by 3 years then I tend to agree that we have learnt absolutely nothing. 

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It’s not ideal but we’re in a corner really. Offer him less and he’s little incentive to sign on. Then we yet another player to replace on a shoestring budget

Indeed. It is what is is, we don’t have the budget to be spending fees on loads of players. Whether the new man wants to play a certain way or not is frankly inconsequential at this moment in time.

We desperately need bodies, we are already likely losing: Albrighton, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Praet. On top of actually needing some other players and replacing the loans of Doyle and Casedei.

Losing him would mean another player we need to buy, more money, time and resources bringing someone in. And if anyone mentions Nelson again, we already had him, he was already in the squad. Using him isn’t replacing a player, whether he’s good or rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would he have rejected a 2 year? Doubt it so why 3? What with all that intense competition for his signature. Or is it just making sure we have enough players already on the books to get through the next 3 transfer embargo’s! Three years ?

:dunno: :jawdrop:

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Life under Top and Jon Rudkin. I despair.

I know it's one player but it shows in a nutshell why they need to go. 3 years for a guy who's clearly not worth it (debate if 1 year is even worth it) and more crazily, done when there's no new manager in post.

Gross mismanagement

• Like 3

We had to do it. Rumours that Chelsea were going to swoop and offer him a seven year deal...  

Ok, that is fantasy. But the reality is we've given Vesty a new three year deal.  I'm giving up trying to make sense of all this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Depends on the terms of the deal, he may have taken a significant wage drop in return for longer term security. If he can replicate his form from last season I have no issue at all with it. 

I have a feeling he will play an important role for us, all in all a good dependable pro who was hung out to dry by Rodgers and as soon as he was shown a modicum of trust and belief was excellent. 

However if we have committed to similar wages to his last contract and extended by 3 years then I tend to agree that we have learnt absolutely nothing. 

It isn’t going to be the same money. Everyone knows, agents and players that clubs now have the 85% spend restrictions.

It’s the perfect opportunity for everyone to pull back on wages, with the perfect excuse and everyone is in the same boat. So any other offers are all going to drop as well 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

If he's halved his wages then that's fair enough but if he's taken a big cut, he could still be on £60k or something silly.

It's a 31 year that has massively struggled in this division in the past, so it's most likely a crap deal

Seriously, this football club deserves everything it gets. 

Ran by complete f*****g mongols, seemingly hellbent on outdoing themselves year on year in the internal "Stupidest F******g Decision" awards. 

I'd like to say I'm gobsmacked, but I'm not anymore. Par for the course for Top and Co.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Mental decision on the length of his deal. We've learnt nothing.

3 years is a sensible length provided his wages are not super high. If he does well it means we are not having to renegotiate with him again next year/ can get some money for him if he decides to move on

• Like 1