Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I suppose with three years on his deal we can sell him next summer 

And when he refuses to go like has happened twice previously?!

He won’t even have thoughts of a bigger next contract or international football on his mind this time, he can just sit back and cream it for a further 2 years. 

I’d have just about accepted a 2 year deal but 3 is mental. 

• Like 1

****...  me.   Jesus Christ.

REALLY?

Who exactly was to blame for us getting the drop then?  Vesty was SHIT!

He was SHIT even before we bought him!

Sent off in a 0-9 thumping.

****ing hell

This is Rudkin's doing, right?

Posted (edited)

To give a bit of context a £70m wage bill across 25 players is over £50k each.  

that the wage bill of a low- mid ranking team.

if his wages drop in the championship (which they will do, he has shown that he is easily good enough at that level). 

Edited by Finn Claw II

Haven’t read through all the posts so apologies if this has been missed.

If he’s on a lower wage than before and we can sell him next summer - does than not help towards PSR and will it all count as profit as he was out of contract? 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Or just don’t resign him. It’s not like he has much power surely? Accept this or don’t resign. We all know it would no big loss. 

yeah of course that’s where the debate falls. But maybe the club don’t want to have to pay 15-20m for a replacement. 

Obviously it becomes a bad decision if the new boss just goes with souttar or coady instead. But based on what’s been said, enzo requested this and the agreement was made before he left. 

3 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Haven’t read through all the posts so apologies if this has been missed.

If he’s on a lower wage than before and we can sell him next summer - does than not help towards PSR and will it all count as profit as he was out of contract? 

His wages for 1 year are probably higher than the amount we can sell him for

Was worried we'd do this when he started to perform last season (at a massively worse level) I can't really add anything to what most others have said. Those last 2 years of contract will most likely just involve him sitting on the bench counting his earnings after we fail to loan him out or sell him. Absolutely insane decision given we've got 4 other cbs and Justin if we get desperate or play 3 at the back. Just gotta pray that whoever the next manager is doesn't play a high defensive line!

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

His wages for 1 year are probably higher than the amount we can sell him for

If he has a good euros, plays regularly in the PL a club (especially overseas) could pay £10m for 32yr old international 

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Anyone think the deal was already signed off before the club knew Enzo was leaving? That can be the only explanation surely

He should do the right thing and sign him for Chelsea if it was

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

And when he refuses to go like has happened twice previously?!

He won’t even have thoughts of a bigger next contract or international football on his mind this time, he can just sit back and cream it for a further 2 years. 

I’d have just about accepted a 2 year deal but 3 is mental. 

He’s getting on - I don’t see him sitting around for two years here when he won’t then get a signing on fee at 35 when this new deal expires