Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Ok so your not happy about one years difference? Not the worst thing in the world then. 

Not the worst thing, but in the context of us failing all the PSR guidelines, a pretty stupid approach from the club

put it like this, they got it 33% wrong!

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Spiritwalker said:

Unless anyone has seen the terms of his contract I’m not sure what there is to be upset by.

The fact that any time. And I mean every time he was put under any pressure by strikers a league below he was a shambles. So having that at another level for at least one year is terrible. Wherever we are 2-3 years older is unforgivable 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

We can't afford signing someone new on. Might as well keep Vesty

By signing him, we have, in effect, signed on someone new! Why didn’t we just sign another (better) free agent?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FLAN said:

The fact that any time. And I mean every time he was put under any pressure by strikers a league below he was a shambles. So having that at another level for at least one year is terrible. Wherever we are 2-3 years older is unforgivable 

Just to clarify, I can understand if some fans don’t rate him and think we shouldn’t have tried to keep him,

what I don’t understand is those who say we should have kept him but are not happy with length of his

contract when they have no idea what’s actually in that contract.

• Like 1

I would hope there is an incoming ASWELL as vesty signing on. It's fair to say he's earned it this season, but a CB pair of  Faes and Vesty doesn't fill me with confidence for the prem season...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, MPH said:

I would hope there is an incoming ASWELL as vesty signing on. It's fair to say he's earned it this season, but a CB pair of  Faes and Vesty doesn't fill me with confidence for the prem season...

Let’s hope it’s a manager that doesn’t enjoy having a high defensive line. 

Edited by HankMarvin

52 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

All this being said if he has a good season and attracts interest this suddenly doesn't look like the worst decision by the club

would need a pretty good season for someone to want to buy him aged 32??

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Not the worst thing, but in the context of us failing all the PSR guidelines, a pretty stupid approach from the club

put it like this, they got it 33% wrong!

well thats not true if hes actually playing.  The extra year brings down the weekly wage to something much more fitting for psr. It actually may make it more feasible. This year is the tightest one, so if weve saved 20k or so on his wage for this season, it may have been worth it. if he is starting for us this season then id say it might be a smart move in our tightest moments. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

Just now, Lambert09 said:

well thats not true if hes actually playing.  The extra year brings down the weekly wage to something much more fitting for psr. It actually may make it more feasible. This year is the tightest one, so if weve saved 20k or so on his wage for this season, it may have been worth it. 

I'm just wandering if the players know who is going to be our next manager that's why vesty has signed a new contract ,just a thought 

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

I think Vestergaard deserves more respect after the season he's just put in for us. He's never been dogshite. We had a dogshite manager who made him play in a system that exposed him, followed by a manager that used him properly. 

Amen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Yeah.

Don't let players who are needed in the squad walk away for nothing and get them tied down on more realistic contracts hopefully. 

What's the alternative?.

We don't need him in the squad. We have 4 other cbs none of whom he's particularly better than plus justin who can fill in if needs be. The alternative is we let the big duffer go and use his wages where its actually needed.

3 years gor a slow 32 year old centre back seems like madness to me. I suspect he's forgon Abu sort of lump sum and we can spread the cost, as buying a new CB would cost us now and we're in a mess. 

I supported giving Vesty a year with Enzo as manager, maybe 2 at a push because it was clear he would be used by Enzo moving forward.

However we now have no manager, so dont know if he would be used and I think 3 years is too much.  Mistake from the club, and it seems they still dont know what they are doing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’m a big Vesty fan but even I think three years is a bit mental. One year with the option for another is what I was expecting (in Enzos system)… here’s hoping the wage is reasonable (fat chance of that, I know) 

IMO no extensions should be given out before we have a new manager in, with the possible exception of Vards. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I’m a big Vesty fan but even I think three years is a bit mental. One year with the option for another is what I was expecting (in Enzos system)… here’s hoping the wage is reasonable (fat chance of that, I know) 

IMO no extensions should be given out before we have a new manager in, with the possible exception of Vards. 

Love it....

No Extensions should be given out before we have a new manager in. With the possible exception of.....

Slight contradiction ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Let’s hope it’s a manager that doesn’t enjoy having a high defensive line. 

I said this a few days ago. If signings are going to be limited and the new manager wants to play to our squads strength, he simply NEEDS to play deep. Vesty, Faes, Coady, Souttar.... none of them will really benefit from a high line. 

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

Love it....

No Extensions should be given out before we have a new manager in. With the possible exception of.....

Slight contradiction ?

Yeah 🤣 I’m willing to bend all logic for that man. Ten more years? Player manager? Statue? Unlimited red bull? Whatever he wants, whenever he wants it. He is THE exception to end all exceptions when it comes to our club,

• Like 2

Clearly a deal that was on the table pre Enzo's departure, possibly at Enzo's insistence as he is integral to the style of play; with Enzo now gone it's an appalling bit of naive business from the club, he was worth a 1 year deal with an option based on appearances at most. What happens when the new manager decides he doesn't want him? He'll be ripped to shreds in the prem with his lack of pace.