Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

He wouldn’t sign a year or two, clearly. 

I’ve just explained all the sense in it. lol

He could just be a squad player for three years, we still need those. I don’t know why it’s looked at like he somehow has to be a starter for the next three years.

I’d have preferred a shorter contract, but it all depends on the wages. And if he wouldn’t sign it, we are stuck between a rock and a hard place because of our situation. 

Of which there basically isn't any. I'd say the recent evidence would clearly suggest he's not capable of being a squad player at this level so if the need is for somebody on a free, why not just go and pursue somebody else. A younger player would be a more calculated risk in both financial and playing terms.

You're basically suggesting we've been held to ransom by Jannik Vestergaard and no matter how bad our situation is, anyone with vague competence wouldn't allow that to happen.

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Of which there basically isn't any. I'd say the recent evidence would clearly suggest he's not capable of being a squad player at this level so if the need is for somebody on a free, why not just go and pursue somebody else. A younger player would be a more calculated risk in both financial and playing terms.

You're basically suggesting we've been held to ransom by Jannik Vestergaard and no matter how bad our situation is, anyone with vague competence wouldn't allow that to happen.

Very true, however, we've got Rudkin doing the deals...

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Maybe he already did? How would you know? 

Then we should have let him walk. How do you let a donkey like him dictate terms?

Rudkin is an idiot:

Edited by Phenom

He has played strongly the last year and is now starting for Denmark, lastly beating Victor Nelsson, Simon Kjær and Andreas Christensen, who must be considered quite high quality! 

Dont underestimate the value of consistency, we have a young keeper in Mads (for now) who benefits highly from a secure anchor in front of him, who also can teach him about the life outside of the field in a new country and League. I feel its a perfect deal, we dont have money to buy anyone anyways...

• Like 3

Having read some more about us needing to sell KDH, its these kind of decisions that lead us to being forced to sell star players, having a second rant here.

We have refused more than half a dozen bids in the last 2 years alone for squad players, and then now signing someone on 3 years based on the wishes of a manager who has now left us, whoever is making these decisions is an idiot, sorry.

I think Vesty is a good player if used appropriately for his skill set, he was a sweet fit for Enzo, but Enzo is no longer our manager, so the DoF shouldnt have gone ahead with this.  Rudkin will look the right fool if the new manager doesnt take a liking to him.

2 hours ago, danish_fox said:

He has played strongly the last year and is now starting for Denmark, lastly beating Victor Nelsson, Simon Kjær and Andreas Christensen, who must be considered quite high quality! 

Dont underestimate the value of consistency, we have a young keeper in Mads (for now) who benefits highly from a secure anchor in front of him, who also can teach him about the life outside of the field in a new country and League. I feel its a perfect deal, we dont have money to buy anyone anyways...

Only because they’re injured and, in Kjaers case, hasn’t played for months. He would never start if Kjaer, AC and Andersen were all fit.

It will be very, very interesting to see how he does at the euros though, especially vs England. I like him, but he is a weak link in transitions against and he always seem to have a brain fart in him losing the ball in dangerous areas.

Posted (edited)

We all know it should have been maximum one year with the option to extend to two years. Everyone apart from Rudkin. If Jannik didn’t want to stay with only a year extension then get some balls and say bye then!

Edited by BroughtonFox
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Foxy DK said:

Only because they’re injured and, in Kjaers case, hasn’t played for months. He would never start if Kjaer, AC and Andersen were all fit.

It will be very, very interesting to see how he does at the euros though, especially vs England. I like him, but he is a weak link in transitions against and he always seem to have a brain fart in him losing the ball in dangerous areas.

Name a player who doesn't lose the ball at times. 

On 06/08/2023 at 14:32, BKLFox said:

Just woeful, I loved the fact Doyle showed his displeasure in the final few minutes when Vestergaard just swung at the ball and it went for a corner, Doyle wanted calm and to play the ball out as he knew the danger of a corner 2minutes from the 99th minute, Vestergaard doesn’t have a clue.

Hopefully Harry plays midweek and puts in a performance 

Doyle is an intelligent player. Vesty has shit for brains 

With a young speed merchant along side him, this could work well.  I would have preferred 1 or 2 deal, but with Dufkin at the the wheel what do any of us realistically expect??  Get Dufkin gone Top.