Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

Can't believe we issued a 3 year contract, based on one seasons performance.

For an out of contract player. I doubt it's on reduced wage or spread of costs. He would have been able to get other clubs on the higher wage bracket possibly.

As mentioned previously, this is like an Enzo endorsement. Before he went sailing off to Chelsea. 

There is always one mishap by us. I hope this is the only one. This year. 

4 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

Of course they don’t all have players as fast as Chelsea but even clubs like Forest have the likes of Odi who has pace but as I pointed out it’s not just the speed over the ground it’s the speed of thought 

Even then that’s not my  only point is  the fact he has given a 3 year deal which means if he struggles as much as I feel he will  he certainly won’t be going anywhere 

Fair enough but I didn't see any evidence of him lacking 'speed of thought'. Hard to tell. You saw it. I didn't. He had a good season. Helped us to gain promotion. Powers that be thought he did well and offered him a contract. I can see why some think 3 years is too much. Maybe 2 would've been prudent but then he would have turned it down. So maybe we are splitting hairs over 1 year. In the great scheme of things that's not a lot. I'm not sure which other defenders are out there that would be an upgrade and affordable given our current situation. Personally, it's good to see players who want to stay and fight for us. From what I saw last season he played like he wanted to win. 

• Like 2

A bit of hopium here, but would the "3-year deal" announced by the club actually be a 2+1?

Either way, I'm happy that he's extended as long as we appoint a manager who can use him properly

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, adamkhalifa said:

Can't believe we issued a 3 year contract, based on one seasons performance.

For an out of contract player. I doubt it's on reduced wage or spread of costs. He would have been able to get other clubs on the higher wage bracket possibly.

As mentioned previously, this is like an Enzo endorsement. Before he went sailing off to Chelsea. 

There is always one mishap by us. I hope this is the only one. This year. 

If he’s as poor as many claim who would be offering £70k plus a week?

6 hours ago, shen said:

It's not mental. At worst it's a year longer than what most would've liked, but we don't know the actual terms of the contract, so we are speculating on very little information.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is on reduced wages, with the trade-off being an extra year on his contract so the total value stays the same. 

We would then get to reduce our wage bill and even have secured him for longer.

Maybe there is a clause allowing him to leave early for some pay off if it all goes pearshaped. Maybe there is some safety with reduced wages upon relegation or even realistic release clauses - we just don't and likely never will know. 

wel said 

A deal spread over three years on a reduced basic does give him the opportunity to earn more in the longer term with appearance and loyalty bonuses even if the basic works out the same. Also if his basic is spread over three rather than two years there may be tax advantages 

• Like 1

vestergarde and kristiansen both playing 90 in a 3-1 win against haaland and odergard is a pretty good indication. 

He’s in the form of his life and it would have been silly to let him walk for free. I wonder if he had been signed for free if we would be saying it was a daft deal or we would be thinking it’s a good move in our situation. 

There’s likely to be a few other free transfers like this that might not be the most exciting but well needed for the campaign. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

vestergarde and kristiansen both playing 90 in a 3-1 win against haaland and odergard is a pretty good indication. 

He’s in the form of his life and it would have been silly to let him walk for free. I wonder if he had been signed for free if we would be saying it was a daft deal or we would be thinking it’s a good move in our situation. 

There’s likely to be a few other free transfers like this that might not be the most exciting but well needed for the campaign. 

Vesty looked like a rock and Victor looked steady. It's hardly tournament football at this stage but no hint that Vesty's pace was an issue for Denmark. 

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Vesty looked like a rock and Victor looked steady. It's hardly tournament football at this stage but no hint that Vesty's pace was an issue for Denmark. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qH5CEWg2U2k&pp=ygUOZGVubWFyayBub3J3YXk%3D

very nice assist from VK. 8min odd in the video.   I really think we need to keep him. Did this for bologna countless times.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qH5CEWg2U2k&pp=ygUOZGVubWFyayBub3J3YXk%3D

very nice assist from VK. 8min odd in the video.   I really think we need to keep him. Did this for bologna countless times.  

Not too different to this, when everyone says he was poor for us - https://youtu.be/jyNZxilP0AI?t=146 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lfu said:

A bit of hopium here, but would the "3-year deal" announced by the club actually be a 2+1?

Either way, I'm happy that he's extended as long as we appoint a manager who can use him properly

This. With the wrong manager he will be a liability. Played correctly, could be very effective.

I doubt he's getting as much as he was initially though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, murphy said:

This Contract will take him up to the age of 34.  I'm just a bit worried that he might lose a yard of pace... 

I wonder what Vestergaard losing a yard of pace would look like. Does he just stand still?

• Haha 1

Only watched the 2nd half, but it was evident that Denmark played with 3 CBs, with Vesty on the left and VK ahead of him. They also defended quite deep, so lack of pace wasn't going to be an issue.

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

Only watched the 2nd half, but it was evident that Denmark played with 3 CBs, with Vesty on the left and VK ahead of him. They also defended quite deep, so lack of pace wasn't going to be an issue.

I reckon he and Coady would love it in a 3 sat proper deep next season. Stink the place out why don’t we