Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

8 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

I don’t buy the ‘replacement for Vardy’ talk. He could just play LW until Vardy went off and then switch to striker if that was the case.

Cooper doesn’t trust him defensively, BDR does the defensive work, simple as that. Not saying it’s right but that’s the way it is at the moment.

wouldn't be surprised to see Ayew start on the left vs Villa. 

Where has this myth come from? He’s far less effective at defending than Mavididi is!! 

I agree with the Ayew comment though. Personally I just don’t think Cooper likes Mavididi. Don’t forget he was trying to bring Zaha in as a LW. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

A player with 20 goal assists last season should not be on the bench. Mavididi should be starting. Find another solution for Vardys back up.

Yeh agreed. He’s got Ayew who can operate in that role, hold the ball up and be nuisance at centre forward. Against Villa he should do that - start with Vardy and replace when he’s knackered with Ayew. Then play Mavididi on the left from the beginning. He’ll contribute way more than Reid who was only an occasional LW and more much frequently a rotation RW option at Fulham. 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Think he scored 2 great goals on his first 2 games he played last season and then he had an injury......just because he doesn't aimlessly run around you think he's rubbish 

looks slow and one paced 

needs a loan spell back in the championship to help develop 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

He did OK last season. 

He's about as ready for the Premier League as Alves and Braybrooke. 

People really need to stop putting the expectation on kids to save us. 

They hopefully all will have great futures but the best thing for them and us, both in terms of on field and their market values, is loan time getting played every week. 

I’m not putting on anyone to save us I just don’t want to sell Cannon. He’s the future hopefully and we’ve only just got him either put the time in to this young ones we sign or don’t bother. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Sorry mate, but what total tripe. Even worse, you've attempted to patronise people whilst posting such tripe. 

First off I'm not patronising people. It gets so irritating when people are saying why he doesn't play etc etc. Like there isn't a reason, just Cooper being an idiot. I've been around on Foxes Talk for many years to understand that's over 50% of our fan base but it just got to me today. If people did feel patronised then I apologise.

Secondly, you've said what a load of tripe but not given any reason for it. Would love to hear your opinion.

A

44 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Brilliant when he came on - needs to start.

Why did we stop giving him the ball after the goal though when it was very clearly their right back and McGinn were struggling with him?

Also did his tracking back well.  Actually could work well with him starting some games and coming on in others to make an impact.  

Balls to anyone who thinks he can't make the step up.  

He makes things happen and if we're going to score goals and stay up this season, we need players on the pitch who can make things happen.

• Like 3

Attacks with purpose.

Tracks back and defends with intensity too.

The fact he hasn’t been starting is a genuine disgrace. We should be building around him.

Of course he isn’t perfect, but he wouldn’t be playing for us if he was! We are wasting his progress by not making him the main man.

Just bring one of the numpties like Ayew or BDCR in when he’s tired.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Have Ayew or Reid coming on, not the other way round. 

This is a potential problem we’re gonna have this season I feel. 

Are they impactful enough players to change a game, probably not. Mavididi has strengths that make him a perfect impact substitute, pace and 1 vs 1 ability against tired defences. Unlikely that Ayew and Reid will give us anything like that, especially Reid. 

• Like 2

Its very strange to me that we are picking Cordoba-Reid instead of Mav.

I get a new manager has to come in, freshen things up and change a few things, but a 3 year old who hasnt achieved much for a player who had a very good season and his best ever? 

It makes little sense.

I actually think Mav was very prone to games where he completely went missing last season, or he'd have good 10 minute spells.

He was great when he came on yesterday.

perhaps him being dropped, not having the certainty of starting every game, is what he needed. Seems to have injected some life in to him and he's definitely got to have earned himself a start now. We've got people to challenge his position if he's not having a good game now which should give him incentive.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I thought out of the two of them, it would be Fatawu that settled quicker into the league.

Mavididi looks completely at home.

Mavididi only ever struggled against low blocks. When the opposition comes at us he usually excels.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kingfox said:

This is a potential problem we’re gonna have this season I feel. 

Are they impactful enough players to change a game, probably not. Mavididi has strengths that make him a perfect impact substitute, pace and 1 vs 1 ability against tired defences. Unlikely that Ayew and Reid will give us anything like that, especially Reid. 

I hate the concept of leaving your best players to be impact subs. It's daft. 

If he starts you can push a team back from the offset, what's the point in having impact subs for when you're two nil down because you started the game with no attacking impetus and had no threat? 

He has to start. Ayew and Reid shouldn't be anywhere near the starting lineup unless we're trying to just park the bus and salvage a draw in a midweek away game when Fatawu or Mavididi are tired and need rotation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1