Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

28 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Think Vards will be thinking what Enzo is thinking as in we won the game move on, but in those tighter games, better decisions are needed.

..yes there is another game coming up, but he has to address the decision that he made because if it gets buried under the carpet it will only repeat itself once again!!!

The second situation where he elected to go on his own was slightly different, as the support was on both sides but slightly behind so perhaps not in his periphery. But it does need to be addressed as a team because KDH did the same thing with Mavididi when he was open in a previous game. It really is not about the individual, it needs to be spelt out..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

I think he'll struggle against prem teams, with accomplished full backs. But certainly adds a bit of unpredictability about our play. Just needs to work on his awareness when attacking. I'm sure Vards will remind him of that. But a good start to his Leicester career so far certainly.

I understand the obvious difference in class (mainly the lack of finishing) but bar the so called “top 6/7” most clubs FB’s aren’t that much better IMO.

There is some right dross in the PL so will (hopefully) be very exciting to see how Stephy steps up.

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 2

At this level he is a handful, he’s not without flaws which is probably why he had to go to France to work on his game. 

Too early to tell if he could step up to the premier league, as it stands I would say no, but if he improves and cleans up certain areas of his game, then he could develop into a decent winger. 

• Like 1

It’s great to have a winger with some tricks again. Lookman brought a few but Barnes doesn’t really have many at all. Mavididi has got lots of tricks, as has Fatawu and hopefully Akgün. It’s not only great for us fans, their unpredictability is absolutely key to Enzo’s game. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

At this level he is a handful, he’s not without flaws which is probably why he had to go to France to work on his game. 

Too early to tell if he could step up to the premier league, as it stands I would say no, but if he improves and cleans up certain areas of his game, then he could develop into a decent winger. 

But you are bound to say No...

You haven't yet discovered the word yes...well..!  One presumes so,or you haven't yet reached Y in the dictionary..

Up till now I haven't once in your posts in these past 2 seasons, registered a nice positive solid yes..:whistle:  lol.

Mind you I do agree, though like 90% of our young team,flaws are still in his basic game,but like all our wingers they have to find themselves into team tactics,rythme  & teammates movement..Let's be fair it's a new aproach for everyone & there is a fine line..between  right timing,playing your teammates in,or looking to choose the glory road. They are wingers,being greedy is a natural trait,which many other fans see as positive, and at present maybe also the Manager,contrair to Rugby, Football wingers do alot of the work to open up & create that space or chance,"greedy"

now & again,usually if missing the opportunity,it still pressurises the opposition,and makes for entertaining football..Don't we all want to see players taking on the oppo, creating that moment.

And last week's goal for me is not receiving the credit it deserves...any known recognised top player,all fans would be drooling over it..

For me bloody marvellous, beat 2 men in your own half,open the play to drive forward at pace,then Cooley stick it in the back of the net, wasn't that a 10 second wow moment.??

On 18/09/2023 at 11:36, funkyrobot said:

It’s great to have a winger with some tricks again. Lookman brought a few but Barnes doesn’t really have many at all. Mavididi has got lots of tricks, as has Fatawu and hopefully Akgün. It’s not only great for us fans, their unpredictability is absolutely key to Enzo’s game. 

Looking forward to seeing Alves, when he’s back, run at defenders too!

• Like 1

On 18/09/2023 at 06:36, Ric Flair said:

His shooting technique needs work, he's not managed to connect with a number of shots. That can be worked upon though, I like pretty much all of the rest of his game. 

He will do well here.

He gets into some great positions to be fair to him. I think he'll get a hattrick here this season. One of them games where it all clicks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

We were already easily winning when he didn’t square the ball anyway so it wasn’t that bad. If he did it against Liverpool in our cup game against them when we had a chance to go. 2-1 up then you would have me seeing red.

...I always find this view hard to understand!!!

If it was a case of just not being aware in that instance then you would write it off and take a look in the next day's analysis of why it happened. It was a choice that he made and it was a poor one and you look to stamp that type of selfishness out as it means it is going to happen again, even when games are so tight, to give us the victory.

39 minutes ago, iancognito said:

What's the words to his song, can never quite make it out

Enzo went to Europe in a Lamborghini 

he came back with a left winger

stephy mavadidi

he scores them with his left foot

he scores them with his right

and when we win the championship

we will sing this song all night

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MPH said:

I can only assume he was scouted by Man City and deemed not good enough for them.  There’s no way our scouting network pulled this one out of the hat!

I've assumed that about all of the signings since Maresca arrived. They have fitted too well with his style of play to think anything else.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So your saying the likes Akgun and Casadei, Winks and Coady were scouted by Man C.

Not a chance.

Scouting systems scout everyone looking for particular attributes.

I'm sure that all of those players will have shown up as having the correct ones for the style of play even if Man City have no intention of signing them.