Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

8 minutes ago, kenny said:

Scouting systems scout everyone looking for particular attributes.

I'm sure that all of those players will have shown up as having the correct ones for the style of play even if Man City have no intention of signing them.

Having a list of players who have attributes which have been pick out by algorithm isn't vastly different from actually scouting someone. 

But if it makes you happy to believe Man City scouted them, fair play to you.

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Having a list of players who have attributes which have been pick out by algorithm isn't vastly different from actually scouting someone. 

But if it makes you happy to believe Man City scouted them, fair play to you.

Why would Man City want to overlook possible gems in the lower leagues because of preconceived ideas. Particularly as they need to sign and sell players to maintain some modicum of sticking to FFP.

I would be more shocked if their extensive scouting network wasn't aware of them.

Furthermore there are 12 clubs in the group playing at various different levels, all of which look for players.

17 minutes ago, kenny said:

Why would Man City want to overlook possible gems in the lower leagues because of preconceived ideas. Particularly as they need to sign and sell players to maintain some modicum of sticking to FFP.

I would be more shocked if their extensive scouting network wasn't aware of them.

Like a said if it makes you feel warm inside, you can believe Man C were looking a the likes of Akgun and Madividi.

17 minutes ago, kenny said:

Furthermore there are 12 clubs in the group playing at various different levels, all of which look for players.

Which is different to saying Man City were scouting them.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

So your saying the likes Akgun and Casadei, Winks and Coady were scouted by Man C.

Not a chance.

You don’t just scout the players you sign. You probably scout 10 people for the position you want to fill. And I’m not suggesting he was scouting to go straight into Man City’s first team, but they are known for snapping up  great young players..

Edited by MPH

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

You don’t just scout the players you sign. You probably scout 10 people for the position you want to fill. And I’m not suggesting he was scouting to go straight into Man City’s first team, but they are known for snapping up  great young players..

So you think Madividi would be in the top 10 of a list of wide players Man City would look at........

Who is at 11 in the list Demarai Gray lol

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

the rest of his play is good. If we can get him scoring he can be a Premier League player

I’m not sure it is, he’s so loose and lazy with his passes at times and often runs into players when trying to get past someone

• Like 1

Watching the highlights back of his chances, if he breaks his neck to get inside the 6 yard box or at least get level with the far post he has 2 maybe 3 open goals. Maybe he has been told to hang further out but I doubt it he just needs to show a bit more desire to get into more dangerous areas. McAteer has scored with one header and missed an open goal with another because he got himself inside the 6 yard box 

6 minutes ago, Holly B said:

Watching the highlights back of his chances, if he breaks his neck to get inside the 6 yard box or at least get level with the far post he has 2 maybe 3 open goals. Maybe he has been told to hang further out but I doubt it he just needs to show a bit more desire to get into more dangerous areas. McAteer has scored with one header and missed an open goal with another because he got himself inside the 6 yard box 

He is meant to hold width yes. Obviously he's also meant to attack the box when play is down the other side but he's not always going to get the balance 100% right, he's been playing Enzoball for less than 10 games what's the expectation here? 

And he's been in positions to have more or less open goals several times this season and been ignored by his team mates let's not forget. 

I was a bit harsh on him yesterday, thought he fluffed a few chances at the far post. Actually on watching them back I think he does alright really, lays one off first time to KDH which was the right choice, another the angle wasn't there for the first time left foot shot and two defenders both threw themselves in the way when he got it on his right, keeper made a great reaction save for another. Think he got a bit unlucky. 

Mark is right in that sometimes his passing can be a bit loose but I think you have to be philosophical about it. If he had Winks passing on top of his pace, dribbling, movement et all he wouldn't be here. There's a reason he didn't make it at Arsenal and Juventus. Equally, though, you can see what they saw in him. 

He's one of the first names on the team sheet imo. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I was a bit harsh on him yesterday, thought he fluffed a few chances at the far post. Actually on watching them back I think he does alright really, lays one off first time to KDH which was the right choice, another the angle wasn't there for the first time left foot shot and two defenders both threw themselves in the way when he got it on his right, keeper made a great reaction save for another. Think he got a bit unlucky. 

My assessment, too. During the game I'm wondering how he hasn't scored or assisted with any of them. Watching them back he did exactly all he could do for the pass to KDH, and the second one he just wanted to get it on his more comfortable right foot and then it's well blocked. 

I thought their keeper was pretty good. Not a chance for the penalty but didn't do much else wrong. 

On another day Mavididi has more goal contributions. 

• Thanks 1

Personally don’t think he was unlucky he just isn’t a natural goalscorer ( yet ? )

Vardy would probably have scored all 3 chances at the far post because he would have arrived in the 6 yard box rather than waiting to see what happens 

I would have thought this is easily rectified in terms of coaching but as you say he has only been here 5 mins so plenty of time to sort 

I'd have him drilled forever on those back post scenarios. He's had enough to be top scorer in the league. If he starts to put away just 50% he will get 20 this year with the way we play easy.

Against teams who sit back I would like to see Kasey have a few minutes on that side. It feels like we have real options on both sides. And Kasey seems a bit more technically advanced.

He has never been a natural finisher and knows he needs to brush up on that, reality is if he was a natural finisher he wouldn’t be at Leicester in the championship 

His all round game is coming on and I’m sure with decent coaching he will improve… Vardy is doing lots of one to one stuff with him at the moment, that’s only going to help 

but to be a premier league player he knows his end product has to improve 

Edited by LinekersLugs
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, kenny said:

He has decent pedigree coming through the Arsenal and Juventus academies but never threatened to break through in either.

In Ligue One he's an 8/9 goal a season man if he plays a full season, 25yo but you would think he looks younger as he still looks a bit raw with plenty of ability. I think if we got promoted he's comfortably good enough to be in a side that stays up easily, perhaps even a mid table side. A very good signing on the evidence we've seen so far

For once it looks like you can't complain about any of our business this summer, either they all look good or we haven't seen them yet like Cannon and Coady. Even getting some our loan signings on option to buy is excellent.

He was absolutely dreadful yesterday, second half in particular. Constantly made the wrong decision and gave the ball away. Still, that's most wingers outside of the very elite and you can see that he's generally a quality player at this level and there's potential for him to cut it at Prem level. As with all attackers, it's going to be about his decision making.