Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

4 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

He was absolutely dreadful yesterday, second half in particular. Constantly made the wrong decision and gave the ball away. Still, that's most wingers outside of the very elite and you can see that he's generally a quality player at this level and there's potential for him to cut it at Prem level. As with all attackers, it's going to be about his decision making.

I don’t agree with this. He wasn’t perfect but he was excellent at times. He creates chances for himself and for others which is backed up by the goals and assists he’s already racked up. He could’ve scored 3 yesterday and could’ve assisted a similar of others finished better as well. He beats people with trickery and skill and that by its very nature won’t always be successful. I love to see wingers with tricks and he’s got lots of them.

• Like 1

Both Mavididi, Fatawu and (despite ltd time on the pitch ) Akgun have a lot of tenacity and discipline defensively - aswell as tricks and pace going forward. It was what I liked about Lookman aswell. It feels like that must have been the brief from Maresca and we've found them from 3 different European leagues - so the club deserves some credit

I can imagine after they get up to speed we are going to have just too much for the championship. 

12 hours ago, Gerard said:

He has decent pedigree coming through the Arsenal and Juventus academies but never threatened to break through in either.

In Ligue One he's an 8/9 goal a season man if he plays a full season, 25yo but you would think he looks younger as he still looks a bit raw with plenty of ability. I think if we got promoted he's comfortably good enough to be in a side that stays up easily, perhaps even a mid table side. A very good signing on the evidence we've seen so far

For once it looks like you can't complain about any of our business this summer, either they all look good or we haven't seen them yet like Cannon and Coady. Even getting some our loan signings on option to buy is excellent.

...25 years old and having been through two big academies, he still cannot shoot across the keeper, or has the composure to steer the ball into the net, rather than needlessly using pace to shoot!!!

Take that crazy decision making out of his game and the goals will come, as well as better decision making.

As an inverted winger, his ace in the hole is the curled shot across the keeper, drawing it in from the keepers back post. He has tried to do this and failed spectacularly, ending up blazing the ball away from the goal. At his age he should not be needing coaches to remedy this, it should have been an intrinsic weapon in his armoury long before he ended his academy days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

Both Mavididi, Fatawu and (despite ltd time on the pitch ) Akgun have a lot of tenacity and discipline defensively - aswell as tricks and pace going forward. It was what I liked about Lookman aswell. It feels like that must have been the brief from Maresca and we've found them from 3 different European leagues - so the club deserves some credit

I can imagine after they get up to speed we are going to have just too much for the championship. 

I know that we’ve picked up some decent wingers because i’ve not seen a single post suggesting we just play albrighton.  

Which has been a consistent post over the last 5 years 

• Like 1

We’re playing in the championship, we’re not going to have the finished article come here.

The best we can do, is find gems who our coaching staff can improve…

With that needs to be patients, as players like Mavididi look to improve, he will be inconsistent.

I actually think his floors, are some of the easiest for a quality coach and players like Vardy around to coach into a player. Then with a bit of hard work on both the club and players part, we could have one hell of a player on our hands - this goes for all of the wingers currently at the club.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

He'll do a job this season but he's nowhere near good for the Premier league I don't think. Buts that's fine, we need him to contribute this season if nothing else. 

Completely agree.. Heskey said he was better than Barnes didn't he? Absolute joke that if he did 

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

He'll do a job this season but he's nowhere near good for the Premier league I don't think. Buts that's fine, we need him to contribute this season if nothing else. 

I partly agree. But I think there's growth potential. Under the tutelage of Enzo. Wingers are always hot and cold beasts. You can never trust em. 

• Like 1

Frustrating today but sometimes it's just not your day while everyone around you is on their game.

Given we've won there's no need to have a go at him or lump on any hate for him. We've seen that he can be really electric and make a difference. Just needs to find that consistency but perhaps some time out of the team will make him hungrier to find some form...

He's always going to be a frustrating player and most the game he was getting doubled up on, their right winger was constantly tracking him back. 

Tough night but he didn't necessarily do anything wrong. 

I have noticed he seems to be quite hard in himself though and will let his head drop after a mistake

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mark said:

Head in hands every week with Mavididi. So loose in everything he does, so many bad choices on the ball. Yunus, Fatawu and McAteer by far better options

Mate We won 3 nil. Playing some incredibly sexy stuff 2nd half. We have just won 9 out of 10 an unprecedented acivement in the clubs history and pretty much the history of the championship. We are now 5 to 1 on for promotion. And you're ONLY contribution to the board tonight is to dish out a player out a player who is playing pretty well and already has 4 goals and assists. 

Very strange behaviour. 

• Like 4

played link up with Ndidi first half which just wasn't working, normally KDH territory, it's when KDH moved back to his normal position that we got joy down that side. Barnes had his fair share of games where he looked terrible, but it was generally down to him getting little support, I'm still a fan.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

So it Madividi turn tonight, enjoy the win rather than looking for someone to put down.

The boring nob heads really don’t have anything better to do. He was hot and cold tonight but so what, he’ll play a huge part in our promotion this year. 

• Like 2