Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

Some of the criticism of Stephy's performance last night is OTT.

In the first half, he was our main threat of a breakthrough. Despite their packed defence, he got through several times, which we weren't achieving by other means.

It's true that he then didn't find the final ball. That might've been partly poor judgment on his part, but Preston were packing their box with bodies and we often didn't have many runners - so his options were generally limited.

He faded in the second half and was rightly subbed - and we found other routes to goal, but he gave Preston a headache in the first half.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought he was our best outfield player today, along with Winks and KDH. His best game for a while and deserved a goal.

He's so dangerous when teams dare have a bit of a go against us.

Thought he had the right back bricking it every time he got it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought he was our best outfield player today, along with Winks and KDH. His best game for a while and deserved a goal.

He's so dangerous when teams dare have a bit of a go against us.

I felt he simplified his game today, and looked a lot better for it. For example, he focussed on beating one man and then playing a pass rather than trying to do too much. His play for that Vardy chance was top notch and I can't believe he didn't score that one !

Maresca has called him out for his lack of consistency, so let's see what his next few games are like. He was really good today, first half especially.

• Like 1

He’s a decent player but you can see why he didn’t make it at Arsenal and juventus but looked decent in the french league, I think he try’s to make things abit too complicated just think if he simplified a few bits of his game he would be alot more clinical 

Edited by Thebluefox85
  • Like 1

Enzo said he'd worked with the wingers on their decision making over the international break and it showed. I thought after the first couple of games he'd be one that would need benching occasionally as a kick up the bum and that opinion hasn't changed. With Kasey out and maybe Yunus now too Enzo's not had chance to rotate as much so his comments about him being 50% were probably his next best hit.

He's always going to be compared against that Saints performance so it'll be interesting to see if he takes the comments on board and tries to get up to those levels again.

On 22/10/2023 at 00:51, StriderHiryu said:

I felt he simplified his game today, and looked a lot better for it. For example, he focussed on beating one man and then playing a pass rather than trying to do too much. His play for that Vardy chance was top notch and I can't believe he didn't score that one !

the defender knicked it off his toe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

The amount of work this guy does is brilliant at times. Thought he was excellent at times today, providing real threat and getting through a lot of defensive work as well.

Completely agree. Thought he was outstanding tonight, hope he’s not getting too demoralised with not scoring or assisting, his contribution in the last couple games has been superb 💪🏻

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t rate him. Said all along I’ve had concerns about him, he’s a bang average player who occasionally comes up with something. Overall, not good enough on my opinion. 

There is a reason why he joined us for a mere 6m or so in the Championship. But he has some potential but decision making needs significant upgrade.