Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

I feel like he’s the opposite of barnes. His end product will likely never be good enough for the top level. 

Decent enough for the championship but when you get half as many attacking opportunities in the prem, he won’t get away with being that wasteful. 

The only players in the squad i wouldn’t be upgrading would be : Hermansen, faes, ricardo, winks, KDH, Fatawu. 

we will have a big job on our hands when we go up.

fwiw i’ve not made a proper judgement on yunus yet, i think he will turn out to be good enough 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I do not think playing this way that he needs to support, the 2 #8s and the pivot are enough to support the wingers!!!

With the wingers receiving the ball with their stronger feet, they will be moving the ball quicker with one or two touches, with a better angle and understanding with slipping a pass through the CB and the full-back. They (the wingers) would be on their toes, not giving the defence or their keeper time to think, I think they would have a field day.

I agree, but this can only happen if the ball is passed forward into those spaces quickly, this I can’t see happening anytime soon. 

He's good. Wingers are always frustrating to watch because it's a position that really highlights the 1v1 duels and no player is successful with every take on. The problem is more that, much as I'm liking the Wilf renaissance, none of our midfielders are really right for the number 8 role in this system. The striker drops deep and I know that frustrates everyone but that's a sensible and deliberate ploy (although I think they do sometimes come too deep), to draw out the CBs and allow the 8s to run in behind. However, very rarely do you see these runs being made and giving the wingers runs to find. Too often it's actually the wingers cutting in off the wings instead (watch how often Mavididi and Fatawu make those inside runs off the ball when we have it in the winks position), meaning that they're often forced after winning the 1v1 to turn back to the supporting wide defender. 

• Like 1

Guest nathan.

What are people seeing with Mavididi?

He gets numerous chances every game to create goal scoring opportunities but ****s it up nearly every time.

13 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I feel like he’s the opposite of barnes. His end product will likely never be good enough for the top level. 

Decent enough for the championship but when you get half as many attacking opportunities in the prem, he won’t get away with being that wasteful. 

The only players in the squad i wouldn’t be upgrading would be : Hermansen, faes, ricardo, winks, KDH, Fatawu. 

we will have a big job on our hands when we go up.

fwiw i’ve not made a proper judgement on yunus yet, i think he will turn out to be good enough 

I'd add Doyle to that list too.

With a tweak in system and change emphasis in certain players Wilf and KDH will be important for us. 

On 02/12/2023 at 14:27, UniFox21 said:

Needs benching for a game 

Completely contrasting player from a week ago.

Actually seemed up for it, taking his man on and being a nuisance to Plymouth. 

Not confident of his penalty taking, but second goal was a great finish. 

How poster's underrate to even trying to demean his worth is crazy... 

He is one of the first outlets.. He puts pressure on the opposition by atacking

the left side last 3rd..

IMO one of our best and exciting players... Of course his runs fade out, they would if we are not getting others in the box, wouldn't they... That's not his fault but when he moves so does the team. More goals yes, but 2 were OK, last game... 

Barnes attacks faded too quickly.. but he was not well used.. Enzo has more wingers in his side... Mavdidi gets through the shit and hard work but puts us on the front foot.. FATAWU/Mcateer young guns both with magic in brain & foot, but don't yet get through Stephis work. Though easy to fall for Fatawu.. His bursts are dynamic, But Mavadidi is also explosive... 

Posters chase single negatives instead of looking at his whole game.. 

Like all our players, they have the next step next season before them. Future opinions mean diddly squat at the moment... 

THis seasons task is incomplete, 

Moaning opinions for the future are burnt seeds on stoney ground, no matter how much they are put out.. Our wingers have so far, all done a good job.. They has a collective are one of the top reasons we are with breathing space in the top 2.

Strange thing.. Despite our defensive triangle frailitis.. and some seemingly pathetic backline

on ball decisions... We are conceding less...!! 🤔

Next season a different challenge, with a more experienced group plus new investments... That book isn't yet written. At present, like Enzo, not anything that concerns us. 

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Still never seen him hit the ball cleanly, even his second goal wasn’t great technique. But I really enjoy him trying to do some outrageous stuff, whilst also looking like he is enjoying playing for the club himself.

Sadly that is a technique thing, not hating on Stephy but that’s the sort of thing that you learn growing up not at 25.

In a weird way, he hits that shot cleaner and it doesn’t go in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

Sadly that is a technique thing, not hating on Stephy but that’s the sort of thing that you learn growing up not at 25.

Yes I thought that too, probably same with the penalty!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

Surely technique is something that can be greatly improved even at an advanced age. Vardy should be plenty proof of that.

10 minutes ago, shen said:

Surely technique is something that can be greatly improved even at an advanced age. Vardy should be plenty proof of that.

I kinda get what you’re saying but Vardy’s technique is actually quite good, you don’t score some of his goals (Liverpool, Spurs as a few examples) with a poor technique.

I’m not denying Stephy could improve his shooting technique but wouldn’t bet on it and doubt you’d see him score some of those above goals.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I kinda get what you’re saying but Vardy’s technique is actually quite good, you don’t score some of his goals (Liverpool, Spurs as a few examples) with a poor technique.

I’m not denying Stephy could improve his shooting technique but wouldn’t bet on it and doubt you’d see him score some of those above goals.

That's my point though. He scored those goals after 3+ years with us. His technique wasn't THAT good when he first arrived at 25.

17 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Completely contrasting player from a week ago.

Actually seemed up for it, taking his man on and being a nuisance to Plymouth. 

Not confident of his penalty taking, but second goal was a great finish. 

There always..yeh great but..why can’t posters just be happy in ringing out the plaudits…an£ not come with flat liners

like Taggart on commentary, over Fatawu…

29 minutes ago, shen said:

That's my point though. He scored those goals after 3+ years with us. His technique wasn't THAT good when he first arrived at 25.

Vardy put everything he could into improving his game to make it at a higher level. I don't get the impression Mavididi would do the same, he's incredibly loose at times for instance you'd expect some of these things to be ironed out early 20s

• Like 1