Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

19 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

He's miles better than Barnes especially regarding his diagonal runs inside and finishing. The major issue most of these wingers have is the final pass decision when they're into the box or just outside of it and he needs to improve on it. It's at times frustrating to see him (like Barnes) have a complete blackout when it comes to this final pass. 

I don't expect KDB quality though. Just a bit more quality in this area. 

No comparable evidence 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

He's miles better than Barnes especially regarding his diagonal runs inside and finishing. The major issue most of these wingers have is the final pass decision when they're into the box or just outside of it and he needs to improve on it. It's at times frustrating to see him (like Barnes) have a complete blackout when it comes to this final pass. 

'Miles' better than Barnes?

I like Stephy, but he's not better than Barnes is he? Certainly not miles better anyway! lol

• Like 3

Barnes stopped progressing and regressed, whether that was down to sub standard coaching ala Brendan or his mindset who knows but we got some money for him and he is no longer here so who cares.

We now have two good wingers and some back up on the bench.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

I like Stephy, but he's not better than Barnes is he? Certainly not miles better anyway! lol

It will be interesting to see Mavididi in the PL next year. As good as Barnes was on his day, he also dropped a lot of stinkers whereas Mavididi at his worst is just ineffective going forwards but still works his arse off tracking back.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Barnes stopped progressing and regressed, whether that was down to sub standard coaching ala Brendan or his mindset who knows but we got some money for him and he is no longer here so who cares.

We now have two good wingers and some back up on the bench.

Regressed?

He got 14 G/A in an absolutely woeful team last year...hardly regression is it?

He was far from perfect...Stephy may even end up better I don't know, but he is a very good wide forward at PL level if you can play to his strengths.

• Like 4

I'm really enjoying watching Mavididi. I thought I'd massively miss watching Barnes and was gutted to lose him (I think we knew Mads was going). 

I would love to see Barnes in our current system. I think, like Mavididi, he would have been devastating as he would have seen much more of the ball. 

You never know we might get him back as I don't think it will work out for him at Newcastle and if we continue to play this style next season we will need Prem quality players and its in the attacking areas you make substitutions. Basically I'm not sure we've got enough Prem quality out wide as Kasey is unproven. 

I'd have also liked to see if Barnes could play 8. 

• Like 1

It’s early days can’t compare as Barnes has played way more and so his stats are quite high. Mavs is showing a lotta potential and he will still get even better. If he stays on this trajectory he will be insane in the premier league. 

read about his interview in the Mercury today. He’s had quite an unsettled past career wise and life. He’s in a happy place now which is good for us. Let’s keep supporting him every game he needs it and we need him.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

You  are right! He's not miles better than Barnes. He is light years ahead of Barnes! 

Edited by KP Fox
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Just recently I reckon Mavididi has proved he’s wide awake when entering the box.

Stephy at present has started to work out & overcome „winger-blackouts“

Lets be honest,his form on descisions ( with others) has driven the foxes to the top

of the tree & keeping us there…Why fans bother to nick pick,where top clubs players would be handed out all the plaudits…

Its seems cloth cap Foxes fans are scared of being caught of jumping up & down,

shouting their own players names..

We/Enzo invested has one sees now cleverly invested time,squad After thoughts,

into Wing play..First time in years we are seeing our boys out flank ,out middle,out pace 95% of our opposition…Forget the blackouts,ourbtactics are rubber stamping

whitewashes.. Fatawu-Mavididi  flying raids have got a few defences running scared..

We can’t actually be comparing Stephy and Barnes on here surely?

One has played in the PL for the past few seasons and now on the books at a progressive Newcastle….another is back in England after mixed seasons on loan in various leagues overseas.

We don’t need to knock Barnes when saying we’re hopefully going to enjoy Stephy down the LW for a good couple more seasons (hopefully in the PL like Barnes).

As others have stated…..I’d like to see a winger with similar attributes come in if we do get promoted as a big concern over recent years has been our over reliance on only having one out and out winger in Barnes, obviously wasn’t as noticeable when had Lookman on loan.

Edited by SafewayFox

Love Mavididi but I cannot for the life of me work out why so many Foxestalk posts are so oblivious to the difference between Premier League and Championship. 

It happened when we signed what most of us knew to be unbelievably good players for this division in the summer. Oh I've seen him play crap for Spurs in the Champions League so Winks will be shit against Rotherham.

Then now comparing Mavididi to Harvey Barnes. Mavididi has all the potential to do well in the Premier League under Enzo but he's failed continuously at a level where Barnes hasn't. It really does go without saying this stuff really. 

• Like 3

I think the biggest question with Mavididi is his decision making, it's in his head.

He has fantastic physicality, can easily ride challenges and has plenty of tekkers (I cringe using that word, but I think it's succinct).

I think we are seeing improvements with him, and hope to see more. I'm sure he's benefiting from a coaching team that seem able to identify players weaknesses and actually improve them.

He’s doing well at this level, but…. I’m still not convinced he would be good at premier league level. He’s too inconsistent at this…. 

Both he and Fatawu remind me a little bit of Tony K and Mahrez, Mavididi is more the Tony K type of player, does well at this level, but you can see that he’s likely to not be able to replicate the form in the premier league. 

Fatawu I think will, he’s far more dynamic he just needs to add a few more goals to his game.