Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

18 minutes ago, hejammy said:

A great article/video about him. I love the bit about 'light at the end of the tunnel' we've all been there in some shape or form

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67761631.amp

That is a great little watch.

He seems almost relieved to be here and very hungry to make the most of the opportunity.

We could have a top player on our hands if he keeps improving.

• Like 1

Deserves credit again today, really key to many of our dangerous attacks.

You just need to scroll this thread to see I've been critical of him. But he seems to have hit up another gear. Consistently now putting in great performances with skill and work rate. 

He's 25, so still plenty of time for him to mature and develop.

• Like 3

Fatawu is the better player on the ball, and with his defensive work rate (not that Madvididi doesn't do his bit) but Madividi has the greater end product. No surprise it's Fatawu who gets the plaudits from Leicester fans.

Madvididi is frustrating But he is getting numbers recently. If we had another option he probably should've come off today though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

12 goal contribution in 24 games (8 goals, 4 assists).

Boy is doing great.

He should have more assists given the opportunities that open up to him. The pass to set Daka up first half was great but we rarely see that, second half he had two chances to set up a chance but the pass went to no one. He's doing so much better now than a few months ago though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

12 goal contribution in 24 games (8 goals, 4 assists).

Boy is doing great.

He’s getting better every game.

Good out of possession too.

I thought he was one of those; ‘very good Championship wingers’, but I’m changing my tune on that one…

• Like 1

Can't really criticise him because of his numbers of goals and assists. He creates so much from his own skill and pace. That said there were a couple of opportunities today where he beat his man a few times in the second half and held on to the ball for too long instead of releasing it. If he had perfect decision making every time then I guess he wouldn't be plying his trade in the Championship. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Fatawu is the better player on the ball, and with his defensive work rate (not that Madvididi doesn't do his bit) but Madividi has the greater end product. No surprise it's Fatawu who gets the plaudits from Leicester fans.

Madvididi is frustrating But he is getting numbers recently. If we had another option he probably should've come off today though. 

In what way is he better on the ball?

I also say they are pretty equal on workrate. 

Odd element in our fan base seems to want to bash Madividi who is a massive part of what we have done this season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

In what way is he better on the ball?

I also say they are pretty equal on workrate. 

Odd element in our fan base seems to want to bash Madividi who is a massive part of what we have done this season.

I would say Fatawu is more reliable when receiving the ball and recycling possession. 

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

He should have more assists given the opportunities that open up to him. The pass to set Daka up first half was great but we rarely see that, second half he had two chances to set up a chance but the pass went to no one. He's doing so much better now than a few months ago though.

I think he's look more comfortable and at home.

Listen to his interviews he didn't enjoy being abroad and seems a complicated character, think he's seem more settled which is reflected in his performance.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Astonished if he doesn't get player of the month. About hundred goals and assists.

Said to my son earlier, he's got 4 goals I'm December and some assists. Obviously that's gone up to 5 goals now.. has to be player of the month.. no doubt it'll end up with summerville as apparently we all know Leeds have the best players 

I thought a month ago he looks decent at this level, but will struggle In the prem and fatawu will shine... but he's really impressed me of late.

Just needs to improve his decision making.. there was a moment when he could have played the ball to casadei in acres of space just to his right.. but instead tried to take on 3 players again.. brush up on little bits like that and he'll do well when we go up

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I would say Fatawu is more reliable when receiving the ball and recycling possession. 

Madividi pass competition so far not including today is 78.3%, Fatawu is 74.0% is not sure thats the case.

If you had said Fatawu was better a 1 on 1 takes ons I'd agree with you as edges those stats.

But Madividi edges the passing stats.

Defensive Madividi is ahead on blocks and tackles stats wise, but Fatawu edges clearance, and interception.

Fatawu definitely edges aerial duels.

I'd say they both work hard defensively but have different styles and attributes on that front.

Screenshot_20231226_224156_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231226_224235_Chrome.jpg

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Madividi pass competition so far not including today is 78.3%, Fatawu is 74.0% is not sure thats the case.

If you had said Fatawu was better a 1 on 1 takes ons I'd agree with you.

But Madividi edges the passing stats.

Defensive Madividi is ahead on blocks and tackles stats wise, but Fatawu edges clearance, and interception.

Fatawu definitely edges aerial duels.

I'd say they both work hard defensively but have different styles and attributes on that front.

Screenshot_20231226_224156_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231226_224235_Chrome.jpg

Surely Fatawu’s pass completion was ruined when he went through that very weird patch of just hitting floated balls to the far post (no man’s land)?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Simonb said:

Said to my son earlier, he's got 4 goals I'm December and some assists. Obviously that's gone up to 5 goals now.. has to be player of the month.. no doubt it'll end up with summerville as apparently we all know Leeds have the best players 

I thought a month ago he looks decent at this level, but will struggle In the prem and fatawu will shine... but he's really impressed me of late.

Just needs to improve his decision making.. there was a moment when he could have played the ball to casadei in acres of space just to his right.. but instead tried to take on 3 players again.. brush up on little bits like that and he'll do well when we go up

When you consider the lad has only worked with Enzo for six months, there is every chance he gets better.

Been one of the better players for me this year.