Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

9 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I would say Fatawu is more reliable when receiving the ball and recycling possession. 

By recycling do you mean giving it back to the oppo so we can win it back again? 

Personally feel Mavididi is the far more accomplished player. When Fatawu gets past people he does it really well but he doesn't do it as often as Mavididi does. 

Nice to be discussing which is better rather than which is worse though, shows they are both doing what we need them too. 

2 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

When you consider the lad has only worked with Enzo for six months, there is every chance he gets better.

Been one of the better players for me this year.

He's brilliant. Just needs to learn to make the right decision as quite often he could release it but tries to run at his man again.

His outputs improving thought and the majority of our attacks run through him. Right up there with our best players at the moment 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Simonb said:

He's brilliant. Just needs to learn to make the right decision as quite often he could release it but tries to run at his man again.

His outputs improving thought and the majority of our attacks run through him. Right up there with our best players at the moment 

You can see the improvement already and his G&A numbers decent. More to come 🙌🙌

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

By recycling do you mean giving it back to the oppo so we can win it back again? 

Personally feel Mavididi is the far more accomplished player. When Fatawu gets past people he does it really well but he doesn't do it as often as Mavididi does. 

Nice to be discussing which is better rather than which is worse though, shows they are both doing what we need them too. 

I agree. 

Fatawu tends to try the same thing to get past his man and quite often he doesn’t and goes backwards. He doesn’t create danger in the final 3rd as consistently as SM does. He does, however, take care of his defensive duties very effectively. 

SM is currently the better player, but is probably closer to his peak than AF. Given his age we don’t know how far the latter can go or even where he’ll be when he’s Mavididi’s age. Fatawu is maybe already ahead of where we could reasonably expect for one so young 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I agree. 

Fatawu tends to try the same thing to get past his man and quite often he doesn’t and goes backwards. He doesn’t create danger in the final 3rd as consistently as SM does. He does, however, take care of his defensive duties very effectively. 

SM is currently the better player, but is probably closer to his peak than AF. Given his age we don’t know how far the latter can go or even where he’ll be when he’s Mavididi’s age. Fatawu is maybe already ahead of where we could reasonably expect for one so young 

Fatawu is (amazing) chaos, and when he beats his man it's beautiful. Mavididi has improved massively, is far more accomplished and is also playing with much more maturity.  Fatawu has been somewhat nullified on the last 2 games, and Mavididi has excelled.

I don't doubt however that Fatawu's chaos creates more opportunities than his goal contributions suggest, and his potential ceiling is much, much higher. He's only 19 for goodness sake!

Guest Col city fan

It looks to be a mental thing, which is probably why he’s not excelled at previous clubs.

When he’s ’on it’ he can’t be stopped in the Championship. I’ve said before that opposition defences will have no idea what he’s going to do (i’m never sure OUR players always know!)

But the exceptional wingers over the years will play like this consistently. 
Mavididi will do something exceptional, then look to get bored? And he’ll disappear for 30 minutes.

Watching the game with our kid last night, we agreed that this won’t really matter at Championship level.

But he’ll be found out in the Premiership. The Walker’s etc will just stand a yard or two off him and let him fall over his own feet.

Of the two, I’d say Fatawu has the more potential to become very good at top level.

But for now, just enjoy the ride 

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Fatawu is (amazing) chaos, and when he beats his man it's beautiful. Mavididi has improved massively, is far more accomplished and is also playing with much more maturity.  Fatawu has been somewhat nullified on the last 2 games, and Mavididi has excelled.

I don't doubt however that Fatawu's chaos creates more opportunities than his goal contributions suggest, and his potential ceiling is much, much higher. He's only 19 for goodness sake!

Precisely! 

Fatawu and Mavididi complement each other really well.

When teams double up on one it creates space for the forward line to exploit- like Mavididi’s goal last night.  

I think the missing link is unearthing a Maddison type who can see / pick out and deliver the final pass.

Hopefully we can secure a permanent deal for Fatawu.Definitely more to come from the lad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Got to be our top goal scorer now?

Yep.

Rank Name Goals Assists Played Goals per 90 MPG Total Shots Goal Conversion Shot Accuracy
Stephy Mavididi
8 4 25 0.37 244 37 22% 59%
Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall
7 9 27 0.30 296 39 18% 51%
Jamie Vardy
7 1 19 0.64 140 19 37% 58%
Kelechi Iheanacho
6 2 21 0.54 166 22 27% 55%
Kasey McAteer
5 0 14 0.59 154 13 38% 54%
Wilfred Ndidi
4 6 23 0.25 357 26 15% 50%
Patson Daka
4 2 7 0.92 98 12 33% 58%
Abdul Fatawu
2 5 21 0.14 644 23 9% 26%
Cesare Casadei
2 1 21 0.22 411 14 14% 43%
Jannik Vestergaard
2 0 23 0.09 1031 11 18% 64%
Harry Winks
2 0 25 0.08 1083 10 20% 40%
Ricardo Pereira
1 2 25 0.04 2036 10 10% 60%
Wanya Marçal
1 0 4 0.32 277 3 33% 33%
James Justin
1 0 21 0.06 1542 4 25% 25%
Wout Faes
1 0 23 0.04 2025 11 9% 36%

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Love how people say he'll not make it in the PL his 25, which means he can still improve and mature.

He improved since he got here, I think he can still go up a level yet.

Also players can improve when playing with better, higher skilled players.

He hasn’t hit his ceiling yet.

Fatawu was excellent and dispite Mavs goal Fatawu was easily the better player. He stuck to hisdefensive duties rigidly and saved two possible goals by his covering in our area.

He also seems to have more tricks in him than Mav who is fairly direct in his approach. Mav took his goal chance brilliantly something Fatawu still has to perfect.

Once he learns to relax when he get's a chance instead of excitedly lashing at the Ball and messing up. All he has to do is hit the target then it's up to the Keeper if he can save it or not.

I'm sure it's something Enzo is working on with him along with improving his secision making.

Delighted to have him here.

26 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Love how people say he'll not make it in the PL his 25, which means he can still improve and mature.

He improved since he got here, I think he can still go up a level yet.

He'd be a decent squad option in the prem for sure. 

His pace and directness are a real asset and would be at any level. His inconsistency will be further highlighted in the prem and thats where you'd likely see him become a a squad option rather than regular starter.

Would have killed for someone like him in the squad last season

• Like 1

I don’t want to be negative because he has been great and doing just what we need… but does anyone else just get the Demarai Gray feels? 

I just don’t think he will consistently enough make either the right decision or have the ability to execute the cross or finish. 

he will get about 1/3 of the opportunities in the prem… he’d get the odd goal but i don’t think he will be more consistent than Gray. 

I hope i’m wrong, because i like the bloke and he works hard. I just can’t shake the feeling though 

Edited by Lambert09

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t want to be negative because he has been great and doing just what we need… but does anyone else just get the Demarai Gray feels? 

I just don’t think he will consistently enough make either the right decision or have the ability to execute the cross or finish. 

he will get about 1/3 of the opportunities in the prem… he’d get the odd goal but i don’t think he will be more consistent than Gray. 

I hope i’m wrong, because i like the bloke and he works hard. I just can’t shake the feeling though 

Same amount of Championship goals (8) and more assists (4) in 24 games (1910 minutes) 

Then Gray got in 3 season 72 games (4620 minutes) 8 goals, 3 assists.

So no not really.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Same amount of Championship goals (8) and more assists (4) in 24 games (1910 minutes) 

Then Gray got in 3 season 72 games (4620 minutes) 8 goals, 3 assists.

So no not really.

Well that’s completely ignoring the step up in division. 

knockaert had better numbers than demarai in the championship as well, didn’t do more in the prem though 

Tbh it's just going to be a wait and see type of deal. Where he will be going up against better players and better teams, we'll also be going up against less (if any) 10 behind the ball sides. Everyone will want to get at us which might give our wingers more space and more counter opportunities. Then it's whether he shines in those situations.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Yep.

Rank Name Goals Assists Played Goals per 90 MPG Total Shots Goal Conversion Shot Accuracy
Stephy Mavididi
8 4 25 0.37 244 37 22% 59%
Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall
7 9 27 0.30 296 39 18% 51%
Jamie Vardy
7 1 19 0.64 140 19 37% 58%
Kelechi Iheanacho
6 2 21 0.54 166 22 27% 55%
Kasey McAteer
5 0 14 0.59 154 13 38% 54%
Wilfred Ndidi
4 6 23 0.25 357 26 15% 50%
Patson Daka
4 2 7 0.92 98 12 33% 58%
Abdul Fatawu
2 5 21 0.14 644 23 9% 26%
Cesare Casadei
2 1 21 0.22 411 14 14% 43%
Jannik Vestergaard
2 0 23 0.09 1031 11 18% 64%
Harry Winks
2 0 25 0.08 1083 10 20% 40%
Ricardo Pereira
1 2 25 0.04 2036 10 10% 60%
Wanya Marçal
1 0 4 0.32 277 3 33% 33%
James Justin
1 0 21 0.06 1542 4 25% 25%
Wout Faes
1 0 23 0.04 2025 11 9% 36%

KDH... 7 goals and 9 assists is insane...

• Like 1

He was good last night but his decision making was often awful, a large part of our loss of his control was from him ALWAYS trying to break. If he’d have been more composed we could have recycled the ball much more often seen the game out.

It wasn’t just him but it lead to the freneticism which didn’t suit us, especially with Akgun and Casadei’s lack of athleticism in the middle - created a big disconnect.

He's certainly getting better as the season goes on. His finishing is massively improving, he works hard and he occupies his full back with good quality movement. 

I still have my doubts on whether he quite has enough to succeed in the Prem, but he certainly deserves a chance. Output of 12 contributions at this stage is not to be sniffed at. Easily worth the cash we paid, as well.