Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

Look if these 2 are still developing and a work in progress at this stage in our season and contributing this much hell yeh they are going to be that good! We have a manager who has experience and nous to take these kinds of players and help them excel to max potential. Look at what he did at man city. As a complete team we are a few small details off from obliterating every team in this league. By season end we should be ready to compete for mid table in the premier league (minimum). I don’t believe for a minute we are gonna do a Burnley no way Jose. I’m very excited & optimistic which feels like it’s been a long time since I’ve felt that way 

Certain aspects of his game he still needs to sort, but over the last month he’s come on leaps and bounds. I wasn’t too sure on him but now he’s really caught my attention. I didn’t think initially he would be able to step up to the premier league, but having seen him over the last few weeks I think he potentially could given a chance. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Certain aspects of his game he still needs to sort, but over the last month he’s come on leaps and bounds. I wasn’t too sure on him but now he’s really caught my attention. I didn’t think initially he would be able to step up to the premier league, but having seen him over the last few weeks I think he potentially could given a chance. 

Yes I was exactly the same. He was a bit too hesitant at times taking a player on or take a risk trusting his pace and strength. Now he seems more Confident in his ability and able to make better decisions. He is also much stronger in the tackle and much more effective in tracking back and defending. With him and Fatawu together I think we might have finally got the wingers we have been seeking for a few years now if they continue to progress. 

“He was brilliant tonight,” Maresca said. “He scored a very good goal, but in the second half, in the last 10 or 15 minutes, he lost two or three balls going one against three, one against four. These are the moments we need to manage better.

“From that action, we lose the ball and concede counter-attacks. It’s a moment when you play every three days with 10 minutes to go where you need to manage a little bit better. He scored a fantastic goal, he played very well, but there are some things he can improve like the situations we mentioned.”

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Well that’s completely ignoring the step up in division. 

knockaert had better numbers than demarai in the championship as well, didn’t do more in the prem though 

So you can compare him with Gray, but I can't because it doesn’t suit you point.

Merely pointing out he numbers are better at the only level they have both played a decent number of games at.

Edited by coolhandfox

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

He was good last night but his decision making was often awful, a large part of our loss of his control was from him ALWAYS trying to break. If he’d have been more composed we could have recycled the ball much more often seen the game out.

It wasn’t just him but it lead to the freneticism which didn’t suit us, especially with Akgun and Casadei’s lack of athleticism in the middle - created a big disconnect.

For me he has the right manager in Enzo to improve that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Can’t argue with his output over the last few games, but I’m still wanting MORE. The boy has so much talent. 

Agree, has great feet, a lovely first touch, lots of tricks.

Listening to his interview about playing aboard his a player who has need some love and a long term home to blossom.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So you can compare him with Gray, but I can't because it doesn’t suit you point.

Merely pointing out he numbers are better at the only level they have both played a decent number of games at.

so weird. I don’t understand why billy sharp was never  the top scorer in the prem :dunno:

• Haha 1

One thing is for sure - how nice is it actually having two wingers either side?

None of this one attacking winger and a more reserved winger on the other flank.

Whether Stephy does (or doesn’t make) the step up, he’s been a shrewd signing which we couldn’t say for quite a few windows yet can confidently say that about a few this summer 👌🏻

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

We have 4 wingers?

:P

You’re spot on mate.

I’ll rephrase it, we have two out and out wingers in Stephy and Fatawu.

I still feel McAteer and probably Akgun will find they’re playing more centrally, they definitely aren’t the same “get you off your seat” style wingers. 

• Like 1

Had one of his quieter games tonight but had two excellent efforts miss by millimetres. Hit the post and pushed one just wide of the post. The latter one perhaps he should’ve squared it to Butch but you can’t blame him for having a go. His nutmeg against NG was different gravy. We’ve not seen tricks like his and Fatawu’s since Mahrez really - Lookman showed flashes but not as much (but he was always played out of position tbf)

• Like 1