Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

A goal contribution every 2 games, 13 (9 Goals and 4 Assists) in 26 games.

Carry on in the same rate, he's looking at almost 25 goal contribution for the season.

Only player to feature in all 26 league games.

6m looking like a bargain, could easily double our money.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Much more complete winger then Barnes. Barnes might of been a good finisher with good numbers but Mavididi tops him in every other department 

Was chatting about this to my lad on the way home. In a way, i want to be careful comparing him to Barnes as Barnes had a few years of good stats against Premier League defenders.  To be compared Mavadidi will have to prove himself against much better defences. But, i think he is ready to step up to the challenge and will be doing this next season.

I do prefer watching Mavadidi though. He tracks back well and is playing with a swagger right now. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Much more complete winger then Barnes. Barnes might of been a good finisher with good numbers but Mavididi tops him in every other department 

Completely agree. Mavididi over the last month has been astonishing. I had some reservations about him, but he appears to have flicked a switch and found some demonic form. He’s so dangerous, he’s got an amazing ability to run with the ball as fast as he can without it. 

Not sure you can make a case for Mavididi being better than Barnes yet.

Barnes has 36 goals and 25 assist in the PL in 150 odd games.

Barnes at 19 scored 14 goals and got 11 assist on loan at West Brom and Barnsley In 49 games. Stats which also put Fatawua stats into prospect. 

But you can probably argue his more of a team player and puts a lot more into the defensive aspects of his game.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Barnes had a good finish in him but the amount he squandered was remarkable. Stephy showing signs he could go on to be a lot more clinical. 

• Like 1

The gulf in class between the two leagues is often most notable with attacking players. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

He is now showing how effective and strong he can be at this level and I've no concerns over his defensive play and ability to take players on even at a higher level but there'll be a big shift for him against PL opposition at getting in to goalscoring positions and having the sound technique to regularly put them away. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure you can make a case for Mavididi being better than Barnes yet.

Barnes has 36 goals and 25 assist in the PL in 150 odd games.

Barnes at 19 scored 14 goals and got 11 assist on loan at West Brom and Barnsley In 49 games. Stats which also put Fatawua stats into prospect. 

But you can probably argue his more of a team player and puts a lot more into the defensive aspects of his game.

Barnes is a very good finisher whos probably more of a striker then a winger. However he often felt like a one trick pony where he struggled to beat his man and didnt have the skill or flair to mix it up if his full back had nullified him early on. Mavididi is definitely the much more technical player where you feel he can skin his full back both ways and does alot more work defensively. 

• Like 2

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

Barnes is a very good finisher whos probably more of a striker then a winger. However he often felt like a one trick pony where he struggled to beat his man and didnt have the skill or flair to mix it up if his full back had nullified him early on. Mavididi is definitely the much more technical player where you feel he can skin his full back both ways and does alot more work defensively. 

100% but he's going to have to show it in the PL against better players.

I having a feeling listening to his interviews he sounds like a player who needed a home and some love.

He proving to be a bargain.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The gulf in class between the two leagues is often most notable with attacking players. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

He is now showing how effective and strong he can be at this level and I've no concerns over his defensive play and ability to take players on even at a higher level but there'll be a big shift for him against PL opposition at getting in to goalscoring positions and having the sound technique to regularly put them away. 

I agree, a prem keeper probably saves his Ipswich goal despite it being a great strike. 

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Comparing him to Barnes is pretty mad considering Barnes made this league his bitch with struggling Barnlsey at 19 (5 goals 4 assists in 1400 minutes) and then with Brom at 20 (9 goals and 7 assists in 2200 minutes)

Stephy has 9 and 4 in 2100 for the most dominant team this level has likely ever seen.

Just enjoy what he's doing without getting too carried away would be my advice :D

I’m glad it’s not just me that thinks like this. 

Hes good no doubt but this division is extremely poor so let’s not run away with ourselves additionally we are doing a massive disservice to Barnes. 

I see lots of people staffing themselves silly about how great the players are and how great this team is yet forget the gulf in class between the two divisions. 

We are pissing the league and so we should be with the players we have and well done to them and Enzo for what that have done so far but comparing this team to any team over the last few seasons is bonkers as the standard of the championship is so poor. 

7 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

I’m glad it’s not just me that thinks like this. 

Hes good no doubt but this division is extremely poor so let’s not run away with ourselves additionally we are doing a massive disservice to Barnes. 

I see lots of people staffing themselves silly about how great the players are and how great this team is yet forget the gulf in class between the two divisions. 

We are pissing the league and so we should be with the players we have and well done to them and Enzo for what that have done so far but comparing this team to any team over the last few seasons is bonkers as the standard of the championship is so poor. 

Easy to forget we got comfortable beaten by a average Blackburn team in the FA cup last season.

And thrashed by Forest the season before.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Easy to forget we got comfortable beaten by a average Blackburn team in the FA cup last season.

And thrashed by Forest the season before.

Wigan beat Man City a few years back in the cup these things happen and that’s the beauty of the cup. 

The point stands that the gulf in class between the two divisions is massive. Burnley pissed the league last year and are being found out this season. 

We are doing an excellent job in the championship and I would expect us to with the squad we have. If we played this squad in the premier league I personally think we would struggle and this isn’t me being a doom and gloom merchant I’m just being realistic. We give away enough chances to the opposition in this league and if we did that in the prem we would be punished. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

Wigan beat Man City a few years back in the cup these things happen and that’s the beauty of the cup. 

The point stands that the gulf in class between the two divisions is massive. Burnley pissed the league last year and are being found out this season. 

We are doing an excellent job in the championship and I would expect us to with the squad we have. If we played this squad in the premier league I personally think we would struggle and this isn’t me being a doom and gloom merchant I’m just being realistic. We give away enough chances to the opposition in this league and if we did that in the prem we would be punished. 

All 3 promoted team stayed up the season before this.

Burnley and Sheff U had dreadful summer windows, Luton were promoted left field.

Not sure that gulf in class is as big as it was.

A lot will depend on what the club are willing to spend, we will also be shopping in a different market to the 3 promoted teams.

People will see are relegation as a one year blip and us more of an established PL team with recent trophies.

Edited by coolhandfox