Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

Stephy will get better and better  alongside Enzo's coaching this season.  It is unfair to compare him against Barnes just now, but I prefer Mavididi's all round play, tracking back, taking on players etc, to that of Barnes, I'm not saying he is better, as I'm sure the stats will show he isn't, and the standards gap Championship / Premier league, I'm just saying I prefer his football to that of Barnes, he will be an important part of the team in the Prem, and in time, I predict will be an opposition Defence's worst nightmare. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vazman said:

Stephy will get better and better  alongside Enzo's coaching this season.  It is unfair to compare him against Barnes just now, but I prefer Mavididi's all round play, tracking back, taking on players etc, to that of Barnes, I'm not saying he is better, as I'm sure the stats will show he isn't, and the standards gap Championship / Premier league, I'm just saying I prefer his football to that of Barnes, he will be an important part of the team in the Prem, and in time, I predict will be an opposition Defence's worst nightmare. 

Unfair…I prefer Stephi already…

Barnes one of my favourites, never lived upto my expectations

Mavididi is already doing it after 5 months…his potential,his movement & running

has already entertained me,more than what Barnes delivered..

plus I don’t have to guess,how gameday performance and mood will be…

SM delivers,even when not hitting  the high notes every minute..

Barnes could of been WC..chronic injuries,then not delivering when we needed him,meant in my eyes fell short..but still one of the best.He could return and turn his career around

Mavididi from the beginning was delivering for Enzo & system…
He will be tested next season…the future lays before him

Right now…carry on fella you are doing a top job..!!

• Like 1

Was tempted to put him as the player of 2023. KDH probably is, Winks and Hermansen have been superb and essential but this lad has been great and is adding goals consistently.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Sly said:

Any idea why he was subbed off yesterday? 

It removed any outlet we had and stopped us pushing them back. 

To be fair he was really poor in the first half. Must have given the ball away 5/6 times which turned into counter attacks and had the potential to lose his head with the crowd.

That being said, agree it nullified all attacking intent once he went off so in hindsight not a great decision.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kingston_fox said:

To be fair he was really poor in the first half. Must have given the ball away 5/6 times which turned into counter attacks and had the potential to lose his head with the crowd.

That being said, agree it nullified all attacking intent once he went off so in hindsight not a great decision.

He’s our match winner but agree he wasn’t up to his usual standard.

It was more bizarre, as we didn’t exactly have loads of attacking talent on the bench. 

Guest Col city fan

This is exactly what you get with Mavididi.

Unstoppable one week, invisible the next.

Its probably why he’s not made it really at the top level. 
It must be a mental thing I assume.

58 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Do you watch many games these days? He has been consistently good for quite a while now - he's our joint top scorer ( i think :) ). He also suits our strategy (control the game 1st half, grow into it in the 2nd), and the red card yesterday meant we change strategy and didn't do our 'thing'. I thought Cov handled both wingers well in the 1st half, but if we went into the 2nd half with 11 it would have been a different story.  Think your comment is pretty naive, as even the most elite of whingers have games where they can be contained, but come alive and take their chances later in games. Mavididi didn't really do much wrong yesterday, and personally i would have preferred to have kept him on for the 2nd half regardless. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 3

I thought McAteer was very useful 2nd half but that's because we set up to counter and had Mavididi stayed on then I suspect he would have been equally as dangerous but with better ability to take players on.

We need him to be bang on it the next few games with Fatawu out.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Col city fan said:

He has not been invisible at all.  Coventry was not his best performance but Invisible is a gross exaggeration .. 

• Like 1

On 14/01/2024 at 07:56, kingston_fox said:

I thought he was only bad for the first 10-15 minutes then he settled in the game despite getting booed by the Coventry fans.

• Like 2

On 14/01/2024 at 08:50, Col city fan said:

Hmmmmm that might be the pattern of his first few months at Leicester but are you going to ignore the last 6 weeks where he's scored 6 and assisted 1 but more importantly shown much more consistency across all the games as a whole? 

He's still a work in progress and I do think the fine margins that propel players to the top of the game is what he's working on with Enzo and the staff. He's a laid back character that works in his favour in some ways but in others perhaps he's suffered. I love this sort of player though, cost us £5-6m and could be worth 4-5 times that with the ability he's got and the right coaching.

• Like 4

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13050873/stephy-mavididi-interview-leicester-winger-on-his-form-time-at-juventus-and-premier-league-dream

Leicester winger Stephy Mavididi chats to Sky Sports about his happiness with his form, his time at Juventus and his dream of reaching the Premier League. 

• Like 1

Aren't his performances reminiscent of Mahrez in his early days? Mahrez was hit and miss to begin with but had the skill and mentality to play to a superb level. Whilst Mavididi may not quite have the skills of Mahrez I don't' think he is far short.  With support from coaching team/Maresca he could be important to the team in the PL next season:).  

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Aren't his performances reminiscent of Mahrez in his early days? Mahrez was hit and miss to begin with but had the skill and mentality to play to a superb level. Whilst Mavididi may not quite have the skills of Mahrez I don't' think he is far short.  With support from coaching team/Maresca he could be important to the team in the PL next season:).  

I think he's a very long way off Mahrez unfortunately.  Mahrez's touch and vision were out of this world.  The most skilful player I ever saw play for Leicester.  I do think Stephy has what it takes to be a steady squad member in the Premier League but I can't see him reaching the levels Mahrez got to.  I hope he gets enough of a chance to prove me wrong.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2024 at 08:50, Col city fan said:

You are right but to be fair he has been improving in this aspect since the early days. He is also less hesitant in taking on players and more direct at running with the ball. He has also improved the defensive side. I wasn’t sure when I first saw him in a city shirt but I have been increasingly impressed. Likewise Fatawu on the right but with a different trajectory. 

53 minutes ago, Death by Football said:

I think he's a very long way off Mahrez unfortunately.  Mahrez's touch and vision were out of this world.  The most skilful player I ever saw play for Leicester.  I do think Stephy has what it takes to be a steady squad member in the Premier League but I can't see him reaching the levels Mahrez got to.  I hope he gets enough of a chance to prove me wrong.

When Mahrez was first here a lot of people doubted he had what it takes. Too lightweight, drifts in and out of games, doesn't get back enough... were all comments made about him.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

When Mahrez was first here a lot of people doubted he had what it takes. Too lightweight, drifts in and out of games, doesn't get back enough... were all comments made about him.

Danny Simpson was working overtime on the wing to cover Mahrez going forwards, then we had Albrighton and okazaki running back, to allow Mahrez to play that almost advanced striker role

He wasn't very good at Coventry but I think taking him off at HT was the biggest mistake on the day. You've already lost Fatawu and you'll be under the cosh, at least retain your best threat on the counter.

• Like 3

On 19/01/2024 at 15:37, Dan LCFC said:

He wasn't very good at Coventry but I think taking him off at HT was the biggest mistake on the day. You've already lost Fatawu and you'll be under the cosh, at least retain your best threat on the counter.

Absolutately right. A terrible mistake taking him off against Coventry. He ahould have been moved more centrally along with Cannon to occupy the Cov defence.

By taking him off allowed Coventry to push onto us and pin us back in our own half.

Hopefully we wont make that mistake again.

Edited by Clever Fox
spelling
  • Like 2

Why are some of us fans so quick to peg a player down. Mavididi has shown a lot already and still has much more potential!

he’s doing just fine imo and getting the best coaching from Enzo’s staff. I agree though he has to bring the heat every game and he will over time. Not an easy task! How many of us have 100% productive days at work lol? Saying that we sure could use a star performance from him tonite in a big game against Ipswich.