Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

1 hour ago, Richmondfox said:

He did all that despite JJ behind him who barely passed the ball forward when he was in space or attempted to overlap.  I think Stepfy and VK should work well together. 

Agreed. As much as I do like JJ, I do think VK would create more space for Mavididi to run and create havoc simply by occupying an opposition defender with his overlapping runs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Under valued and rated by a lot of fans. 

Brilliant business for 7m.

I think his lack of blistering pace might hold him back against the better FB’s.

I appreciate that wingers are hot and cold by nature but his demeanour when it wasn’t going well for him was rank last season, I hope he doesn’t sulk as much this season when it’s going to be a lot harder.

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if the lack of game time for him could be because of our striker problem. I think there’s no option to replace vardy that cooper likes without daka and because of this, mavi is being held on the bench so that cooper has an option later in the game. 

I struggle to believe anyone would think bdr is a better option out wide 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I wonder if the lack of game time for him could be because of our striker problem. I think there’s no option to replace vardy that cooper likes without daka and because of this, mavi is being held on the bench so that cooper has an option later in the game. 

I struggle to believe anyone would think bdr is a better option out wide 

Hope this is the case but don't get the logic from Cooper.

Instead of weakening 2 positions by playing BDR and using Mavididi as a backup striker, why not just start Mavididi in his natural position and use Cannon as the starting striker with Vardy from the bench.

Cannon isn't going to be any worse a striker than Mavididi out of position.

Edited by trooky
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, trooky said:

Instead of weakening 2 positions by playing BDR and using Mavididi as a backup striker, why not just start Mavididi in his natural position and use Cannon as the starting striker with Vardy from the bench.

This is exactly why he isn’t starting Mavididi. I think you’ll find he will start on the left again in the next few weeks. 

1 hour ago, trooky said:

Cannon will be going out on loan by the sound of it. Absolutely crazy decision.

4 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Cannon isn’t very good 

Based on what? He did well last season when he was called upon, had a good loan a Preston and the Everton fans wasn’t very happy to lose him. He’s young and will only get better. Defo one for the next few seasons plus we’ll probably be in the championship next season so he’d be absolutely fine for us. Pointless selling him.

15 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

He did well last season

He did OK last season. 

He's about as ready for the Premier League as Alves and Braybrooke. 

People really need to stop putting the expectation on kids to save us. 

They hopefully all will have great futures but the best thing for them and us, both in terms of on field and their market values, is loan time getting played every week. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Think he scored 2 great goals on his first 2 games he played last season and then he had an injury......just because he doesn't aimlessly run around you think he's rubbish 

He scored 3 in his first 2 starts then we played Cov away and Abdul got sent off and not sure he started another game despite Daka stinking the place out from Middlesbrough at home onwards. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

He scored 3 in his first 2 starts then we played Cov away and Abdul got sent off and not sure he started another game despite Daka stinking the place out from Middlesbrough at home onwards. 

Yup thanks for correcting me, he did score 2 against the Hud..... would of ticked you but got none left 😊

He's obviously on the bench to replace Vardy part way through the game.

Vardy can't play the whole game so we need someone to sit on the bench and come on after 60 mins. Unfortunately that is Mavididi at the moment.

How do people not get that?

I don’t buy the ‘replacement for Vardy’ talk. He could just play LW until Vardy went off and then switch to striker if that was the case.

Cooper doesn’t trust him defensively, BDR does the defensive work, simple as that. Not saying it’s right but that’s the way it is at the moment.

wouldn't be surprised to see Ayew start on the left vs Villa. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

He's obviously on the bench to replace Vardy part way through the game.

Vardy can't play the whole game so we need someone to sit on the bench and come on after 60 mins. Unfortunately that is Mavididi at the moment.

How do people not get that?

Sorry mate, but what total tripe. Even worse, you've attempted to patronise people whilst posting such tripe.