Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Cooper spent all of pre-season playing him out of position

Then until the Palace league game he gives him hardly any league minutes in favour of his Prem experienced fetish players

Finally starts him and he has 2 goals in 2 games and was probably our MOTM in 1 of those games

Cooper is an idiot

I wonder how long it will take him to realise he also needs to be starting Fatawu at the same time

Half the goals in 5 games than Ayew got in 38 last season.

Mav works hard and often does too much as he’s on his own because of the wrong players Cooper picks. He gets doubled up in and still makes things happen. I genuinely don’t think Cooper sees that having two tricky wingers on that can shoot from outside the box is a good thing. 

I want to see a front 4 of Vardy, Fatawu, Mav and Facundo just going for it from the start. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Then until the Palace league game he gives him hardly any league minutes in favour of his Prem experienced fetish players

Finally starts him and he has 2 goals in 2 games and was probably our MOTM in 1 of those games

Cooper is an idiot

I wonder how long it will take him to realise he also needs to be starting Fatawu at the same time

He'll probably never realise or hopefully won't have the time to realise. I think this guy bluffed his way into football management.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

He'll probably never realise or hopefully won't have the time to realise. I think this guy bluffed his way into football management.

I totally agree.

I find it hard to fathom how he's got to be a premier league manager too - He shows absolutely no sign of any football acumen whatsoever. 

• Like 1

From the little I've seen of our games this season I've been impressed Mavididi, admittedly one of them games was the Stockport one. Last season it was like he felt he was too good for the league but I think we've seen him a bit hungrier in his appearances so far this season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Cooper is an idiot

I'm no fan of Cooper and I think he's making a lot of mistakes, but to be fair I think a lot of people forget/miss/ignore the fact that in the first few games of the season we only had Vardy available as a striker (Cannon out on loan, Daka injured, Edouard not signed/ineligible), so he 'had' to leave Mavididi on the bench as cover

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Cooper is an idiot

I’m sure I’ve read on here or a Forest fan has told me that Cooper leans toward only playing 1 out and out winger. If Praet was still at the club no doubt he’d be played down a flank 🤣 

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I'm no fan of Cooper and I think he's making a lot of mistakes, but to be fair I think a lot of people forget/miss/ignore the fact that in the first few games of the season we only had Vardy available as a striker (Cannon out on loan, Daka injured, Edouard not signed/ineligible), so he 'had' to leave Mavididi on the bench as cover

that’s simply not true though. Bdr could do it, Mavi could just move from the wing up top mid game, heck you’d put fatawu there if you needed to. You’re right about his logic but that’s not a reason to drop one of your star players imo 

• Like 1

Mavididi's form did drop in the second half of last season where he only scored 4 goals after Boxing Day. I can see why he wasn't a nailed on starter this season, especially with Cooper playing a different style to Enzo. 

He's played great when given the chance this season though and has deservedly got himself into the starting 11. 

1 hour ago, Viva said:

Mavididi's form did drop in the second half of last season where he only scored 4 goals after Boxing Day. I can see why he wasn't a nailed on starter this season, especially with Cooper playing a different style to Enzo. 

He's played great when given the chance this season though and has deservedly got himself into the starting 11. 

I don’t think his form dropped per se. He was being doubled up on most games as the oppo saw him as our main threat. 

Edited by Mon.is.a.god
  • Like 1