Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Wilfred Ndidi

11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I will never forgive Enzo for seemingly making people think that Ndidi can be used as a 10 - especially in the Prem ffs

How disheartening must it be as one of his teammates to play a good yet simple ball into him and see the ball roll completely under his foot or his touch sends it 5 yards the wrong way

I agree. Yesterday it was almost predictable, he was like watching CoCo the clown with a big red nose. Someone would pass him the ball and you could almost hear the joke horn sound as he once again tripped over his big flat feet! All that was missing was the bucket of confetti 🎊 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Like many others have said 3 years was always madness considering that no one else appeared keen.

He’s not the ball winning beast anymore, could say that ship sailed 3 years ago.

If he’s not on reduced terms, any future financial punishments we receive are so well deserved.

• Like 2

I suppose offering him a new contract was a sort of safety net.  It was an easy deal to do and we have since added Skipp, but had we not got Skipp in, despite there being other possibilities in the market, with the way our transfers have gone this summer, having him in just in case was better than not.  With that though, he should now be a squad filler, not a starter.

• Like 2

Needs to be a squad player. This number 10 experiment has to stop. He makes some decent runs at times, but his tecnique is horrendous and stops too many of our attacks. I also do not think he is very dominant a winning the ball back anymore. When he was at his prime, he was near Kante levels of a midfield destroyer, but he unfortunately does not look like hitting his prime again.

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I agree. Yesterday it was almost predictable, he was like watching CoCo the clown with a big red nose. Someone would pass him the ball and you could almost hear the joke horn sound as he once again tripped over his big flat feet! All that was missing was the bucket of confetti 🎊 

Another useless performance by him. His legs have caught up with his brain. He offers little now apart from jogging about, tracking runners like Soumare.  Many times a player was only a few yards ahead and he drifts away rather than chasing. He doesn’t seem to make actual tackles anymore or be able to read the game and intercept passes.  

I genuinely can’t see any strengths and what he brings to a starting line up.  At the back he just floats around getting in the way, when he tries to bring the ball out he loses it or hands off to another player to put them under pressure. Up front it obvious. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Coco came to our school.... doing some roadsafty spiel.   He gave me a badge for asking if his shoes were size 20.

Him signing a new contract was the worst thing to happen i think.

Whether it's the memory of when he used to be good, or the pressure to play him because of the wages he's on, i really don't know.

It's like watching Bambi try and play football.

It's gone past the point of him not being very good to the point where hes now a hindrance.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2

Cooper should get out a few of his old videos when he was at his best and tell him this is what I want you to do.

He's never going to be a Footballer in an attacking sence his touch is to poor.

Move him back into midfield with Skipp or Winks and move Skipp or Winks playing in front of them offering more in attack along with the new lad.

He covers ground quicker than any of the others and thats his best position.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Cooper should get out a few of his old videos when he was at his best and tell him this is what I want you to do.

He's never going to be a Footballer in an attacking sence his touch is to poor.

Move him back into midfield with Skipp or Winks and move Skipp or Winks playing in front of them offering more in attack along with the new lad.

He covers ground quicker than any of the others and thats his best position.

No thank you. He is such a handicap to the team if he plays next to Winks. It makes Winks and others around him struggle as well. Teammates are supposed to make you better. If we move him away from the AM role, it has to be to the bench.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

No thank you. He is such a handicap to the team if he plays next to Winks. It makes Winks and others around him struggle as well. Teammates are supposed to make you better. If we move him away from the AM role, it has to be to the bench.

I understand what you're saying but I still think he offers to much to Bench. I know he's frustrating but take the Spurs game 2  clearances of the line and someting similar against Fulham.

What about playing him as a CB,  which was the position he played when we signed him.

2 hours ago, JimJams said:

It wasn't.

But I don't mind the idea of him at CB.  You've now swapped him n Faes around! lol

I think he did start out as a CB. But it doesn'r matter. Swapping with Faes , Yes one possible calamity for another, At least NDiddi doesn't stop playing after a mistake.

• Like 1

Worth pointing out that he's still a useful member of the team. He just simply cannot play as an attacking midfielder. We need to stop pissing around with that idea. We're not playing part time brick layers in the Championship anymore nor do we have a manager good enough to make it work anymore.

He's a 6. He can only play in a 2 man pivot alongside Winks or Skipp.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Worth pointing out that he's still a useful member of the team. He just simply cannot play as an attacking midfielder. We need to stop pissing around with that idea. We're not playing part time brick layers in the Championship anymore nor do we have a manager good enough to make it work anymore.

He's a 6. He can only play in a 2 man pivot alongside Winks or Skipp.

When was the last time he performed well in that number 6 role? 

He's a defensive midfielder and nothing more in the PL. Got no problem with him coming off the bench and doing a job for us - but please stop starting him. We simply have to get our creative players on the pitch. And Skipp and Winks are better all rounders than Ndidi so they need to start 

• Like 3

I think if we are being honest, the reality of his real age is kicking in. He's lost a lot of pace, he is nowhere near as combative in the tackle anymore and he certainly doesn't have the touch or skill to play in an advanced role. He certainly offers something from the bench, in a defensive role, but whether he's carrying persistent injuries or something I don't know, but he seems done to me as a starter. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

When was the last time he performed well in that number 6 role? 

He doesn't start in what i'd consider the best XI but he's still a useful member of our team.

10 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I think of we are being honest, the reality of his real age is kicking in. He's lost a lot of pace, he is nowhere near as combative in the tackle anymore and he certainly doesn't have the touch or skill to play in an advanced role. He certainly offers something from the bench, in a defensive role, but whether he's carrying persistent injuries or something I don't know, but he seems done to me as a starter. 

He's 27.