Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Wilfred Ndidi

That role of being the destroyer up top, really works against teams trying to play out from the back. Alot of disrespect levelled against him from our own fans, but still doing the business.

:schmike:

Edited by sm1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

He was absolutley honking vs Villa

And this is it, isn’t it. He’s just not consistent enough in this ‘new role’. It’s mental to carry on like that. Stop playing players out of position. It’s my biggest bug-bare in the game of football. Just play square pegs in square holes ffs!

9 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Just imagine our half our fans wanted him to leave 🤣 he’s been good for us so far. Always gives 100% 

He does not always give 100%. he's one of the players responsible for our relegation, with lazy poor performances. He has put in more effort since then but doesn't have the best stamina, which is maybe why he's improved as he covers less ground

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

But that is what this forum is like at times, very extreme and negative. We aren't going to play all guns blazing away from home. The tactics in the final 30 mins cost us the game not the line up - we have more than enough personnel wise to stay up - it's whether SC can get the tactics and line ups right and start getting points on the board. 

Half the people praising N'didi would of been slagging him off when the line up was announced. 

This is exactly my point. 

Most people here have been watching the sport for decades and yet still jump to uninformed opinions before a ball has been kicked...

Can't fault his performance on Saturday. 

Helped us get the goals and put himself about in the right places, influential in winning the ball back and was decent on the ball. 

Happily hold my hands up as I was very much against him starting in that midfield role before the game. Happily impressed with him. 

I just hope he's consistent enough. My worry is that he currently is not. Stinker against Villa, turned up against Palace. I hope Cooper can see that he'll be effective against some teams and not so much against other teams where we'll need more flair for instance, as opposed to physicality which he does have. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Can't fault his performance on Saturday. 

Helped us get the goals and put himself about in the right places, influential in winning the ball back and was decent on the ball. 

Happily hold my hands up as I was very much against him starting in that midfield role before the game. Happily impressed with him. 

I just hope he's consistent enough. My worry is that he currently is not. Stinker against Villa, turned up against Palace. I hope Cooper can see that he'll be effective against some teams and not so much against other teams where we'll need more flair for instance, as opposed to physicality which he does have. 

Villa sat in against us. I think Ndidi probably suits us more when we're looking to counter attack. Maybe Bilal or Facundo would be better when teams need to be broken down.

Played very well Saturday. Used his power and strength further forward to good affect. I'm convinced he should have dropped deeper (unless knackered) for those final 15/20 and we take off Skipp or Winks for Bueno. That would have further utilised his strength and we maintained an attacking / passing threat. Keeping Hamza just where he needed to be. On the bench

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Despite the protestations of this midfield trio, he was excellent on Saturday. 

There are times he's extremely limited on the ball but the last 12 months he's grown in confidence in being switched on in all areas of the pitch and he's now put in some dominant displays in the final third.

I'm glad he signed a new deal with us, I still don't think there are many ball winners better than him in our situation and certain opposition he's going to be extremely useful against as he wins said balls even higher up the pitch than before.

He's a counter attacking dream but we need to understand when and where to play him depending on the opposition.

This Saturday coming he's earnt the right to keep his place and of the midfield three I think Winks had the quieter game. It would be he who should drop out for Bounanotte or El Khannouss and have Ndidi and Skipp combining to protect and drive forward when the opportunity requires.

The intricate football of previous is long gone, we're now all about seizing territory amongst the chaos and whilst it will be scruffy, it's engaging. For that reason he's integral at times.

I haven’t done a @striderHiryu assessment but I have a feeling that palace targeted winks to try and kill any tempo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Villa sat in against us. I think Ndidi probably suits us more when we're looking to counter attack. Maybe Bilal or Facundo would be better when teams need to be broken down.

Yeah, we had more possession than Villa. Was an odd game. We saw last season that Ndidi was devastating in the occasions we got to counter and less so when we had to break teams down.

If his body holds up to it, the box to box role in certain games with a 10 playing will be key, as well as being the advanced midfielder in a central 3 when looking to play pure counter attacking football.