Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OnlyOneCity

Favourite players throughout your City years

When I started watching City regularly in 1966, my favourite player was Jackie Sinclair, a wonderful goal scoring winger. When he left, it was Lenny Glover. There were then a few down years, Gary was next, then Gary McAllister til he went. A few more dodgy years, then Scott Taylor, Steve Guppy, Steve Claridge, then my main man for many years, Muzzy. The years after Filbert Street were up and down, literally, without for me, someone who really hooked me in. Onto 2013, Nugent and Vardy gave us a great strike partnership, and since his Premier League debut against Man. Utd. where his personality really through, Jamie Vardy has been my GOAT. 

• Like 1

Heskey
Muzzy
Lloyd
Kasper
Vardy
Mahrez
Leo
Marco
Shinji
Ricardo

Can't really remember who my favourites were as a kid apart from the first two, I recall liking Les Ferdinand, Steve Guppy, Kasey Keller, Joey Guðjónsson and Matty Fryatt though

Muzzy was my first real hero. I loved watching him when I was a youngster. Think it was my first real heartbreak seeing him leave. After that I'd say probably Vardy.

Real genuine club legends the pair of them.

Edit:

Special shout-out for Lloyd Dyer and Marc Albrighton. Absolutely dons.

Edited by longy

Dyer, King, Berner and had they played more for us Mark Davies, Tunchev (these two for quite clearly being far better than the level we were at) and Gradel would have ended up in this list. Probably mainly due to them being involved with the set up that actually made it enjoyable to watch us again.

More recently, besides the obvious Vardy, Mahrez shouts, Ricardo is up there.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1