Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OnlyOneCity

Favourite players throughout your City years

3 minutes ago, Collibosher70 said:

Steve lynex...Gary mcallister...Gary Parker....Steve Walsh...muzzy....vardy 

Yep. Stevie Lynex was on fire one season - made Kenny Sansom (the English full back of the time) look like Frank Spencer when we walloped Arsenal. Then he doubled as a goalkeeper against Shrewsbury. I'd also mention Frankie Wortho but I never saw him in the flesh, only on the box.

• Like 1

Tim Flowers
Paul Dickov
Danny Tiatto lol
Matty Fryatt
Martyn Waghorn
Matty James
N'Golo Kante
Shinji Okazaki
Kasper Schmeichel
Harvey Barnes

Something like that.

Edited by Mark_w

All the usual suspects have been mentioned but a shout out to Ally Mauchlen who never shirked a challenge and always worked his nuts off. The epidemy of a team player.

In terms of who got me out of my seat with pure skill and talent, Joachim and Mahrez.

• Like 1

Vardy, Mahrez, Schmeichel, Lineker and Morgan taken as a given I guess.

But other than those - always had a big soft sport for both Albrighton and Nugent. Always gave everything for the shirt and always felt we were much a better side when they played.

Then loved Leo Ulloa too. Scored some massive goals for us, real big game player.

Going back a bit further, always a big fan of Alan Smith when he played for us, although seems some of the younger fans seem to dislike him for his commentary.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

Okazaki is/was an absolute hero! 

He was part of a successful team and was a joy to watch, even when doing the more ugly side of the game. He gave everything in every single match and he played with a smile on his face! Also, he never ended up at a club I dislike like so many ex players seem to.

He just came across as a modest and humble fella off the pitch too. Love him :wub:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OnlyOneCity said:

When I started watching City regularly in 1966, my favourite player was Jackie Sinclair, a wonderful goal scoring winger. When he left, it was Lenny Glover. There were then a few down years, Gary was next, then Gary McAllister til he went. A few more dodgy years, then Scott Taylor, Steve Guppy, Steve Claridge, then my main man for many years, Muzzy. The years after Filbert Street were up and down, literally, without for me, someone who really hooked me in. Onto 2013, Nugent and Vardy gave us a great strike partnership, and since his Premier League debut against Man. Utd. where his personality really through, Jamie Vardy has been my GOAT. 

Started supporting them in 66 too.. Because of Gordon Banks! 

.. Then Shilton was a big favourite... 

Loved the late 60s early 70's sides. 

Farrington, Glover, Weller, Sammels and of course Frank Worthington!!.. What an era. 

Pontus Kamaark a big favorite a little later on.. What a player he was!! 

15/16 side of course were just crazy.. Kante was just incredible. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Yep. Stevie Lynex was on fire one season - made Kenny Sansom (the English full back of the time) look like Frank Spencer when we walloped Arsenal. Then he doubled as a goalkeeper against Shrewsbury. I'd also mention Frankie Wortho but I never saw him in the flesh, only on the box.

I forgot Super Stevie Lynx on the wing. Fantastic player. Possibly one of the most under rated players that have played for us in my view.