Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OnlyOneCity

Favourite players throughout your City years

19 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Yep. Stevie Lynex was on fire one season - made Kenny Sansom (the English full back of the time) look like Frank Spencer when we walloped Arsenal. Then he doubled as a goalkeeper against Shrewsbury. I'd also mention Frankie Wortho but I never saw him in the flesh, only on the box.

I only ever saw frankie on TV until he turned out for a charity game at saffron Lane stadium....Brian little was manager at the time....frankie still had all the skills.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Collibosher70 said:

I only ever saw frankie on TV until he turned out for a charity game at saffron Lane stadium....Brian little was manager at the time....frankie still had all the skills.

Frankie wortho was even better seeing him in person but I’d also have to mention Keith Weller. Now there was a great player. I could add steve whitworth and mark wallington as well but the list goes on from that era. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Dickov was a proper little chav, wasn't he?

16 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah proper little rat but at the time I loved it

Dickov and Vardy up front would have been brilliant to see.

Basically all of the O'Neil team were extremely likeable. They were men's men. Elliot, Tags, mad Frank, Walshy, Gupps, Spencer Prior,  the Marsh, Muzz, Neil Lennon, Emile (quiet but lovely), Grayson even the unsung lads of Andy Impey and Zagorakis. Keller was cool but clearly on another planet intellectually and socially to the others. Claridge was an oddball.