Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Lionesses vs Belgium - King Power Stadium 27/10/23

King Power Stadium will host England Women’s UEFA Women’s Nations League fixture against Belgium on Friday 27 October (7:45pm kick-off), with tickets to go on sale to My England Football members from Friday 11 August.

The game on Filbert Way, which will be broadcast across ITV, will be the first time the Lionesses have played in Leicester since a 1-1 draw against Sweden in September 1980.

It will also mark one of the first opportunities for supporters to see the Lionesses in action on home soil following their return from the World Cup in Australia and New Zealand, where they booked their spot in the quarter-finals with a shootout victory over Nigeria on Monday.

The King Power Stadium meeting with Belgium, whose most capped international player is current LCFC Women star Janice Cayman, will be followed four days later with a return game hosted at King Power at Den Dreef Stadium – the home of LCFC’s sister club, OH Leuven, in Belgium.

Tickets for the game at King Power Stadium will go on sale to My England Football members on Friday 11 August and on general sale on Tuesday 15 August. Sign up to My England Football before Friday to access the priority window. 

Details of hospitality packages will be confirmed on LCFC.com in due course, while car parking will also be available from LCFC.com priced at £10.

The announcement of the Lionesses fixture comes ahead of the start of the new Barclays Women’s Super League season, with LCFC Women getting their campaign underway on 1 October away to Bristol City.

City’s stars then return home to King Power Stadium a week later on Sunday 8 October to host Everton (3pm kick-off)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

We need to get that expansion done and we could see more. 

2028 could be a possibility.. 

Would be great to attract some of the other international teams too, akin to the Brazil fixture we had when it opened

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ashley said:

We need to get that expansion done and we could see more. 

2028 could be a possibility.. 

Whilst it would be great, I don't think Leicester is being considered as a venue for Euro 2028 (assuming it does come to the UK / Ireland)

These are the venues for that tournament (as it stands)

• Like 2

Be warned people, these England women games are a total scam. Went to one a while back, took the kids and everything. We were really looking forward to it

And turned out it was just some ordinary human women playing football.

Not a lioness to be seen. Kids were in tears. And they didn't give me my money back.

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

So another international tournament same year as WC, mens football would love the women's calendar, the ratio of league games to these games is a wet dream for the mens game.

The nations league for the mens team started 2 months after the Russian world cup in 2018...

18 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Whilst it would be great, I don't think Leicester is being considered as a venue for Euro 2028 (assuming it does come to the UK / Ireland)

These are the venues for that tournament (as it stands)

What's the max stadiums that can be used I mean we can easily double that list

add Leicester, Bristol, Swansea, Sheffield, Sunderland and Edinburgh possibly Brighton.

I can't see the reason why Uefa could not allow a country to use more stadium's at least the whole country gets the experience and allows nations to see as many cities and stadiums as possible.

Edited by Leicesterpool

13 hours ago, Sparrowhawk said:

Be warned people, these England women games are a total scam. Went to one a while back, took the kids and everything. We were really looking forward to it

And turned out it was just some ordinary human women playing football.

Not a lioness to be seen. Kids were in tears. And they didn't give me my money back.

Did you turn up to the open training session in full kit as well? 

What a bunch of charlatans!