Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TJ-Fox

Advice/reassurance for Cardiff game

Taking my 6yo to his first game on Saturday 19th (Cardiff).

Have managed to get tickets in M1, part of/next to the away stand. Should i be worried about this? Potential abuse from away fans?

He's quite a timid kid, and maybe i'm over-thinking it.

Any advice/reassurance would be appreciated

10 minutes ago, TJ-Fox said:

Have managed to get tickets in M1, part of/next to the away stand. Should i be worried about this? Potential abuse from away fans?

The last couple of seasons I've taken my young lad (7/8) in there and I've never had a problem - except for the stewards being difficult at the entrance regarding searching him. 

You’ll be fine there. 

I took my 4 year old against Bournemouth. You’ll have Leicester fans to the right of you and a decent sized better segregation to the left of you. 

If he's anything like my 5 year old who went to his first game last Sunday, who's also a bit resistant to noise, he'll get bored after 10 minutes and get the colouring books out. Then tell me off when I use the word 'crap'. He'll be fine enjoy the moment together 

• Haha 2

Buy him a stone island jumper ,he'll  be fine. 😆 

Don't really think there is much to worry about  these days. Took my youngest 4 seasons ago in yhe family stand. Within 3 games she wanted to be in the atmosphere. Moved to g1 for a few games and since then go every home game in sk1. She absolutely  loves it. Just have had to st the boundaries regarding the singing that I never hear some of those words outside the kp. Would  go to away games if it was possible.  Only managed Newcastle  and Bournemouth  tickets so far. Don't worry, enjoy the time together with something  you hopefully  both enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest lcfc80

Won't have an issue with the Cardiff fans, don't over think that. Noise from a goal/something bad might be a little shock at first but may just take it in his stride for what it is. Took my nephew his first game against Arsenal last season when he was 7 right next to the away fans. No problems whatsoever although he told his mum I called the Arsenal fans ****** and everyone was swearing round us shouting "keep the ****ing ball Leicester". Cheers for that 

8 hours ago, Craig said:

The last couple of seasons I've taken my young lad (7/8) in there and I've never had a problem - except for the stewards being difficult at the entrance regarding searching him. 

They shouldn't be searching a minor.

Unless you mean he's bag?

8 hours ago, TJ-Fox said:

I sat there once when my lad was the same age and he was of a similar disposition. It was his fourth game; Man City. Lost 1-0 and the ‘banter’ from the away fans was a bit too much for him. Depends how well you think he’ll take that win lose or draw. 👍

Edited by phoneticerror

23 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

They searched my lads last season who were 6 & 8, I made it into a bit of fun at the time but now you say that they shouldn’t have been searched at all.

• Like 1

If your TOO close to the away fans then it might get abit too much for him.

It was kicking off in the family stand on Sunday with the Cov inbreds so keep a section away from the away fans

6 minutes ago, Skid_1884 said:

They searched my lads last season who were 6 & 8, I made it into a bit of fun at the time but now you say that they shouldn’t have been searched at all.

I'm only going on my experience of going to away games and my son being waved though without be searched because his under 18.

I look to see if there is anything legal about it, but it could be down to individual policy.

8 hours ago, TJ-Fox said:

All 6yr olds are timid,even those that stroll & strop around…each parent who have the fortune to have 2-open end amount of kids will recognise the Not so bad dilemma.

The world in this sense hasn’t changed too much,either for the worse or better.At football stadiums.

My sympathy and congratulations on this special day….And to be brutal..Yes your over thinking it.!! 
Many 5-6 yr olds have gone through this never to be forgot day..Today at W.C games even 2 yr olds

Speak to him,through the day, it’s really his day,so let „some“ things go. But 4 ices creams,Hot Dogs ,chips 

then crisps and a few pints is going too far…A tipple for the dad depends on crowd,your personal call..

But a shared sandwich,even a hot chocolate at ground, some momentoes ..scarf, a look in the shop,or the merchants outside

then a farewell shared takeaway afterwards ,what can be more son & Dad day…oh don’t forget that reassuring man cuddle to keep him warm. Obscenities, he might teach you a few learnt from the Playground ( timid or not),W.class,M.class,toff education or not….

Took my lad when he was 3 or 4, he was more bothered about getting the train into Lestah from Narborough, we did win 3-0 and the goal noise was "surprising for him".

Sadly he is 20 in Sept and now works in London BUT there isn't ANY conversation I have with him that doesn't involve Leicester City, the players, the aways etc.  Though we did go to Eindhoven and Rome together.  He even took his 15 year old sister to Burnley A midweek post covid win in his old Corsa for a 2-0 A win.

So it seems great now BUT you could unleash a monster later down the line!!!  And he comes up almost every game for the homes.

• Like 2

Took my lad to his first match when he was 3 vs Swansea. Vardy scored after 15 mins. Picked him (the lad) up to celebrate and cried. Best moment of my life!

Enjoy the moment and dont get too stressed. There will be too much going on for him to notice too much. 

Cardiff fans can be a bit feisty, and they are anti-English, but me and my lad sat in their home end vs Norwich last season, and they were brilliant. 'Men of Harlech' was genuionrly a goose bump moment. 

Fyi my lad is now 8 and loves a good "who are ya?" "you've only come to watch Leicester" chant back at the away fans!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Nah, Showsec wanted to wand him and then search him which I refused as he was panicking and getting upset, and then the steward in question started laughing at him. 

In the end they let us through after I contacted LCFC Help, and then I got a full apology from the club for how he had been treated - although they did say that the Showsec team on those turnstiles had been instructed to search all individuals entering the ground.

• Like 1